The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 April 2020, 09:42 PM   #1
webble1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Newbies....there's more than the General Discussion section

I recently had a thread moved to another section.

It was only then that I realised that my bookmark, being to the 'General Discussion' section, was leading me to only read this particular section.

Having realised my stupidity I'm finding so much more information/reviews/technical data etc.

I urge you, if you haven't done so already, to go look at the whole site to get a more rounded idea of what's available to you.

Stay Safe.
webble1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2020, 11:42 PM   #2
zewill
"TRF" Member

What? Other posts than 'scratched my Rolex?' And 5year wait time for sub'?

I'm flabbergasted :)
zewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2020, 12:11 AM   #3
mfserge
Banned

Watch: YM40 Rhodium
Where’s the ‘what’s the value of my Rolex’ sub-section?
mfserge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2020, 12:24 AM   #4
RobotDoctor
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Keep in mind that General Discussion board offers a new member a method of blending in with the community with a bit of ease. After some time hopefully new members will contribute something substantive to the site. It may be possible that many new members are intimidated by the knowledge that established members have here. It may be that the new member is oblivious and posts for their own needs. However, there is a common thread that drew every one of us here to the site. That's an appreciation and love for Rolex. Granted, the 'I scratched my watch' or 'how much is the XXXX worth' or 'Is this watch real' may not contribute much to the board but it might be a growing pain that a new member has before they build their Rolex knowledge. Of course searching for these answers would best suit any new member, myself included. I came in knowing things pertaining to Submariners, GMTs and Datejusts. I spent a little more than a year searching and reading before I started to post. I found A LOT of answers to questions I had. I hope to add substantive content to the forum while continuing to learn more. I also frequent the General Discussion board as a means of idle banter with members here. Each board on this forum has its purpose. I can only hope for some patience from established members when I post on threads as I am trying to interject some knowledge, or perceived knowledge I have gained or my experiences. If my information isn't quite accurate I hope to have someone point out my fallacy and learn. Maybe other new members will take this path as well.
RobotDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2020, 12:33 AM   #5
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
a whole new world.
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2020, 12:36 AM   #6
Marcjvr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Also keep in mind that this is just a forum about shiny watches and some members on here are extremely touchy/grouchy lately.

Ignore the grumpy and rude replies. They forget there is more to life than Rolexes
Marcjvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2020, 12:40 AM   #7
RobotDoctor
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcjvr View Post
Also keep in mind that this is just a forum about shiny watches and some members on here are extremely touchy/grouchy lately.

Ignore the grumpy and rude replies. They forget there is more to life than Rolexes
Maybe. I've seen this scenario on several internet bulletin boards I belong to. Older, established members and new members. Much is the same regarding to post content. On a golf site I belong to some of the long time members grouse about the new members. Some of the new members come in either unaware or they come in brash thinking they know everything. Some do know quite a bit but they lack social graces and ram their opinion down the throats of everyone on the site. Maybe that is the cause of some long time members angst with the new members.

You're absolutely right, there is more to life than Rolexes. At least for many of us there is.
RobotDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote