The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 12 October 2013, 04:03 AM   #1
007Sub
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5514
Fake 1675

A lot looks wrong on this... namely the dial... say it was refinished dialll but the rolex writing and the cornet look off.... not to mention the 24hr hand and the bezel...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROLEX-GMT-MA...item43c04f7b43

@true_patina
@true.dome
007Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2013, 04:09 AM   #2
cajunron
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster PO
Yeah, the 24 hour hand looks like it was dipped in a bucket of white paint!
Old 12 October 2013, 06:23 AM   #3
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Apart from what's already mentioned end pieces are fake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 21 October 2013, 12:23 PM   #4
bncapass
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
The tell all are the crown guards. The 1675 cartel reps do not get these right. This appears to be a genuine case. They also do not make clone 1560 70\75 movements. They do however make a scarry 3135 clone movement. This movement also has the correct D stamping and notice how it fills the case without clamps. Rep dials are another dead give away. On reps, typically, the 5 minute dots and triangle are further inward. Correct hand stack for a 1675 which the GMT 24 hour hand should be below the hour hand. The 16750 and up changed to sandwich the 24 hour GMT hand between the hour and minute hand. This also appears to be a correct dial. Just an ameture attempt at reluming.
bncapass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2013, 01:10 PM   #5
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
The watch is 100% genuine. The dial is a service replacement dial and is the luminova version with the tritium markings. I say luminova version based on how much it glows and the white color of the markers.

The bezel insert is genuine, and is not an aftermarket insert. It does not exhibit any qualities of the aftermarket inserts that I have seen in the past.

The 24-hour hand was poorly refinished for whatever reason. The 455B end links, like Dave mentioned, are counterfeit - that is an end link number for two-tone end links. 99% of the buyers of Rolex would not know these end links are counterfeit so personally, I wouldn't hold that against the seller.

By the way, the owner is a member here on the forum. Nothing glaringly wrong with this watch except for the 24-hour hand which is a very inexpensive fix, and a pair of end links. Lastly, many like the replacement dials so they can read the watch at night.

Someone got a great deal on this watch at $3650. Sell the dial for $300, buy an original dial and hands for $1200 and a set of end links for $150 and you have $4700 in the watch!!! Not bad for an old GMT 1675.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote