The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 24 September 2021, 11:48 AM   #1
EagleBear
2024 Pledge Member

BLRO 3 months later…

Update…
Well it’s been 3 months with the Oyster bracelet and I just picked up my Jubilee today and had it put on so I didn’t have to mess with it. I wanted to do a quick update just let those that are waiting know I had to contact Rolex headquarters myself to make it happen. Sometimes waiting isn’t enough so I made the call. I was given instructions on how to proceed and 4 weeks later it arrived and it’s on ;)
It is a different watch without a doubt. The jubilee is much more airy and feels so much lighter on the wrist almost like you’re not wearing a watch compared to the weight and feel of the oyster bracelet you know it’s there. It is very elegant and and I will keep it on for the same amount of time I had the oyster on and see how I feel at the end of the three months.
Here are a few pictures…
Cheers

EagleBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2021, 04:27 AM   #2
EagleBear
2024 Pledge Member

Look and feel so different man what a difference a simple bracelet change makes…
Old 28 September 2021, 07:29 AM   #3
jamesnye14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660, 16030, 6285
That is awesome! Didn't realize Rolex even gave us the official opportunity to get both bracelets. I'd love to hear more about who you reached out to at Rolex to make this happen!
jamesnye14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2021, 09:07 AM   #4
EagleBear
2024 Pledge Member

@jamesnye14
I explained it in the post here.
I contacted Rolex headquarters
to get the truth about whether or not they are selling the bracelets and what kind of time frame we are looking at. They confirmed that yes there are two ways of doing it.
1. Send them the watch and they will install the bracelet and send it back along with the original or …
2. Got to your AD after you talk to headquarters of course with directions on how to proceed having your AD order for you.
Do you have headquarters # ?
Old 28 September 2021, 03:13 PM   #5
Sub Capt.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBear View Post
@jamesnye14
I explained it in the post here.
I contacted Rolex headquarters
to get the truth about whether or not they are selling the bracelets and what kind of time frame we are looking at. They confirmed that yes there are two ways of doing it.
1. Send them the watch and they will install the bracelet and send it back along with the original or …
2. Got to your AD after you talk to headquarters of course with directions on how to proceed having your AD order for you.
Do you have headquarters # ?
Can you give the number out? Thanks
Sub Capt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2021, 09:34 PM   #6
EagleBear
2024 Pledge Member

Old 29 September 2021, 04:28 PM   #7
Sub Capt.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks!
Sub Capt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 06:29 AM   #8
EagleBear
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesnye14 View Post
That is awesome! Didn't realize Rolex even gave us the official opportunity to get both bracelets. I'd love to hear more about who you reached out to at Rolex to make this happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Capt. View Post
Thanks!

I’ve heard that Rolex and the ADs are now telling some callers a few different stories and ultimately turning them down. At the same time other callers have been successful with no resistance.
I was hoping that you guys can share your experiences and outcomes here in the thread.
Cheers
Old 21 October 2021, 07:15 AM   #9
EagleBear
2024 Pledge Member

BLRO 3 months later…

Well I tried to keep the Jubilee on for 3 months … I failed Oyster and the dresses down look is just me. I’m sure the Jubilee will find its way back on at some point but just not right now made it just 4 days shy of a month lol :(

Old 28 October 2021, 01:02 PM   #10
EagleBear
2024 Pledge Member

Well I was changing out the bracelet today and I don’t know why I stopped and picked up the watch after taking off the bracelet I normally just swap them out and done but not today. I thought I’d take a closer look and just see all the engravings between the lugs. Well to my surprise I wasn’t aware that Rolex stopped engraving the serial number between the lugs. When did this happen 2018? Now I’m curious anyone know???
Time for some homework lol

Old 29 October 2021, 03:53 AM   #11
dean_1nza
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Update…
Well it’s been 3 months with the Oyster bracelet and I just picked up my Jubilee today and had it put on so I didn’t have to mess with it. I wanted to do a quick update just let those that are waiting know I had to contact Rolex headquarters myself to make it happen. Sometimes waiting isn’t enough so I made the call. I was given instructions on how to proceed and 4 weeks later it arrived and it’s on ;)
It is a different watch without a doubt. The jubilee is much more airy and feels so much lighter on the wrist almost like you’re not wearing a watch compared to the weight and feel of the oyster bracelet you know it’s there. It is very elegant and and I will keep it on for the same amount of time I had the oyster on and see how I feel at the end of the three months.
Here are a few pictures…
Cheers

if you don't mind me asking, what did they charge you for the jubilee?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
dean_1nza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2021, 04:55 AM   #12
EagleBear
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_1nza View Post
if you don't mind me asking, what did they charge you for the jubilee?

$2100 plus tax of course
Old 29 October 2021, 09:59 PM   #13
dean_1nza
"TRF" Member

Quote:
$2100 plus tax of course
thanks!

dean_1nza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2021, 10:04 PM   #14
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Nice to have both bracelet options for variety.

I’m a big fan of the jubilee for two reasons: comfort and the fact it shows less signs of scratching. I never could stand polished center links, YMMV
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2021, 10:31 PM   #15
EagleBear
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Nice to have both bracelet options for variety.

