The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 13 December 2017, 10:31 PM   #1
AndyS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Explorer link, Recommendations

Had my new Explorer sized and link adjustment done by local watch / jewelry store and they botched the link screw (rough and a bit sharp) as well as the link is now stiff and not moving as it should. The closest AD is a day trip and with the holidays there’s no time. The watch fits perfectly now but when I️ run my finger along the bracelet it’s rough at that spot and that doesn’t bode well with me. So, I️ want it fixed like new with smooth screw heads and a link that moves freely. Anyone have a recommendation as to who I️ could send it to to fix it that could do a quick turnaround? I️ don’t think it’s a big issue at all for someone that knows what they’re doing. I️ also have read that each link screw is sized for the individual link and that you can’t just use any link screw as it were. So TRF, what would you do and who would you send it to? Like I️ said the closest AD is a whole day pretty much over and back and I’m not 100% convinced they could make it 100% for me anyhow...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AndyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2017, 11:38 PM   #2
You
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platinum Daytona
You're in VA? Northern VA? Try the places at Tysons they can surely fix it for you.
You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2017, 11:41 PM   #3
AndyS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
You're in VA? Northern VA? Try the places at Tysons they can surely fix it for you.

Yes in Va, Shenandoah Valley. I was debating sending to Rik at time care but that might be overkill, I want it done right. Factory new if you will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13 December 2017, 11:49 PM   #4
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
It sounds like they managed to accomplish two things: mangle the screw head and get loctite all over the inside of the link. You're right, both are gross.

But...the good news is that it's an easy fix. Get it to the closest AD that has someone competent on staff and you're looking at a 15 minute job. Tops.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2017, 12:39 AM   #5
AndyS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post
It sounds like they managed to accomplish two things: mangle the screw head and get loctite all over the inside of the link. You're right, both are gross.

But...the good news is that it's an easy fix. Get it to the closest AD that has someone competent on staff and you're looking at a 15 minute job. Tops.

So about the individual screws for the links..are they indeed sized for that particular link? Or are they universal on the bracelet. Yes I figured the loctite was the culprit and I’m sure they were using a jackhammer or something similar. So an AD can fix me right up to factory standards? The fit is perfect I just need some cleanup and a caring touch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk