The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 17 October 2017, 07:56 PM   #91
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
I’ve always wondered since the steel 15407 is the more popular model that if you wanted the RG version, would the boutique still say “sorry list is full”?

Also would you be bumped towards the top of the waitlist since the RG version is a higher margin item compared to the steel version?
RG is not hard to get. It goes for a discount.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2017, 11:14 PM   #92
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
i know, its crossed my mind. Even on the forums, the vast majority of CE 44 incomings for example originate in Asia. That one isn't on my buy list, but I've heard great things about the boutiques in Asia.
Just fyi, but YMMV on the boutique in Japan. Any nice pieces (15202, 15305, etc.) are all for display only. Been there a number of times and quite frankly never had a great experience, starting with CE Diver I purchased from them. I could only dream of being offered a diet coke (). Instead got the bums rush out the door so they could help a local remove a link from his bracelet! Asked for an AP hat with the purchase and was told it would be an additional charge. NYC, on the other hand, has almost always been perfect. Again, YMMV.

The funny thing is service is so over the top good in Japan that even at SBUX the people are so amazing.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 12:47 AM   #93
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Just fyi, but YMMV on the boutique in Japan. Any nice pieces (15202, 15305, etc.) are all for display only. Been there a number of times and quite frankly never had a great experience, starting with CE Diver I purchased from them. I could only dream of being offered a diet coke (). Instead got the bums rush out the door so they could help a local remove a link from his bracelet! Asked for an AP hat with the purchase and was told it would be an additional charge. NYC, on the other hand, has almost always been perfect. Again, YMMV.

The funny thing is service is so over the top good in Japan that even at SBUX the people are so amazing.
i thought i had the market cornered on bad experiences

My service was so bad and ongoing from APSC London, i got invited to the manufacture for a visit to make up for it. Then they didn't bother to to arrange the trip for me. I know others who are going so its only me that got ghosted. Yep, that happened.

I wasn't going anyway based on principle after waiting a month for the itinerary that never came, since they said it was coming "this week" in mid september but they just forgot i guess so i didn't even get to tell them i refused to go.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 12:49 AM   #94
justdate
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP/AP/Rolex
Quote:
i thought i had the market cornered on bad experiences

My service was so bad and ongoing from APSC London, i got invited to the manufacture for a visit to make up for it. Then they didn't bother to to arrange the trip for me. I know others who are going so its only me that got ghosted. Yep, that happened.
They need to sort it out, service is so important for luxury brands
justdate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2017, 01:12 AM   #95
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Patek and AP
its a Phase , a company that sells watches needs to sell watches at end of the day....

"Nothing happens until something moves "
Albert Einstein
JorgeCCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2017, 09:09 AM   #96
Amiroo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Royal Oak Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchingAustin View Post
I guess my investment paid off. Does anyone have any market analysis of when I should unload these?
second quarter of '18.
Rolex GMT-Master II BLNR 116710
Amiroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2017, 12:12 AM   #97
Uros
"TRF" Member

Happy to say...

Got mine 15202 today in stainless! It was stroke of luck in local AD I guess (although usual story two buyers on the list didn't pick it up but its irrelevant now). Probably not related to the topic but this watch is absolute perfection! Was scheduled to see it today and thinking no way it makes sense to add it on top of ROO which I have also on metal bracelet or justify price difference vs 15400 or similar which I wanted to acquire at some point later in life. Uf I was wrong, there is something about those proportions and overall appearance, looks like out of this world:) Was completely unplanned but...
Uros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2017, 12:14 AM   #98
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uros View Post
Got mine 15202 today in stainless! It was stroke of luck in local AD I guess (although usual story two buyers on the list didn't pick it up but its irrelevant now). Probably not related to the topic but this watch is absolute perfection! Was scheduled to see it today and thinking no way it makes sense to add it on top of ROO which I have also on metal bracelet or justify price difference vs 15400 or similar which I wanted to acquire at some point later in life. Uf I was wrong, there is something about those proportions and overall appearance, looks like out of this world:) Was completely unplanned but...
Congratulations! 🍾
Old 28 October 2017, 12:27 AM   #99
Uros
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Congratulations! ��
Thanks!
Uros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2017, 11:16 PM   #100
kingofthehill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba77 View Post
Very interesting I know 100% mine would be made end july/beg august as factory was closed for few weeks in august... the serial number is still J5***** , its high 50's...maybe there way working out production numbers for jumbo but no case numbers on watches anymore.
As I now understand, around 750 pieces per annum
kingofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2017, 05:22 AM   #101
rw2008
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex AP Patek
Well, a 15400 Blue just came up on the forums for $20k....
rw2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2017, 07:03 PM   #102
Recon
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS 1815 Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uros View Post
So does this mean that the 15202st is still available to ADs in the US? I placed an order with my AD earlier in the year and was told sometime in 2019 for delivery because there were 2~3 ppl ahead of me on the list. Praying AP is still allocating 15202 to ADs
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2017, 01:20 AM   #103
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
So does this mean that the 15202st is still available to ADs in the US? I placed an order with my AD earlier in the year and was told sometime in 2019 for delivery because there were 2~3 ppl ahead of me on the list. Praying AP is still allocating 15202 to ADs

It’s a crap shoot. ADs use to get 5-6 a year and then last year it went down to 1-2. As far as the future, nobody knows but it’s trending in the not available at ADs direction. Of course there will always be exceptions in the US given how much territory there is with only a few boutiques.
Old 21 November 2017, 01:23 AM   #104
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It’s a crap shoot. ADs use to get 5-6 a year and then last year it went down to 1-2. As far as the future, nobody knows but it’s trending in the not available at ADs direction. Of course there will always be exceptions in the US given how much territory there is with only a few boutiques.
This is consistent with what my local AD has told me. They used to get more 15202sand 15400 blue dials, and now, they only get 1 or 2 a year, and that's even considering that there is no boutique and only 2 ADs in the entire country.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2017, 03:32 AM   #105
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthehill View Post
As I now understand, around 750 pieces per annum

Is that number for all case materials?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 06:58 AM   #106
slayers
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15202st 116610ln
First post :D

Just put a deposit on a 15202, no previous ownership of AP. Wish me luck :D
slayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 09:24 AM   #107
nnicot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayers View Post

Good luck!!!
nnicot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 11:51 AM   #108
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
I tried on the 15202 in YG with the champagne dial at the AP boutique in NYC over the weekend. The SA said that even though the YG 15202 isn’t a limited edition, AP isn’t going to make them anymore once they sell out of them. For all intents and purpose, the YG is a limited edition. Anyone else heard something similar?

RG 15202 will always be available though.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 11:55 AM   #109
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Good choice! Currently my favorite watch. Many congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
I tried on the 15202 in YG with the champagne dial at the AP boutique in NYC over the weekend. The SA said that even though the YG 15202 isn’t a limited edition, AP isn’t going to make them anymore once they sell out of them. For all intents and purpose, the YG is a limited edition. Anyone else heard something similar?

RG 15202 will always be available though.
Hmm lol that’s awfully vague isn’t it I guess they are all limited to the amount made

Wouldn’t be abnormal for AP to make something limited and cut production at a certain number after the fact though.
Old 20 December 2017, 01:30 PM   #110
mineral
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Hope you get yours soon. Keep us posted

Old 20 December 2017, 02:39 PM   #111
T3F
"TRF" Member

I managed to find a 15400 blue dial in stock at the Bal Harbor boutique and bought it immediately with no purchase history. This was shocking to me, as I called the LA boutique minutes prior and they wouldn't even put me on a waitlist, while the NY one said 6-12 months minimum. I doubt they have another one in stock, but for those interested, this store is probably your best chance of getting one as quickly as possible.
T3F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 02:50 PM   #112
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:

Wouldn’t be abnormal for AP to make something limited and cut production at a certain number after the fact though.
Probably what AP is doing with their YG 15202 variants. Produce like 200 blue and maybe 100 champagne and then call it a day after that.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 10:48 PM   #113
MrBenF
"TRF" Member

Speaking of blue dials, do you see this supply/demand will extend to the 15450? I find the 37mm fits me best and am weighing up between the white and blue dials. The blue carries a relative premium since I’ve been offered 15% discount for the white. Such first world problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MrBenF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 10:58 PM   #114
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBenF View Post
Speaking of blue dials, do you see this supply/demand will extend to the 15450? I find the 37mm fits me best and am weighing up between the white and blue dials. The blue carries a relative premium since I’ve been offered 15% discount for the white. Such first world problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
nope. readily available in London and my AD has the blue and silver in the window. Not a 15400 to be found though. Im guessing that isnt an anomaly specific to this market. Cant speak to discount, but they are the easiest to find blue dial RO as the blue 15400 is a boutique exclusive as is the 15202 in most places.
Old 21 December 2017, 12:32 AM   #115
Tay821
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3F View Post
I managed to find a 15400 blue dial in stock at the Bal Harbor boutique and bought it immediately with no purchase history. This was shocking to me, as I called the LA boutique minutes prior and they wouldn't even put me on a waitlist, while the NY one said 6-12 months minimum. I doubt they have another one in stock, but for those interested, this store is probably your best chance of getting one as quickly as possible.
I put a deposit down in NYC boutique in July and still dont have one.
Tay821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2017, 01:05 AM   #116
hillcrestboy2002
"TRF" Member

Quote:
nope. readily available in London and my AD has the blue and silver in the window. Not a 15400 to be found though. Im guessing that isnt an anomaly specific to this market. Cant speak to discount, but they are the easiest to find blue dial RO as the blue 15400 is a boutique exclusive as is the 15202 in most places.
Hi could you give me a hint as to which AD has the blue in the window in London please? Many thanks.
hillcrestboy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2017, 02:45 AM   #117
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillcrestboy2002 View Post
Hi could you give me a hint as to which AD has the blue in the window in London please? Many thanks.
wempe did last week. I was just there this afternoon though and they only had the diamond bezel blue 37mm still They are not too hard to find though, might have to wait until after the holidays though as sales have picked up in London at least the past couple of weeks with the holiday purchases.
Old 21 December 2017, 05:17 AM   #118
MrBenF
"TRF" Member

The 2 local ADs I visited both insists that 15450 SS blue dials are boutique only pieces. I contacted a few boutiques (in Asia) to check availability and the first 3 I called had no stock. Thanks for clarifying.

MrBenF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2017, 08:31 AM   #119
hillcrestboy2002
"TRF" Member

Quote:
wempe did last week. I was just there this afternoon though and they only had the diamond bezel blue 37mm still They are not too hard to find though, might have to wait until after the holidays though as sales have picked up in London at least the past couple of weeks with the holiday purchases.
Thanks for the reply. They told me about 18 months ago they no longer got any blue stainless steel pieces but perhaps that has been relaxed slightly since Marcus moved out of Bond Street. There was chat on another thread a few months ago that the old Marcus site might have been acquired by AP but new signage outside that location suggests a jeweller has taken over the lease.
hillcrestboy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2017, 08:43 AM   #120
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillcrestboy2002 View Post
Thanks for the reply. They told me about 18 months ago they no longer got any blue stainless steel pieces but perhaps that has been relaxed slightly since Marcus moved out of Bond Street. There was chat on another thread a few months ago that the old Marcus site might have been acquired by AP but new signage outside that location suggests a jeweller has taken over the lease.
AP decided to use the service center as their retail operation and call it a lounge, so no boutique for us. Since AP took over distribution themselves from Marcus in the UK supply to AD's has actually gotten tighter with the popular pieces. The 15450 is a great watch but due to the size it tends to be more widely available.

Call the Lounge (APSC) they can probably get it for you pretty quickly or give you a pretty good estimate of time if you dont want to wait for an AD to get one. It located at Brooks Mews. Its hard to find because its in an alley but its a block or two from Wempe.

You are referring to the 37mm right? If you are talking 39mm or 41 in blue that is correct no AD's get those. AP Lounge is the only option.