The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 22 January 2019, 05:18 AM   #1
BigBoy17
"TRF" Member

Your favorite Designer...Suits, Shirts, Shoes Thread

Something from my favorite....
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 316ECD68-D448-4341-B9A8-AC6B0D4A4861.jpeg (265.2 KB, 743 views)
BigBoy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 05:47 AM   #2
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
I think most designer stuff nowadays is garbage and ostentatious.
But I do like my Canali, Caruso and Corneliani suits

Class over style every day

P.S. Brioni is in a league of its own, nicely done
Old 22 January 2019, 05:54 AM   #3
Goin2drt
Banned

I have a friend in the clothing business, nothing to add here. He has shared enough about the industry.

Now shoes are a different story.
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 06:17 AM   #4
.brian.
"TRF" Member

Watch: in Philadelphia

Am I doing it right?
.brian. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 06:23 AM   #5
BigBoy17
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .brian. View Post

Am I doing it right?
If thats your favorite.... then i guess
Old 22 January 2019, 06:44 AM   #6
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
I don’t have a favorite clothing designer. I have trouble getting OTR to fit well, so I’ve had suits and shirts made for me when I travel to visit the in laws in India.

Belts - Equus and Hermes. Ties - Sam Hober. Small accessories LV. Shoes - John Lobb and G&G.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 07:06 AM   #7
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorbaja27 View Post
I think most designer stuff nowadays is garbage and ostentatious.
But I do like my Canali, Caruso and Corneliani suits

Class over style every day

P.S. Brioni is in a league of its own, nicely done
Have to agree..

Although I really don't wear suits that often anymore.
Aside from suits I'm not sure I have A FAVORITE brand
aside from ROLEX on my wrist...

For casual clothing , shoes etc... I have several...
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 07:21 AM   #8
.brian.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoy17 View Post
If thats your favorite.... then i guess
Please please please tell me you wear your Brioni suit while driving the Unimog. That would be epic on so many levels.
Old 22 January 2019, 07:33 AM   #9
BigBoy17
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .brian. View Post
Please please please tell me you wear your Brioni suit while driving the Unimog. That would be epic on so many levels.
.. i would say you know me well
Old 22 January 2019, 07:34 AM   #10
.brian.
"TRF" Member

Awesome
Old 22 January 2019, 07:46 AM   #11
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Brioni and Canali are both great. Tom Ford suits (on discount) are a personal favorite of mine to splurge on.

For shirts I am pretty loyal to Eton. Use to wear a lot of Thomas Pink but stopped buying those a few years ago.

I also wear a lot of stuff from Suit Supply for everyday work suits/blazers. They have a pretty great selection of stuff, especially if you go to one of their B&M stores and do a full made-to-measure suit with custom fabric selection, etc. Totally different category from the brands mentioned above, but I think they are pretty good value for the price-point they sell at (MUCH better than Indochino, who often gets labeled as a direct competitor to them).

For mainstream dress shoes I am a big fan of the classic Gucci Jordaan's. I have wider feet and they are by far the most comfortable "everyday" dress shoe I've come across in nicer department stores. I actually own three pairs (black, dark brown, and lighter brown).
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 08:59 AM   #12
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry The Interest View Post
Brioni and Canali are both great. Tom Ford suits (on discount) are a personal favorite of mine to splurge on.

For shirts I am pretty loyal to Eton. Use to wear a lot of Thomas Pink but stopped buying those a few years ago.

I also wear a lot of stuff from Suit Supply for everyday work suits/blazers. They have a pretty great selection of stuff, especially if you go to one of their B&M stores and do a full made-to-measure suit with custom fabric selection, etc. Totally different category from the brands mentioned above, but I think they are pretty good value for the price-point they sell at (MUCH better than Indochino, who often gets labeled as a direct competitor to them).

For mainstream dress shoes I am a big fan of the classic Gucci Jordaan's. I have wider feet and they are by far the most comfortable "everyday" dress shoe I've come across in nicer department stores. I actually own three pairs (black, dark brown, and lighter brown).
Nicely done

For shoes I tend to like Fratelli Rossetti (though maybe too "italian" for some gents on here). I also use Yoox quite a bit as they give some big discounts once in a while.

