The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 1 December 2019, 05:06 PM   #61
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Pelican- USB rechargeable lithium ion or Alkaline. White, green, red, and strobe modes.
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2019, 05:08 PM   #62
BigBoy17
"TRF" Member

Buy once, cry once. Surefire is the best. Get a 6p pro or tactical and your good.
BigBoy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2019, 04:20 AM   #63
Headshrinker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day-Date
I think Surefire lights are way over priced, I prefer Klarus brand flashlights, I own several of them.
Headshrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2019, 05:41 AM   #64
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

I have a Fenix AA headlamp, as well as Olight and Zebralight 18650 flashlights. All are great. The UI to change modes is hard to keep straight between the models, but each serves a different use. Have to say I love headlamps for 2 activities, fixing crap in tight spaces and dog poop retrieval when walking the dog in pitch black winter. Having 2 free hands is awesome.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2019, 06:12 AM   #65
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Olight is having there Black Friday, Cyber Monday sale thru today!

Great lights and love the charging system even on weapon light...I have over 1O.

https://www.olightstore.com

I see this thread is almost 9 years old but since it was bumped JTIH.
RobearH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2019, 06:41 AM   #66
cm10005
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Hulk Sub
I use a flashlight everyday at work and it’s amazing how much they have improved over say the last 15+ years. I remember paying around $70 for a Surefire light about 17 years and it was a high end light at the time. Today I still own it but it’s in a drawer at home cause the output is ridiculous compared to today’s LED standards. The two brands I recommend are again Sufefire and Pelican. The Pelican light I had was having switch problems after I dropped it a few times at work. Told them about it and spent about $5 to return it. They fixed it and also sent me a second light free of charge. These two brands will cost you though, I’d say over $100.
cm10005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2019, 11:07 AM   #67
BigBoy17
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headshrinker View Post
I think Surefire lights are way over priced, I prefer Klarus brand flashlights, I own several of them.
Ive used surefire in law enforcement and the military, you dont go cheap when you trust your life to a tool, ive seen all those cheapo brands fail at the worst possible times.

No made in china, taiwan or whatever third world country knockoff lights for me, you purchase a 10k watch and $60,$100 or $200 is overpriced???
Old 4 December 2019, 01:52 AM   #68
Headshrinker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day-Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoy17 View Post
Ive used surefire in law enforcement and the military, you dont go cheap when you trust your life to a tool, ive seen all those cheapo brands fail at the worst possible times.

No made in china, taiwan or whatever third world country knockoff lights for me, you purchase a 10k watch and $60,$100 or $200 is overpriced???
Klarus makes high quality flashlights, my latest model puts out 4000 lumens and I paid about $125. It is hardly a third world knockoff. I would and do trust my life with it as a volunteer EMT.
Headshrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2019, 02:03 AM   #69
Keadog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post
Olight is having there Black Friday, Cyber Monday sale thru today!

Great lights and love the charging system even on weapon light...I have over 1O.

https://www.olightstore.com

I see this thread is almost 9 years old but since it was bumped JTIH.
I have many, many flashlights. Surefire, Maglight, etc., etc. I have an issue for sure. I just bought another one I'll never use at Costco because the price/lumens was so good.

Our go to is the Olight Intimidator II 1000 lumen using 3 rechargeable 18650s. It's a few years old now, so I don't know what their current selection is like since I haven't shopped them for a while, but it has been a reliable workhorse for us. It really lights up the woods.
Keadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2019, 03:16 AM   #70
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

I just bought a Nite Core for my wife to carry in her purse on the recommendations of a cop.

https://www.nitecorestore.com/NITECO...SAAEgIL4vD_BwE

Blindingly high burst output of 1000 lumens from a very small device. As it is easy for her to keep handy, I am sure she will use this if needed.

I have a Streamlight I purchased at Costco a couple of years ago which is nice to keep in the car and take camping, but I really like the rechargeable options out there and also purchased a cheap chinese model from Amazon that boasts of 1600 lumens. We shall see how it holds up as I have the freedom of testing as my life does not depend on my light working.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
JasoninDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 01:14 PM   #71
sam florio
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ II
Surefire
sam florio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2019, 01:35 PM   #72
BigBoy17
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headshrinker View Post
Klarus makes high quality flashlights, my latest model puts out 4000 lumens and I paid about $125. It is hardly a third world knockoff. I would and do trust my life with it as a volunteer EMT.
No disrespect, but volunteer emt and active law enforcement officer and 6 year military combat veteran with multiple third world country deployments are completely different things. Ive seen them all fail, only one stands above the rest. Id take my advice over all else on this forum. go surefire and enjoy
Old 24 February 2020, 05:50 PM   #73
MollyTaylor
Banned

I just buy aa fleshlight for my personal use and i must say its amazing. Very useful for me in night especially. I bought it online.
MollyTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2023, 12:17 PM   #74
tomhank
"TRF" Member

The S1000 is a small, reliable tactical flashlight that I use for camping and other situations. It fits well in my pocket for convenient access and is exceptionally bright for good night vision.
tomhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2023, 12:45 PM   #75
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyTaylor View Post
I just buy aa fleshlight for my personal use and i must say its amazing. Very useful for me in night especially. I bought it online.
Just AA?. That's the smallest size available
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2023, 12:54 PM   #76
Dr. Robert
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 1655
Another vote for Maglite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 November 2023, 07:51 PM   #77
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

This is quite an old thread, so, just for reference:

The Nitecore EK4 is an impressive, robust and compact piece of kit for less than £80.
With an advertised max 4400 lumen and a useful 5 output levels and 3 'special modes'- Strobe/SOS/Beacon. All accessible 'one handed'.
It comes with a rechargeable 21700 Li-ion battery.
Highly recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg th-3011828364.jpeg (21.9 KB, 61 views)
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2023, 09:46 PM   #78
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
I've had a Thru Nite for a good number of years now. Besides many of the technical things like Lumens and how far the light can be thrown if that is the correct terminology my preference are not only for a rechargeable but one which you can easily recharge the battery outside the device thus always having another battery ready to switch out. I imagine one can pretty much achieve that with a USB rechargeable although that wasn't even present when I got my last flashlight. That and at the time I spent a good bit of time making sure it was waterproof and durable and it also appeared to be good at that. Anyway since it has lasted me probably almost eight years with no signs of giving up the ghost I didn't do to bad. I was just amazed how much light I could get from something relatively much smaller.

I recently purchased a headlamp which I have found very useful and at the time I chose a Fenix Headlamp HP30R. The appealing part besides being so bright was that it separated battery on the back of the head from the headlamp on the front. For something that was going to be a bit heavier do to the battery requirements the design was very appealing being that it would be better balanced. Fenix seem to also be overbuilt and I like that. I think if I were to need another flashlight Fenix would certainly be something I would strongly consider next time. For the most part EDC flashlights pretty much meet my needs. However since the Thru Nite flashlight doesn't seem to want to give up the ghost I may not need anything else for a good long time.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2023, 12:28 AM   #79
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
I've been very happy with this model and have had the Batsignal option come in handy on more than one occasion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flashlight.jpg (85.5 KB, 51 views)
Old 17 November 2023, 11:19 AM   #80
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPaul View Post
I've been very happy with this model and have had the Batsignal option come in handy on more than one occasion.
Love it