The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 21 December 2023, 04:33 AM   #31
Gnhm3
"TRF" Member

For anyone reading or considering purchasing I can say as the OP and after 4 years of owning the watch, I have no regrets at all. That also includes if it depreciated at a higher rate that it has. The watch is so unique, light to wear and special.

I am curious to hear if they are releasing a new model though!
Gnhm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 05:05 AM   #32
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

It's a good looking watch, but you can find this all day at $8k used. Search harder, and you can find better deals.

The good thing about ceramic is that unless it's chipped, the cases are pretty pristine from a scratch or marking perspective.

The movement is also old-school other then the laser ablation decoration. So I wouldn't worry so much about that either.

But unfortunately, Omega in general, and Speedmasters in particular, rarely if ever keep their retail value or go higher. There is almost always a significant drop.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 06:07 AM   #33
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
1) This is a watch that must be purchsed pre-owned @ substantial discount.

2) It is a watch you MUST love 100% because it might prove very difficult to move on from in any capacity.

3) If resale is anywhere in the mix regrading your purchase decision, PASS. Expect there to be VERY POOR resale.

They have made way too many iterations of these and that dilutes the line. In time this will get lost in the shuffle and thus the market will decline in interest...
Agreed. With the exception of the Ed White, Omega will not be an investment brand in any way. But if you love the watch (as I do most Omega's, buy it and enjoy)
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 07:11 AM   #34
raclaims
"TRF" Member

Yes there will be a new version...no idea what it will look like tho.

That said, I love this one...the bumblebee theme really works for me plus all the cool moon stuff and open parts, etc...add black ceramic and to me it's a bargain....COSC doesn't matter to me really...but I know Omega is all about that stuff.

I got the new racing bumblebee themed watch too and it's great as well - I don't see ever selling the apollo 8...it's super cool and unique
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote