The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 December 2020, 12:09 PM   #1
motelchronicles
"TRF" Member

ADs in Southern Ontario - extremely slow receiving 2020 releases

Not sure about the state of availability in the other provinces or in the States, but around here, I can say with certainty that the five authorized dealers I've kept in close contact with since early September have been extremely slow in receiving the new models. The watch I'm interested in is not even a steel professional model, just a 36mm in a specific color. Out of the five dealers only two have received the Oyster Perpetuals in 36mm and 41mm, albeit very few. One got the yellow in 41mm, while the other received a yellow and a black in 36mm (saw the yellow in the case when I was there in person). The other three dealers have received nothing, but to my surprise one actually got the new Submariner, and of course it sold immediately.

At the beginning of the year I was planning on using the roughly $ 8,000 for multiple vacations in the States and was definitely not planning on buying any watch at all. But of course with the virus situation they were put on hold and then Rolex drops a new model I'm very interested in getting so I wouldn't mind using the cash for that. Fast forward to now and it's so unbelievably slow getting product that I'm actually betting the international borders will open before the watch arrives. This is getting ridiculous.
motelchronicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 01:40 PM   #2
Soarer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner LV
Especially now it is year-end, it will be even slower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1 December 2020, 02:27 PM   #3
teck21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay 58
‘Just a 36mm (oyster perpetual) in a specific color’.

I would not use the word ‘just’ when talking about getting an OP36. It’s not a diamond encrusted DJ where ‘just’ would be a fairly appropriate term to use when talking about obtaining one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
teck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 02:37 PM   #4
loftycomfort
"TRF" Member

I hear ya. I’ve visited four ADs in GTA since the province reopened in June/July, and there were no steel anything to be seen in the display cases. So I felt extremely fortunate that Raffi Yorkdale delivered for me when I asked for a yellow OP36 (shout out to my rep Betty). Six week wait, picked it up at beginning of November.

Now that GTA is back in lockdown, who knows what the watch retail scene will be like.
loftycomfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 08:40 PM   #5
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by motelchronicles View Post
Not sure about the state of availability in the other provinces or in the States, but around here, I can say with certainty that the five authorized dealers I've kept in close contact with since early September have been extremely slow in receiving the new models. The watch I'm interested in is not even a steel professional model, just a 36mm in a specific color. Out of the five dealers only two have received the Oyster Perpetuals in 36mm and 41mm, albeit very few. One got the yellow in 41mm, while the other received a yellow and a black in 36mm (saw the yellow in the case when I was there in person). The other three dealers have received nothing, but to my surprise one actually got the new Submariner, and of course it sold immediately.

At the beginning of the year I was planning on using the roughly $ 8,000 for multiple vacations in the States and was definitely not planning on buying any watch at all. But of course with the virus situation they were put on hold and then Rolex drops a new model I'm very interested in getting so I wouldn't mind using the cash for that. Fast forward to now and it's so unbelievably slow getting product that I'm actually betting the international borders will open before the watch arrives. This is getting ridiculous.

Sounds familiar, my local AD have been very slow in receiving Rolex watches in general

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 02:50 AM   #6
zoomx2
"TRF" Member

I told my AD get me a OP41 yellow dial, no idea how long it takes. Buying a Rolex now and 15 years ago totally different story in Canada.
zoomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 02:55 AM   #7
asrah
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
Yeah , some ADs they still haven't seen some of the new dial colors. I am not sure how the gray dealer are getting all these watched maybe from US
asrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 03:01 AM   #8
Marcjvr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by asrah View Post
Yeah , some ADs they still haven't seen some of the new dial colors. I am not sure how the gray dealer are getting all these watched maybe from US
That’s what a local AD told me on Sunday. They said they haven’t seen a new OP yet and apparently will get some q1 2021
Marcjvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 03:03 AM   #9
Jimmy66
"TRF" Member

There will be an influx of coloured dial OPs after Christmas. My AD said that Rolex is going to be sending lots of them out at the start of the year.
Jimmy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 03:47 AM   #10
nosignalbmwdriver
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Skydwelli
Don't buy a Rolex in Canada
nosignalbmwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 04:38 AM   #11
C0d
Banned

Watch: Dog
Canada is not a big market for watches or sports cars for that matter. While there are enthusiasts and have large clubs etc, when it comes to certain luxury good we are far and behind.

I was looking at C24, I dont think there is a new 12 series Submariner that's brand new and available for sale at a local grey dealer.

I believe there are less than 100 Omega available on C24 (most of them are downright broken or vintage). Same goes for Rolex. Even Belgium and Australia have 4x way more listings than Canada.

Screenshot 2020-12-01 104149.jpg
C0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 06:35 AM   #12
draycunningham13
"TRF" Member

Going to see my AD this week regarding a gift for the wife, but when I talked to him last week regarding the new OP models, he told me it's been bizarre. They've received every color in the 41 mm, but they have only seen one 36 come in and that was in turquoise. No 34s have come in either. It's been all 41s. I'm personally waiting on a silver dial 36 OP and it's been frustrating to say the least. Both local ADs that I know have had silver in 41 come in, but I can't do the size. Honestly just hoping it comes in sometime in January
draycunningham13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 06:53 AM   #13
Zippo
"TRF" Member

I picked up my Kermit a couple weeks ago, I’m in TO.
Zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 06:55 AM   #14
draycunningham13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
I picked up my Kermit a couple weeks ago, I’m in TO.
Even in the US, it's been pretty odd. Out of the few ADs I've talked to, there really hasn't been an issue getting subs or the new 41 OPs. The watches that seem to be extremely slow are 34-36 OPs. At least from my experience. I've talked with four ADs total, and out of all four of them, one has received a single OP 36
draycunningham13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 10:07 AM   #15
Chloe&Harley
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Milgauss white
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosignalbmwdriver View Post
Don't buy a Rolex in Canada
Can I ask why ?
Chloe&Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 10:55 AM   #16
RolexOBGYN
"TRF" Member

I personally know 5 people who have acquired the new 12 series submariners from authorized dealers in the greater Toronto area. I’m sure they’ve received and sold more than they are leading you to believe.
RolexOBGYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 11:30 AM   #17
motelchronicles
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftycomfort View Post
I hear ya. I’ve visited four ADs in GTA since the province reopened in June/July, and there were no steel anything to be seen in the display cases. So I felt extremely fortunate that Raffi Yorkdale delivered for me when I asked for a yellow OP36 (shout out to my rep Betty). Six week wait, picked it up at beginning of November.

Now that GTA is back in lockdown, who knows what the watch retail scene will be like.
Oh yes, the yellow one looked amazing. Could have bought it the day I was at Square One; I was told they got it last night. For now will keep waiting.
Old 2 December 2020, 11:32 AM   #18
motelchronicles
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy66 View Post
There will be an influx of coloured dial OPs after Christmas. My AD said that Rolex is going to be sending lots of them out at the start of the year.
Good to know. This watch is not a Christmas gift so I wouldn't mind getting it in Jan-Feb, but definitely don't want to wait months on end.
Old 2 December 2020, 11:36 AM   #19
motelchronicles
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexOBGYN View Post
I personally know 5 people who have acquired the new 12 series submariners from authorized dealers in the greater Toronto area. I’m sure they’ve received and sold more than they are leading you to believe.
When I made recent calls to the Authorized Dealers (mid November) and after discussing about the availability of the model I want (126000) I did shift the conversation and was curious if they've gotten any of the new Submariners, and yes, most of them have received them.