The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 May 2017, 11:00 AM   #1
tvlaan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126719BLRO
Dealer in Calgary, Canada?

Making a trip to Calgary from the US next month and may pick up a piece at one of the 3 ADs. Just checking to see if anyone has any experience or recommendations.

Thanks!
tvlaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2017, 12:09 PM   #2
KDS777
Banned

Watch: 16618LB
What do you want ? I'll go and find out what it's going to cost me........check availability.......and then you can use that price as a benchmark to make your decision.

I live here and know guys in all 3 ADS.

Personally my choice is to go and see Bryn @ J Vair Anderson.......which is where I have bought 4 pieces this year. The other 2 stores are big time corporate (Birks owns Brinkhaus) and more suited to the retail first time buyer. JVA is more of a family run boutique experience.

They are all within about 4 blocks of each other.
KDS777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2017, 12:19 PM   #3
Sjmoore11
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Exp II - old & new
I can recommend J Vair Anderson. Bought my first Rolex (Exp 2) from them in March 2015 and got a decent discount. Also had some recent help: I bought a 1655 and the bracelet screws were a bit stripped and a couple were really stuck. Took it in to them for help and they got the bracelet adjusted and replaced the bad screws...for no charge! Their selection wasn't the best last time I was in (seems pretty common in Canada these days) but it's definitely worth checking them out.
I've also had a good experience browsing at Brinkhaus but haven't actually bought anything there.
Sjmoore11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2017, 12:25 PM   #4
denmanproject
"TRF" Member

I'm pretty close with all 3, they're all good but can vary in inventory

Since your visiting, Birks has the edge of being in The Core (a mall) with lots of other shopping, the other 2 are walking distance away so you could hit all 3 in an afternoon

Have fun!
denmanproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2017, 01:52 PM   #5
crawlspacestefan
"TRF" Member

I've had great service at all 3, but got the best discount at Brinkhaus.
crawlspacestefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2017, 02:19 PM   #6
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
i've bought from JVair and Brink. both are equally good for pricing, service and overall experience.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2017, 02:46 PM   #7
ju5t1nb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
Can't go wrong with any of the listed 3. I've purchased at all of them and they all have outstanding customer service! Brinkhaus has always gone over and above for me and it's been my go to for while now. Jim @ Brinkhaus and Bryn @ JVA
ju5t1nb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2017, 07:49 PM   #8
pol3259
"TRF" Member

I concur with the above....have purchased at all three....I deal with Jim at Brinkhaus, Bryn at J Vair and Seth at Birks. Whether it's of interest or makes a difference, Birks and Brinkhaus have 0% interest payment plans for their pieces.
pol3259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2017, 09:58 PM   #9
tvlaan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126719BLRO
Thanks for the replies and recommendations. Looks like i'll try to get to J Vair Anderson first, then the others if i have time before driving out to Banff.

I'm not sure what model i want yet, but was thinking of either a new Datejust 41 (if they have stock) or a SubC No Date.

I guess i'll just have to see what they have when i'm there - and to see if the price would be still be competitive when i factor in tax and duties...
tvlaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2017, 10:39 PM   #10
KDS777
Banned

Watch: 16618LB
There is a lot of both in all 3 stores.........you should have no problem finding what you want.

And Seth @ Birks is a good guy as well. His manager is still living in 2005 though when it comes to discounts. JVA has the best pricing by far.........at present anyways.

And while you have to pay 5% tax here you can get that back after you leave the country. You need to file some forms to do so.
KDS777 is offline   Reply With Quote