The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 July 2018, 04:45 AM   #361
Mr.Jack
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Tudor Black Bay 58

I attended a Tudor event briefly last evening at Shreve in SF. There were a few Tudor USA sales and brand reps and they brought the model pieces from Baselworld. I spoke to a few reps (Luke and Mike are amazing guys!) and they let me know that ADs should be getting a trickle starting in late August/late September depending on the AD. Also was told that it's going to be a trickle in the beginning and that the reason they're being a bit slow state side is so they can properly get a sense of demand from global sales so they by November/December the waitlists will all be fulfilled and pieces will be in stock at most ADs. Seems like they aren't taking the big brother approach to inventory here

Below are some pics. I'm only interested in the leather, so apologies for only having pictures of that next to my 114060.

114060 on for comparison

Mind, I have ~6.5inch wrists. Note again, that this group of models were the Baselworld watches and have been traveling for a bit. You can see the leather is starting to get a little lighter in some spots and a bit darker in some. Looks good after being handled for a few months
Mr.Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2018, 04:46 AM   #362
Mr.Jack
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Little shout out to Ari at Shreve for the invite and for the lovely conversation I had with her yesterday! Actually pretty impressed with the clasp on the leather too. The ball bearing clasp felt pretty good, though I wasn't too big a fan of the TUDOR on the fold over clasp.
Mr.Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 01:37 PM   #363
Texasjim
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ...this!
This will be my first Tudor. Deposit made, and #1 on the list from my local AD for the 58. Have a great relationship with these folks, and they are telling me August. Went with the leather strap and deployment clasp for my 8” wrist. Have plenty of modern and vintage Subs and SD’s on bracelets if I’m feeling the need of steel.

It is my opinion that Tudor is playing to the “tool watch” folks who’s first instinct is to go standard Rolex Sub/GMT/Exp. My dealer is telling me they are seeing their Rolex regulars now inquiring about Tudor. This all may be a strategy set out by both Rolex and Tudor. This 58 reminds me of a mid 80’s quality Sub made to look like a 6538. I dig....and can’t wait.

Cheers!
Old 21 July 2018, 01:49 PM   #364
jfo2010
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasjim View Post
This will be my first Tudor. Deposit made, and #1 on the list from my local AD for the 58. Have a great relationship with these folks, and they are telling me August. Went with the leather strap and deployment clasp for my 8” wrist. Have plenty of modern and vintage Subs and SD’s on bracelets if I’m feeling the need of steel.

It is my opinion that Tudor is playing to the “tool watch” folks who’s first instinct is to go standard Rolex Sub/GMT/Exp. My dealer is telling me they are seeing their Rolex regulars now inquiring about Tudor. This all may be a strategy set out by both Rolex and Tudor. This 58 reminds me of a mid 80’s quality Sub made to look like a 6538. I dig....and can’t wait.

Cheers!

Yeah with a bracelet that doesn’t feel like a tin can!!
jfo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 06:45 PM   #365
Robbyman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Pepsi/Sub
I know this not really correct but it looks like one of those £300 brand attempts to make a modern version of a vintage Rolex. Aka Steinhart.

The Tudor is better that Steinhart for sure and very well priced. It will be popular, a great watch and I can totally understand why somebody would buy one.

For me, I’ll stick with Rolex.
Robbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 08:12 PM   #366
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbyman View Post
I know this not really correct but it looks like one of those £300 brand attempts to make a modern version of a vintage Rolex. Aka Steinhart.

The Tudor is better that Steinhart for sure and very well priced. It will be popular, a great watch and I can totally understand why somebody would buy one.

You seem to be quite busy on various threads bagging Tudor! Obviously you have no time for them and that is your right but when your posts start reading like a troll...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
watchmavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2018, 09:57 PM   #367
Coop13
Banned

Watch: SBGW231, SRP777
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmavan View Post
You seem to be quite busy on various threads bagging Tudor! Obviously you have no time for them and that is your right but when your posts start reading like a troll...

I don’t feel like he’s bagging Tudor. Just giving his opinion. Besides he can post what he wants.
Coop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2018, 01:20 PM   #368
dubins930
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:

Ya Rolex is the best watches in the UNIVERSE!!!!!!! Nothing even compares ever!!!
dubins930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2018, 03:50 PM   #369
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubins930 View Post
Ya Rolex is the best watches in the UNIVERSE!!!!!!! Nothing even compares ever!!!

Kind of reminds me what my mother used to say...
If you've not got something nice to say, don't bother saying it!

Old 22 July 2018, 04:25 PM   #370
misterpeanut
"TRF" Member

Generally, I find that those that bash Tudors know less about watches and are mostly posers concerned with impressing others with their watches rather than true watch enthusiasts. Tudors are a totally different watch in a separate segment, offering a different style philosophy from the big brother but with a similar manufacturing philosophy. The Toyota to Lexus comparison is apt, but someone saying the Totoya is similar to a Yugo is just uninformed and has zero credibility.

Everyone can post opinions though. But you know the old saying: opinions are like rear ends...everyone has one, and most of them stink!
misterpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2018, 05:40 PM   #371
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I think you need to spend more time with Tudor watches, your way off the mark.

I’ve seen Steinhart watches and they aren’t a patch on tudor.

I’m a huge Rolex fan but I prefer the black bay & B.B. fifty-eight over a black sub-c for example. I prefer the Tudor gmt over the new Rolex gmt (but perhaps not the 16750)

Some of the brushwork and finishing on the Tudor lugs is incredible. Pearlescent almost.

We can all like what we like, I happen to think Tudor are releasing more interesting watches than Rolex at the moment. I’ll still buy from both brands, I just don’t get why it has to be Rolex only.
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2018, 06:03 PM   #372
Oscarpapa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpeanut View Post
Generally, I find that those that bash Tudors know less about watches and are mostly posers concerned with impressing others with their watches rather than true watch enthusiasts. Tudors are a totally different watch in a separate segment, offering a different style philosophy from the big brother but with a similar manufacturing philosophy. The Toyota to Lexus comparison is apt, but someone saying the Totoya is similar to a Yugo is just uninformed and has zero credibility.

Everyone can post opinions though. But you know the old saying: opinions are like rear ends...everyone has one, and most of them stink!
Good post and points.

Last edited by Oscarpapa; 22 July 2018 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: Omission
Oscarpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2018, 06:07 PM   #373
Oscarpapa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp1000 View Post

I’ve seen Steinhart watches and they aren’t a patch on tudor.

I’m a huge Rolex fan but I prefer the black bay & B.B. fifty-eight over a black sub-c for example. I prefer the Tudor gmt over the new Rolex gmt (but perhaps not the 16750)

Some of the brushwork and finishing on the Tudor lugs is incredible. Pearlescent almost.

We can all like what we like, I happen to think Tudor are releasing more interesting watches than Rolex at the moment. I’ll still buy from both brands, I just don’t get why it has to be Rolex only.
Again, good post and points.
Old 23 July 2018, 06:26 AM   #374
Coopdog
"TRF" Member

I feel similarly, if you disregard the brand name and just judge these watches on their merits, the Tudor is not much lower quality than the Rolex, for a 3rd of the price, and the design is more interesting, even if somewhat polarizing. Trashing Tudor shows you don’t know much. They are arguably the best value in Swiss sports watches. You don’t have to like them. That’s personal opinion, but they are quite well made and robust, with a good movement from a very good manufacturer for 1/3 the cost of similar equipment with a Rolex sticker on it.
Coopdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 07:21 AM   #375
desmoboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
My Tudor Fifty Eight is equal to any SS Rolex, both in quality and looks.. it is just lovely!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Q78A3957xcrop(best).jpg (155.2 KB, 1249 views)
desmoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 08:24 AM   #376
Finslayer83
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lci3ijH-sOM

Great short video posted in the past week.

helped seal the deal - deposit going down this week.
Finslayer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 08:33 AM   #377
Sub King
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmoboy View Post
My Tudor Fifty Eight is equal to any SS Rolex, both in quality and looks.. it is just lovely!
Wow, what a stunning pic! Tudor really hit a home run with this watch.
Sub King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 08:45 AM   #378
Likestheshiny
"TRF" Member

Quote:
He... literally described that Tudors are quite nice in his post that you quoted. Are you so sensitive about your own preferences that someone who acknowledges Tudor's quality but still doesn't care for it is "way off the mark"?
Likestheshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 09:49 AM   #379
Locust
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:

Tudor is Rolex. You know that right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 09:52 AM   #380
hitman23
"TRF" Member

BB-58 looks mighty nice. Still don't like the rivet bracelets they are using though.
hitman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2018, 01:21 PM   #381
HauteHorlogerie
Banned

Watch: 519LN | 64A
BB58 is so perfect in so many ways. The touches of gold are stunning.
HauteHorlogerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2018, 10:01 AM   #382
onij
"TRF" Member

Oh well just got word from US AD east coast.
Per Tudor rep end of Aug.
onij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2018, 10:02 AM   #383
Tan
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5320G
Love this watch and size!
Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2018, 02:05 PM   #384
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Just dropped in to AD to order the cloth strap. Have had the 58 for a week now. While I was in the AD I had a good look at the 41's. Looking at them now they are massive watches. Lovin the

Old 24 July 2018, 03:31 PM   #385
Oscarpapa
"TRF" Member

Great photo of the 58.
Old 25 July 2018, 02:53 PM   #386
ThePoorUniStudent
"TRF" Member

Even better with the Yarra in the background ;)

Which AD did you go through?
ThePoorUniStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2018, 03:44 PM   #387
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePoorUniStudent View Post
Even better with the Yarra in the background ;)

Which AD did you go through?

Kennedy. Great service and treatment.

Old 28 July 2018, 09:45 PM   #388
aurenas
"TRF" Member

Today i visited AD in Oslo. They said waiting list for bb58 on bracelet its +-8 months and for strap version +-1 month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instagram watchauren
aurenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2018, 10:24 PM   #389
Mephist
"TRF" Member

The last several years Tudor have really outdone themselves. I love the Fifty Eight and it would fit my wrist perfectly. I just wish they would put date on more of their Black Bay diver models other then the steel and gold models, because I do not like gold I want steel only.
Old 31 July 2018, 07:13 AM   #390
Finslayer83
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600
Daily bump.

Let’s hope this proper size carries over to the pelagos!
Finslayer83 is offline   Reply With Quote