The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 December 2020, 07:42 PM   #31
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
I would get it sorted out. First, it's the right thing to do. Second, your invoice for the 126200 doesn't match the 126234 you received by mistake. This means you have no proof of purchase of the 126234, so traceability goes out the window.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 07:47 PM   #32
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
I'm the CEO of Cost--. Someone should be knocking on your door right about now.
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 07:58 PM   #33
kans86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadweller View Post
I would get it sorted out. First, it's the right thing to do. Second, your invoice for the 126200 doesn't match the 126234 you received by mistake. This means you have no proof of purchase of the 126234, so traceability goes out the window.
This. For peace of mind.
kans86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 08:23 PM   #34
Stevie..C
"TRF" Member

Reverse Roles: What if someone paid you slightly less for a watch that you advertised, would you accept this?
I'm sure you'd want the buyer to correct this, so as for this case, I hope the seller will appreciate your callback and maybe they might throw in a small thank you freebie for your honesty.
Stevie..C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 08:47 PM   #35
boner1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorA View Post
Someone ordered a 126234 and will be getting a 126200........ I would contact them and correct that mistake!

this
boner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 09:46 PM   #36
THC
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
Too bad it wasn’t a Platona
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 10:02 PM   #37
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
You have made contact and made them aware of the situation. If they contact you back and you like the watch then work a deal to keep it. If you never hear from them again you have a new watch that you like. I will not chase people that made a mistake that costs them money beyond notification and resolution should they follow through. I would keep the watch either way.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 10:04 PM   #38
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

The OP already said he contacted the seller, so let’s wait to hear what they say.
BillA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 10:07 PM   #39
Bluside
2024 Pledge Member

Still waiting for a picture.
Bluside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 10:46 PM   #40
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Very strange. So many unusual buying situations these days. Last year ran into an authorized dealer for all the high end brands except Rolex but they were selling brand new in the box with papers grey market Rolexes at grey prices?!
Old 1 December 2020, 11:01 PM   #41
Tikandtokalot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor BB41 M79540
I thought that enthusiasts at this level would have a better moral compass.
Do the right thing Karma will get you.
Tikandtokalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 11:27 PM   #42
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
I guarantee they'll want it back. Why wouldn't they. It's all about the money isn't it..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 11:50 PM   #43
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluside View Post
Still waiting for a picture.

OP won’t be providing one until it’s sorted out, and only if he keeps it, per post #13...

This could get confusing inside the customer service center. They’ll likely believe they sent the right product - either by accident or by mistaken listing.

In the broader context, if the OP is happy with the watch he got, then he has done the right thing via notice to the seller. No need to pursue it further unless seller responds.

As for sending it back, I’d be leery that the next mistake could be made by the shipper, or the seller’s RMA dept., or the credit dept. or the seller’s management team. Make sure the seller sends a pre-paid return shipping label, use it, double box the return, photograph your handiwork plus photo’s at the UPS or FedEx counter where you want a printed acceptance receipt.

Also, before a return, open a dispute with the CC company before sending it. “Received wrong item” dispute would be fitting. This way, in any contingency mentioned above, you have standing for any future arbitration.

Advance notice carries some weight if the watch gets lost or the seller claims you damaged the item before returning it.

Just my 2¢

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 05:52 AM   #44
Cgill1982
"TRF" Member

Let’s hoe it works out either way you get what you want !
Cgill1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 06:07 AM   #45
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
OP won’t be providing one until it’s sorted out, and only if he keeps it, per post #13...

This could get confusing inside the customer service center. They’ll likely believe they sent the right product - either by accident or by mistaken listing.

In the broader context, if the OP is happy with the watch he got, then he has done the right thing via notice to the seller. No need to pursue it further unless seller responds.

As for sending it back, I’d be leery that the next mistake could be made by the shipper, or the seller’s RMA dept., or the credit dept. or the seller’s management team. Make sure the seller sends a pre-paid return shipping label, use it, double box the return, photograph your handiwork plus photo’s at the UPS or FedEx counter where you want a printed acceptance receipt.

Also, before a return, open a dispute with the CC company before sending it. “Received wrong item” dispute would be fitting. This way, in any contingency mentioned above, you have standing for any future arbitration.

Advance notice carries some weight if the watch gets lost or the seller claims you damaged the item before returning it.

Just my 2¢

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Or just take it to your local Costco lol.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 06:15 AM   #46
chippie
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 43
Whatever the outcome both watches involved in the mixup need to have correct paperwork going forward.
chippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 06:19 AM   #47
chippie
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 43
If the other watch with you're papers gets stolen and you put yours into Rolex it will flag as stolen.
chippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 07:21 AM   #48
SAlNlDllvllAlNl
"TRF" Member

If you wanted to keep the "wrong" watch you should've just kept your mouth shut and just posted here with "Incoming". Now you have to do the right thing otherwise you'll be a scumbag. Should've just been a scumbag to yourself lol.
SAlNlDllvllAlNl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 07:50 AM   #49
Casey VP-26
"TRF" Member

If you like it keep it and if the charge is higher and you agree to pay any differences, do so only after you have received all the correct paperwork for the watch you are keeping.
If the watch is to be exchanged all additional expenses must be on them. Good Luck.
Casey VP-26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 07:59 AM   #50
S’portEye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAlNlDllvllAlNl View Post
If you wanted to keep the "wrong" watch you should've just kept your mouth shut and just posted here with "Incoming". Now you have to do the right thing otherwise you'll be a scumbag. Should've just been a scumbag to yourself lol.
I hate to say it, but this ^^^
S’portEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 07:59 AM   #51
Watchflair

Watch: 116500 116518LN
I still believe in a handshake (pre-Covid of course lol) and your word meaning something - do the right thing.
Old 2 December 2020, 09:56 AM   #52
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
Quote:
Originally Posted by MILGAUSS88 View Post
Having gotten many wrong papers when buying used Rolex watches, here is what I think happened.

The original AD put the watch in the wrong box with wrong papers. A lot of AD's really do not pay close attention to that. When It made its way to Costco, or wherever you bought it, it got grouped with the other 126200's.
As far as they are concerned it is a 126200. They do not know the difference in models.
In their inventory, it is a 126200. If you send it back it will still be put with the other 126200's again.

I would just leave it alone, if you like it.
I Agree with the comment above. You don't want to have paper work, cards, hang tags or purchase receipts with a different serial number. That would cause issues for warranty work, or resale.
Old 2 December 2020, 10:00 AM   #53
Rolxism
"TRF" Member

How do you guys know that his good karma didn't get him the watch in the first place. Sending it back could be a slap in Karma face. Do you want to risk that?
Rolxism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 10:01 AM   #54
Rolxism
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rado63 View Post
I Agree with the comment above. You don't want to have paper work, cards, hang tags or purchase receipts with a different serial number. That would cause issues for warranty work, or resale.
Not true any AD can send it in to get authenticated and will receive new paperwork.
Rolxism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 10:04 AM   #55
Runfar
"TRF" Member

must agree youll feel better doing the right thing regardless
Runfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 01:08 PM   #56
morg.k24
Banned

I really think you should give them a call about it regardless.
morg.k24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 01:34 PM   #57
Laszlo

Watch: Date & No Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadweller View Post
So does resale if he ever wanted to sell the watch. Since nothing matches you’d have to sell just the watch and box and yes I’d be a hit for sure and would take forever to sell.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 01:38 PM   #58
Laszlo

Watch: Date & No Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
Or just take it to your local Costco lol.

Yup 10 minute drive would pretty much sort this out.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 02:07 AM   #59
Mags01
"TRF" Member

I hope everything works out to your advantage :)
Mags01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 04:23 AM   #60
the dark knight
2024 Pledge Member

Thank you!

Just by way of a quick update. I spoke with someone a bit "higher" in the chain, but there's still no resolution. They asked me what I'd like to do, and I said ideally I keep the watch but I would need some kind of documentation or confirmation from them that they screwed up and sent me the wrong watch but that this is the watch they will warranty going forward.

I also pointed out whether I could return it even if I wanted to right now as from their end I'd be returning a watch that does not match what they "sent" me in their system. They said that's a good point and asked if I could wait until they investigate further before making any final decisions (whether keeping it or returning it), and I said that's fine.

So I'm still in limbo, they told me someone should be contacting me by the end of the week to follow-up.
the dark knight is offline   Reply With Quote