The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 January 2017, 02:14 PM   #61
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
I've bought several watches from DavidSW and steered friends toward him as well. You won't be getting a fake, and you'll save hundreds if not thousands. A friend of mine just recently bought a platinum Daytona from him - that's a $60K watch. If he can trust him on that, you can swing a $8000 purchase without worry.

Otherwise, go down to Philly and buy one there, have them mail the box with your old Seiko in it back to you to save on sales tax.
I am that friend. I've been on this site since August after putting my name on the list for a SS Daytona. I recently decided to try to find the right platinum Daytona and knew of DavidSW's reputation. He found me the watch I wanted (2 months old, all links, boxes, cards, etc.). I had a number of emails with him when he was looking for the right watch for me, then talked to him for five minutes and wired him the money the next day. I never even saw pictures of the watch I was getting, as he didn't have it yet. The watch came the following week, perfect in every way. On that watch, there was a lot to be saved versus a new one from an AD. Best AD price I found locally was $15,000 higher. It's awkward wiring money to someone you don't know. What if he chooses now to skip to Belize? But it was all fine, as I expected, and the watch was everything I hoped it would be.

In your case, there is not much discount to be had buying from a trusted seller, unless perhaps you find one used. Given your concern, I'd just buy it locally from an AD who can perhaps ship it to an out of state address and save you the tax. Or buy it from the RI AD and save the tax. If and when you buy another watch, after having been here for longer, perhaps you will feel comfortable with the wiring of money to someone you don't know approach. But for the BLNR, there isn't enough savings to warrant the stress. IMO.
Old 13 December 2017, 04:55 AM   #62
ocN55
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanosan34 View Post
I got a BLNR from an AD in Los Angeles for 7950 last month. It was my first visit and first purchase there. I'm not sure why they gave me such a great discount, but my wife was with me and she hit it off with the sales lady and asked about potential discounts for cash and that we were out of state. They also sent a box to my address in AZ to make it officially an out-of-state purchase to avoid sales tax.

One important note: we are korean and the sales lady didn't seem to speak any english so not sure if this will help anyone on TRF... but feel free to PM me for the sales lady's name and number.
Sorry for the old bump but would love to get in touch with the AD in LA!
Not sure if my PM went through to you so I figured I bump you here too.
ocN55 is offline   Reply With Quote