The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 11 December 2019, 03:52 AM   #31
mariopepper
"TRF" Member

It depends on the type of investment. Big difference
mariopepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2019, 04:06 AM   #32
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by royerlich View Post
Hey, im 17 yr and i work as a cqa (content quality assurance) in a high tech company. I opened this thread because im sure alot of the people on this forums know how to handle their money and i wanted advice on how to invest my money / use it to make more money. Im talking of about 2,300 usd a month (i know its not much to work with but i dont really have any expenses so you guys tell me what can i do). Im not expecting to roll in cash but anything is welcomed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I am really impressed by your attitude, great for a 17 year old. Putting your money into large international companies that have a good track record and pay dividends seems like a good idea to me.

Or you could try real estate, could pay off if you make the right choices.
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2019, 04:13 AM   #33
mbalmz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

if I were you I'd put the same amount of money into a low cost S&P500 fund every month, rain or shine. re-invest the dividends and don't worry about what's happening with the market or the inevitable recession.
___

instagram: @brooklynwatchguy
mbalmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2019, 05:25 AM   #34
gabrielnovar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbalmz View Post
if I were you I'd put the same amount of money into a low cost S&P500 fund every month, rain or shine. re-invest the dividends and don't worry about what's happening with the market or the inevitable recession.
I don't think we can see another recession again. All they have to do it just erase student loans/keep rates low, erase any CC debt and everyone will have more money to buy stocks and cars and retail stuff.

Recessions were what my father/grandfather had because they didn't know about debt forgiveness.
gabrielnovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2019, 05:51 AM   #35
mbalmz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielnovar View Post
I don't think we can see another recession again. All they have to do it just erase student loans/keep rates low, erase any CC debt and everyone will have more money to buy stocks and cars and retail stuff.

Recessions were what my father/grandfather had because they didn't know about debt forgiveness.

not really. recessions actually happen pretty often... this was the first full decade in american history without a recession.

there's always another coming at some point, some just worse than others.
___

instagram: @brooklynwatchguy
mbalmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2019, 05:57 AM   #36
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:

Wrong on so many levels
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2019, 08:50 AM   #37
Letsgodiving
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy63 View Post
My 18 year old just joined the USAF. I advised him to take advantage of a Roth IRA and make the maximum contributions which is $6000 for 2019 and 2020.

I also pointed him to the Boglehead forums.

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/index.php

edit: I see you're in Israel so the Roth IRA won't apply.

Randy
If you become a Boglehead at 17/18 you are almost guaranteed to be financially successful. Nothing exciting but it's a solid path.
Old 11 December 2019, 09:10 AM   #38
Blah114aa
Banned

Watch: Iphone
Buy an etf like qqq or mastercard stock. Lam research , apple, amazon. Don’t sell it or panic. Dividen re invest ..

Your question is like asking Neil Peart how to play drums.. not making light of it. I’m saying there’s no substitute for discipline in investing. None of us knows but I know the more I sell and trade.. the more I lose. I buy and hold. Repeat.
Blah114aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2019, 12:06 PM   #39
np2016
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek, AP,
Have you family open a custodial investing account and put the money in an s&p 500 index fund or hire someone to manage the money. Your never to young to invest and learn about making money. I was 15 asking my father who was heavily invested to buy me stocks over bday gifts, Christmas gifts, etc.
np2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2019, 12:45 PM   #40
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Or you millennials could pay your debts like Americans have for 200 years.

Quote:

locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote