The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 November 2020, 09:57 PM   #1
escobar144
Banned

Watch: Submariner/DJ 41
Rolex Explorer Availability

Hello Everyone!

I am currently located in the Los Angeles area. For those of you that are local to the area, do you know roughly how long the wait is for a Rolex Explorer? I have purchase history with 2 ADs in the area, however they are bigger ADs with customers who probably have spent way more money than me. For those who have purchased an Explorer1 brand new, how long did you wait?

Thank you
escobar144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2020, 11:33 PM   #2
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar144 View Post
Hello Everyone!

I am currently located in the Los Angeles area. For those of you that are local to the area, do you know roughly how long the wait is for a Rolex Explorer? I have purchase history with 2 ADs in the area, however they are bigger ADs with customers who probably have spent way more money than me. For those who have purchased an Explorer1 brand new, how long did you wait?

Thank you

I purchased one in October from an AD I have made one purchase with previously in Miami. Was offered the watch when I visited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 12:39 AM   #3
Stonerolex
"TRF" Member

I am currently in the same boat as well waiting on an explorer 1 as well with prior sales history. My AD said they are hard to come by right now and has no idea when they will be getting one
Stonerolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 01:39 AM   #4
SteveStroud
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1,
5 months in the UK with no prior with the AD, but I did call in or email every five weeks or so and I think I built up a respectful relationship.
SteveStroud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 01:49 AM   #5
Atone
"TRF" Member

Watch: TinTin!
I decided I didn’t want to “burn” an AD call with an explorer. You can do just fine on grey market and wait for a more exciting call.
Atone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 02:31 AM   #6
rtalk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710T
I think the big boutique will take care of you. I ordered one from the Rolex boutique in nyc and got one a few months later. I had minuscule purchase history.

Oddly enough big boutiques in LA are now small in the sense that COVID is keeping all the oversees clients at home. So I think it’s a little easier to get pieces that would have been bundled in “on the spot” deals otherwise.

116519 Grey dial Oysterflex Daytona. 116500 Black. 116710BLNR. 16710T. Rolex Explorer I 39MM. 4 digit DateJust. JLC Master Control with Sector Dial. Omega FOIS. Grand Seiko Four Seasons (Spring Version). Tudor Royal. IWC Cal 83 (~1940s). 41MM sub. Omega CK859.
rtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 02:45 AM   #7
C0d
Banned

Watch: Dog
Some people have been waiting months for those. Someone from Chicago recently posted that they have been waiting forever.

ADs I spoke to in Vancouver, said they haven't seen any come by in months, not sure what's happening with them.
C0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 03:05 AM   #8
Heady Topper
Banned

Waited 5 months for mine

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Heady Topper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 03:11 AM   #9
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Just a hunch (pure speculation)... but I say the X1 is nearing the end and will vanish just as the OP39 did earlier this year.
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 03:36 AM   #10
Brny11
"TRF" Member

About a month for me. Just picked it up 3 weeks ago!

Brny11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 03:43 AM   #11
massie8250
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060, 124270
There have been a few posts on this recently, AD's stating they haven't seen then in while, I strongly suspect we are seeing the last few trickle through prior to an updated model being released, but no one knows really.

Maybe all production efforts were put into producing enough news subs, reducing Explorer numbers.
massie8250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 03:48 AM   #12
C0d
Banned

Watch: Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by massie8250 View Post
There have been a few posts on this recently, AD's stating they haven't seen then in while, I strongly suspect we are seeing the last few trickle through prior to an updated model being released, but no one knows really.

Maybe all production efforts were put into producing enough news subs, reducing Explorer numbers.
Hard to argue against that considering how Submariners have been pouring in lately and wait times don't seem terrible if you have history with AD.
C0d is offline   Reply With Quote