The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 17 June 2019, 08:17 PM   #31
SearChart
TechXpert

I watched 2minutes and then took a look at both these guys channels. I cannot handle the continuous rambling of these guys, sorry.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2019, 06:52 AM   #32
stockae92
"TRF" Member

Do we have actual vid produced by TGV under Watchtbox's name by now?

I don't follow TGV and I don't go dig up his vid. I only watch him if his comes up with the search.
stockae92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2019, 10:22 AM   #33
Jackumi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LB, 116713LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by blada4life View Post
He has delusions of grandeur. His (alleged) undisclosed business practices and sponsorships are unethical. He also disappeared for several months from YouTube and it was rumored he was suspended for being a content thief and passing it off as his own. He’s just completely fake and full of hot air. I will admit I’ve watched some videos that interest me but it’s also part of viewer support for archieluxury who beefs with him, which is quite comical.

And as objective as I can be I also don’t see why watch box needs him. I get why he needs them, for merchandise to borrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spot On!
Jackumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 07:52 AM   #34
RHJ
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 214270 Mk1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston77 View Post
Honestly, while the comments are funny, I think Tim and TGV will be an interesting complement. They just shouldn't be presented together.
This!
Old 17 September 2019, 10:09 AM   #35
Tommyk
"TRF" Member

I used to watch TGV videos a few years ago. I had a problem with him not staying independent and working with brands. I have a hard time not believing hes not doing paid reviews. For example when he was pushing Lorier watches so hard and then all of a sudden they sell out and hes the first person to review them.
I just have a problem when i see someone who has a personal agenda.

Ive been enjoying the youtube channel Watchfinder & Co.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLa...sa_KUK-DVpdZZA

Another is "JustBlueFish Watch Reviews" . However, a lot of new YouTubers right now are getting caught up in creating content for "rage culture" viewers. And he sometimes makes videos that are exactly that. They literally just do it for views and attention which is so frustrating when all you want as a viewer is to learn something or gain more perspective.
Tommyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2020, 10:03 AM   #36
FearX
"TRF" Member

TGV seems to have been fired from WATCHBOX
FearX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2020, 11:17 AM   #37
Jfo122
Banned

Yeah, Tim Mosso's encyclopedic knowledge of horology is what makes his videos so interesting. I guess Tim (like other watch media outlets) cannot give his real opinion on watches (particularly new releases) for fear of being black balled by the manufacture. They are glorified sales videos, but it's good material when researching a watch.

I don't mind TGV, but I don't watch too many of his videos. I can see how his personality could grate with others.
Jfo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2020, 11:57 AM   #38
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearX View Post
He didn't provide much content...
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2020, 05:44 PM   #39
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearX View Post
I don’t think TGV was fired. After one year, WB decided not to renew TGV’s contract. Or so I heard.
Old 10 June 2020, 01:46 AM   #40
Mifune
Banned

frankly, I don't see what TGV brought to the partnership. it's never seemed like it was a great synergy imho.

maybe TGV is good as an independent that delves into things beyond timepieces, i wont know because I don't find him compelling, but there is a base out there... somewhere. Just not with WB.
Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2020, 09:31 AM   #41
RWH
"TRF" Member

good riddance
RWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2020, 04:51 PM   #42
rolehex
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Fan of Tim. Have always enjoyed listening to his reviews. The other guy is just a glorified a youtube "unboxing" personality and not a true watch aficionado.
rolehex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2020, 01:50 AM   #43
usc1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub of course
Tim Mosso is boring because he is not opinionated enough. Unfortunately, because he is selling every watch he reviews I understand but...anyone can read the specs of the watch on the official websites. Add something different to the commentary for once.
usc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2020, 02:05 AM   #44
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
I've enjoyed both channels for a while now, both serving different purposes.
No issues here.
Old 9 July 2020, 03:00 AM   #45
Undefeatable
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorbaja27 View Post
I've enjoyed both channels for a while now, both serving different purposes.
No issues here.
Same here.

TGV was one of the first channels I found, it's an entertaining channel to me. Then again, I will watch videos about watches I barely care about for background noise while I work, and enjoy those for that purpose.

Tim is a wealth of knowledge and use his videos for watches I even have a remote interest in. Yes I agree that every watch on his channel is for sale by the company that employs him, but its still good information.
Undefeatable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2020, 03:35 PM   #46
stockae92
"TRF" Member

I actually has stopped watching most of Tim Mosso's video. I kinda feel too much of him (his opinion) is simply trying to sell me a watch. Everything he said is positive about any watches on his show, and most if not all are "what I (Tim himself) would buy). But of course, that's understandable because selling watches is his full time job. But the same things just repeats too many times and now I feel like I am watching video of a used car salesman.

Don't get me wrong, his knowledge on watches is impressive. But I can only take so much video on watches, most I need to sell my house and start renting in order to buy one. I still watch it from time to time when I ran out of other things to watch.
stockae92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2020, 07:39 AM   #47
Polarexplorerii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570,BLNR,116610
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post
I actually has stopped watching most of Tim Mosso's video. I kinda feel too much of him (his opinion) is simply trying to sell me a watch. Everything he said is positive about any watches on his show, and most if not all are "what I (Tim himself) would buy). But of course, that's understandable because selling watches is his full time job. But the same things just repeats too many times and now I feel like I am watching video of a used car salesman.

Don't get me wrong, his knowledge on watches is impressive. But I can only take so much video on watches, most I need to sell my house and start renting in order to buy one. I still watch it from time to time when I ran out of other things to watch.
i agree
Polarexplorerii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2020, 08:08 AM   #48
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:

True, I unsubscribed from WatchBox because I got tired of the sale pitch.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 11:56 AM   #49
Generation
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ36 & BB58
Quote:
But the same things just repeats too many times and now I feel like I am watching video of a used car salesman.
I feel the same way about all the YouTubers who have a stake in what they are reviewing. Their videos stick to the facts and are little more than glorified press releases. WatchBox is part retail and part publicity outlet. Yet they -- along with others of this type -- make the highest-quality videos online and are less insufferable than the many watch gurus.

Think of it as the dichotomy between news and opinion in a newspaper. I think both types of YouTubers can coexist.
Generation is offline   Reply With Quote