The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 22 November 2019, 05:56 PM   #1
VacherObsessive
"TRF" Member

Chrono24 - Shipping your sold Rolex in the UK fully insured, best company?

I actually asked this question a couple of weeks ago and had the answer, now I need to actually ship I went to see the thread and the mods for some reason have deleted the thread!

Please can those from the UK post their preferred shipping company again. I thought it was DHL but then their quote is far higher than the one specified by everyone on this board that I checked at the time. my memory is not what it used to be

many thanks guys
VacherObsessive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2019, 06:09 PM   #2
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by VacherObsessive View Post
I actually asked this question a couple of weeks ago and had the answer, now I need to actually ship I went to see the thread and the mods for some reason have deleted the thread!

Please can those from the UK post their preferred shipping company again. I thought it was DHL but then their quote is far higher than the one specified by everyone on this board that I checked at the time. my memory is not what it used to be

many thanks guys

I’ve sent sold Rolexes through Royal Mail Special Delivery. You declare the value and pay the additional amount due for the relevant level of insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2019, 06:19 PM   #3
Oaker1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
I’ve sent sold Rolexes through Royal Mail Special Delivery. You declare the value and pay the additional amount due for the relevant level of insurance.

I think the maximum insurance for Royal Mail Special Delivery is only £2500.00?
Oaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2019, 06:21 PM   #4
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Maybe things have changed then. Royal Mail also offer a door to door driver service, this used to be priced quite sensibly although I haven’t used it for a few years.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2019, 06:38 PM   #5
VacherObsessive
"TRF" Member

I've checked Royal Mail and it is only up to £2500 and is £35. so price is sort of in line

DHL is coming out about £90 total for £5000. but I know there was one that everyone here posted a few weeks ago that was £65 that allowed you to adjust the value and it tweaked the total cost automatically. thought it was UPS but I don't recognise their website and it doesn't say if its insured or not although the price seems right.

don't know why the mods deleted the old thread with this useful info !!
Old 22 November 2019, 06:42 PM   #6
alexbaileyshc
"TRF" Member

I have had trouble with Royal Mail on the past, where they have a no watch policy on the insured options.
This may have been more an issue with the post office staff! Not alway the most helpful.

I have always used DHL plenty of easy drop off locations at Ryman’s etc. Never had any trouble over the last few times. Also if you sign up for account with Ryman’s you get 10% off.

AB
alexbaileyshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2019, 07:59 PM   #7
botsy
"TRF" Member

I always use RM special within a few hundred of the max of £2500 but dhl will insure higher or you could do a meet up with buyer to be safer but always ask for them to bring photo ID and proof of address.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
botsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2019, 09:28 AM   #8
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Chrono24 - Shipping your sold Rolex in the UK fully insured, best company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VacherObsessive View Post

Nobody deleted the thread - it’s still there. But nobody replied that I can see...

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=705462

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2019, 08:28 AM   #9
VacherObsessive
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Nobody deleted the thread - it’s still there. But nobody replied that I can see...

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=705462

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I posted the thread twice, once in the forum that you linked to - which has no replies (which the mods left as it is...) and one in this forum, which had about 20 replies, which the mods kindly deleted for no reason (perhaps because it was a duplicate, but they should have deleted the empty one!)

got a quote from DHL to ship from UK to Poland fully insured EXP2 for £4700 and they want £130. ouch. will make it a tough sale