I’m a big fan of the jubilee for two reasons: comfort and the fact it shows less signs of scratching. I never could stand polished center links, YMMV

Agreed, I’ve had this watch less than 6 months and wear it a couple times a week and can already see the oyster bracelet is showing quite a bit more scratches than the jubilee. To be fair though when I purchased the watch in June it came on the oyster and I didn’t get the jubilee for it until Sept. so for 3 months it was on the oyster. I put the jubilee on when I bought it and I was going to leave it on for 3 months but I missed the weight difference so I put the oyster back on after a month and just swap back and forth now. I don’t pamper my watches I wear them and enjoy them as much as I can but I can’t say for certain because I messed up and didn’t leave it on long enough to be fair.
Old 29 October 2021, 10:39 PM   #16
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Agreed, I’ve had this watch less than 6 months and wear it a couple times a week and can already see the oyster bracelet is showing quite a bit more scratches than the jubilee. To be fair though when I purchased the watch in June it came on the oyster and I didn’t get the jubilee for it until Sept. so for 3 months it was on the oyster. I put the jubilee on when I bought it and I was going to leave it on for 3 months but I missed the weight difference so I put the oyster back on after a month and just swap back and forth now. I don’t pamper my watches I wear them and enjoy them as much as I can but I can’t say for certain because I messed up and didn’t leave it on long enough to be fair.
I think its great to have both

I've always dreamed of buying an oyster and having those centre links brushed ... maybe some day

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 3 December 2021, 03:29 AM   #17
PaulRP
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Cartier
Always good to have options.
PaulRP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2021, 11:31 PM   #18
EagleBear
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRP View Post
Always good to have options.

Agreed I think now what I’d like to do is get a 97200 glidelock clasp and have it polished like the 79200
I’ve seen a few done and really like the ease of the micro adjustments
to really have that perfect fit.
Old 4 December 2021, 12:09 AM   #19
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Agreed I think now what I’d like to do is get a 97200 glidelock clasp and have it polished like the 79200
I’ve seen a few done and really like the ease of the micro adjustments
to really have that perfect fit.
Hopefully one day they’ll add the mini glidelock to the entire professional range
Old 4 December 2021, 12:25 AM   #20
EagleBear
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Hopefully one day they’ll add the mini glidelock to the entire professional range

Yes that would be huge I’m sure they have to know what that would do for the line.
Old 4 December 2021, 06:01 AM   #21
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMPCcoax
Stunning pics, a fabulous watch and just wow. Very lucky man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roddypeepa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2021, 06:11 AM   #22
EagleBear
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddypeepa View Post
Stunning pics, a fabulous watch and just wow. Very lucky man

Thanks Mark lucky indeed I’m still kind of like man I should be wearing it every day right? But I really do love everything about it ;)
Old 23 December 2021, 08:00 AM   #23
smile1016
"TRF" Member

So happy to hear Rolex allowed you to keep the Oyster! I heard that when you order the jubilee, they'll keep the Oyster...which is so wrong.

Glad it wasn't the case with you.
smile1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 08:05 AM   #24
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by smile1016 View Post
So happy to hear Rolex allowed you to keep the Oyster! I heard that when you order the jubilee, they'll keep the Oyster...which is so wrong.

Glad it wasn't the case with you.
This info is incorrect and sounds like a shady AD.

Rolex will not let you go from Jubilee to Oyster easily.
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2021, 11:41 AM   #25
boxed
"TRF" Member

Pepsi looks amazing, enjoy it with good health!
boxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 04:18 AM   #26
44x16
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT/74speedy
It's Hard to say what is a better combo for this watch ? They look great on both giving the chance i don't know what i would go with? My daily is a 16700 on a jubilee and just love that combo. Decisions, decisions.
44x16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2022, 06:59 AM   #27
cireok
"TRF" Member

I just called Rolex HQ NYC and was informed you can only have the option to “trade in” GMT Oyster bracelet for the Jubilee. Not the other way around. Also the rep mention I will not be able to keep both bracelet. I will have to trade in the oyster in order to receive the jubilee bracelet.

Can you confirm which HQ you called? And how you were able to keep both bracelet for the option to change it back and forth?

cireok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2022, 01:14 PM   #28
EagleBear
2024 Pledge Member

I am surprised Rolex HQ has not made a standard procedure for all BLRO/BLNR and SkyDweller owners. I can only speak for myself and my experience with Rolex HQ.
It was a flawless experience with both my AD and HQ. There is nothing negative I can say about my experience other than lack of communication from Rolex to their ADs with anything they are doing. From product launch information to pricing. It seems Rolex keeps them in the dark as much as the consumer. I believe Rolex needs to hold more in service trainings with their ADs and be more transparent with them and us about product and pricing. At times we tend to know more than our ADs when it comes to product and pricing and in my case the availability and ordering process.
Good luck
Old 6 January 2022, 12:13 AM   #29
carlmartin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
I have heard from multiple AD's that the one year lock-up period still applies to buying the oyster (as that option was released early 2021). But since the jubilee option have been available for several years, oyster-gmt owners can order that as an add on.

Hence the only option for a jubilee owner to get the oyster right now is by trading the jub in but that will change in a few months when the oyster gmt have been out more than 12 months.

I don't know the above for a fact but have heard from several sources I have no reason not to trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cireok View Post
I just called Rolex HQ NYC and was informed you can only have the option to “trade in” GMT Oyster bracelet for the Jubilee. Not the other way around. Also the rep mention I will not be able to keep both bracelet. I will have to trade in the oyster in order to receive the jubilee bracelet.

Can you confirm which HQ you called? And how you were able to keep both bracelet for the option to change it back and forth?

carlmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2022, 04:25 PM   #30
carlmartin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Quote:
Well I tried to keep the Jubilee on for 3 months … I failed Oyster and the dresses down look is just me. I’m sure the Jubilee will find its way back on at some point but just not right now made it just 4 days shy of a month lol :(

I have a similar experience. Bought it on oyster in June, switched to jubilee in November with the idea of keeping it on at least three months. However now I find myself missing the oyster every time I put it on (not that it looks or feels bad on any of the bracelets)

carlmartin is offline   Reply With Quote