For shirts - I just had 5 custom-done by Camiceria Olga in Milan. One can order online as well. For just about $100/each - being Italian made - I think they were a great deal and seem to be of good quality.

I also have a couple of pairs of dress pants from Zanella. Hands down best dress pants I've ever owned. Way too pricey so only get them on sale once a blue moon.
Old 22 January 2019, 09:03 AM   #13
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
The man makes the suit, not the other way around.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 09:05 AM   #14
austinp
"TRF" Member

I like what these guys are doing.
austinp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 10:45 AM   #15
DonBateman
Banned

Watch: I like watch
Clothing is one thing I do not spend a ton of money/time on. As long as you know what size you wear and have style you can look like a million bucks wearing clothing from JC Penny. I like Charles Tyrwhitt shirts.
DonBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 10:51 AM   #16
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I’m not sure if they fall into the Designer category but I love Eton shirts and I have a Diesel jeans coming out the ying yang
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 10:56 AM   #17
august1410
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1983 15003
I'm pretty much an LL Bean kinda guy.
Old 22 January 2019, 11:25 AM   #18
swils8610
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Ralph Lauren Jeans and sport shirts. Ratio clothing MTM dress shirts. Peter Millar golf shirts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 12:17 PM   #19
Star Ferry
Banned

I mostly buy pricey clothes, but take care of them and keep them till they're worn out.

Favorite brands include stone island, kiton (I get the polos online for fraction of retail), sunspel, RRL, RL purple label. for jackets -- Isaia and suitsupply. for shoes -- C&J, Prada, and LV.

similar to watches, you could get the job done for a lot less, but it's partially a hobby/activity for me
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 12:58 PM   #20
Laszlo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Date & No Date
Here in San Francisco it's mostly casual and streetwear. No one EVER wears suits. Kind of a shame, I remember my days in NYC and everyone dressed very well. From suits to streetwear, didn't matter, people really cared about how they dressed and carried themselves.

I work in the technology space and some of us dress nicely and others dress like they just walked off the beach. Just how it is. No one ever measures one up or tries to classify them as doing well or not by what they wear. Some of the most wealthiest people in the city are extremely understated and humble. People here are measured by their skills and their talent. Accomplishments in this space.

Now that we are passed all that, I admit it!!! I'm a complete clothing whore and do not care. I absolutely love fashion. Some of my favorites brands are Prada, Lanvin, Valentino, Dsquared2 (best jeans IMHO), Saint Laurent (2nd best Jeans), AMQ, Dolce & Gabbano, Gucci, Bally, Belstaff (favorite Jackets), A.P.C., Kenzo, Giorgio Armani (for Sport Coats/dinner) and LV only for small leather goods. I love (mostly) each brand from their jeans, sweatshirts, t-shirts, short-sleeve shirts, sweaters, underwear, accessories, to their shoes. I freakin' LOVE shoes! A collection takes time though, I don't have disposable clothing $$$ coming out of my ….

I'm a causal but fashionable dresser and really enjoy looking my best at work and weekends because it makes me feel good. There's only so far an ego can carry a man without one.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 02:39 PM   #21
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
For dress shirts, I go bespoke Hamilton. Shoes I wear John Lobb and Pierre Corthay. I have one bespoke Huntsman suit and currently getting a bespoke Cifonelli suit made. Pants are either Brooks Brothers or SuitSupply custom made.

For casual clothes, I like Gap jeans, Billy Reid polo shirts, Banana Republic chinos, and Onitsuka Tiger shoes.
texasmade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 03:24 PM   #22
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Favorite shoemaker has to either be Edward Green or Gaziano and Girling. John Lobb Classic styles are fabulous but I like the antique finishing from Edward Green and Gaziano and Girling and their Lasts are good fits for me. St Crispins which is another top tier shoemaker that comes to mind on the whole is a bit to flashy for me.

Just a few.

This is a pair of Gaziano & Girling St James II Tan Kudu Vintage Cedar Calf .

Edward Green Galway in Walnut Country Calf and Dark Oak Calf.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 11:41 PM   #23
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Here in San Francisco it's mostly casual and streetwear. No one EVER wears suits. Kind of a shame, I remember my days in NYC and everyone dressed very well. From suits to streetwear, didn't matter, people really cared about how they dressed and carried themselves.

I work in the technology space and some of us dress nicely and others dress like they just walked off the beach. Just how it is. No one ever measures one up or tries to classify them as doing well or not by what they wear. Some of the most wealthiest people in the city are extremely understated and humble. People here are measured by their skills and their talent. Accomplishments in this space.

Now that we are passed all that, I admit it!!! I'm a complete clothing whore and do not care. I absolutely love fashion. Some of my favorites brands are Prada, Lanvin, Valentino, Dsquared2 (best jeans IMHO), Saint Laurent (2nd best Jeans), AMQ, Dolce & Gabbano, Gucci, Bally, Belstaff (favorite Jackets), A.P.C., Kenzo, Giorgio Armani (for Sport Coats/dinner) and LV only for small leather goods. I love (mostly) each brand from their jeans, sweatshirts, t-shirts, short-sleeve shirts, sweaters, underwear, accessories, to their shoes. I freakin' LOVE shoes! A collection takes time though, I don't have disposable clothing $$$ coming out of my ….

I'm a causal but fashionable dresser and really enjoy looking my best at work and weekends because it makes me feel good. There's only so far an ego can carry a man without one.
It's been more than once when, going out in Boston, people have asked me if I'm going to a wedding/formal event...when I'm simply going out for a drink (apparently blazers and shirts are only wedding-appropriate in this part of the world...)
Old 23 January 2019, 12:01 AM   #24
gettocard
Banned

Watch: them come and go..
Patagonia,Eddie Bauer and Gap .

I'm not required to dress up at work but when I occasionally do to make wife happy I feel like I'm walking like a penguin and look forward to slide into my cargos again..

I still have some stuff from Zegna tho,and it's some 20 years old stuff still holding and looking good today. But Zegna's quality 20 years ago was something else..
gettocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2019, 12:13 AM   #25
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
I hadn't bought a new suit in 20 years, and only wear them at weddings and funerals. But it the last year, i finally got a new suit (Canali) and jacket (Zegna) and really love them both.

I used to buy Hickey Freeman suits back in the '90s when I wore them for work. They looked new when I donated them 20 years later.
Old 23 January 2019, 12:43 AM   #26
walds11
"TRF" Member

Here is a list of my favorites:

Banana Republic chinos and dress shirts
Polo RL short sleeve shirts
Double RL denim
Suitsupply suits and dress shirts
The North Face outerwear
Alden Indy boots
Common Projects Suede Chelsea boots
Ferragamo drivers
Brooks Adrenaline GTS running sneakers
Old 23 January 2019, 12:44 AM   #27
Headshrinker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day-Date
I don’t belong on this post, I’m just watching...
Headshrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2019, 12:49 AM   #28
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoy17 View Post
Something from my favorite....
Ok, now I am intrigued. When I saw that you drive a Unimog, I thought that maybe you were a farmer or did some sort of work moving heavy equipment, but that idea went out the window after seeing your Brioni clothes lol. Do you just drive the Unimog for the hell of it?
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2019, 01:00 AM   #29
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

For suits and Jackets Brioni, Oxxford and Kiton. Some older Zegna which I liked a lot before they grew and started offering "levels".
Shoes are Todds, Ferragamo, and some Gucci.
Jeans are Levis, Kiton and Lucky Brand
Dress shirts are Brioni and Kiton.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2019, 01:22 AM   #30
Keadog
"TRF" Member

I like Hermes ties. Have too many.
Can't keep shoes neat - I always scuff them by day 2 so I stick to Allan Edmonds and replace as needed.
Rarely wear suits but a have a couple of (older) Zegnas and some lesser brands.
Ordered 3 Charles Tyrwhitt shirts once and none fit - sleeves different lengths, button holes off. Garbage. Been wearing the (inexpensive) Nordstrom label no iron shirts.
Home is blue jeans and casual shirts, always.
Keadog is offline   Reply With Quote