The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 February 2024, 07:46 AM   #1
MDiddy
"TRF" Member

OP Celebration success

I recently saw an OP celebration in the flesh and was blown away by it - super cool ! I've formed a very good relationship with my AD and got some great pieces so far , with no push back on any asks I've had to date.

Just wondering has anyone had any success with an OP celebration ? Are they even harder to get than the usual suspects 'pepsi' Daytonas etc. Do they hold them back for only certain high value customers? Trying to gauge if it's worth me pushing for one , or am I being completely unrealistic !
MDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 07:53 AM   #2
GrailTime
2024 Pledge Member

Rumour has it that the color dials and thus the calibration will be discontinued so hopefully you get one soon.

There are fewer 2024 celebration’s on Chrono than Pepsis, and the Celebration has 3 sizes, so maybe that is an indication of rarity.
GrailTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 07:54 AM   #3
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

It would have been faster and more productive if you had simply asked this AD, with whom you have a great relationship, instead of writing two paragraphs to us, who have no idea what is going on behind closed (AD) doors.
omar-rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 08:06 AM   #4
mrlube1151001
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41 TT sub
I don’t think A.D gets more than one or two pieces.So obviously is reserved for whales.
mrlube1151001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 08:28 AM   #5
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar-rye View Post
It would have been faster and more productive if you had simply asked this AD, with whom you have a great relationship, instead of writing two paragraphs to us, who have no idea what is going on behind closed (AD) doors.
This is spot on
996marty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 08:44 AM   #6
TikTok
"TRF" Member

The 31 seems relatively easy, not so the 36 & 41.
Old 27 February 2024, 08:50 AM   #7
dennispennis
"TRF" Member

I'm down for it but was told it was an 'allocation piece' so don't realistically expect to ever get one
dennispennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 09:04 AM   #8
kkqd1337
"TRF" Member

I don’t personally think it’s a piece worth spending much time, energy or AD credit pursuing.

It’s just a basic OP.
kkqd1337 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 09:05 AM   #9
yankeeromeo
2024 Pledge Member

A guy I know who gets big hitters from his AD can't get the celebration. All the whales want the 41 and they haven't had many at the AD
yankeeromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 09:10 AM   #10
bibbi
"TRF" Member

Got mine in November. 36mm. I have never bought from my AD any other Rolex than a SS one. Nor any jewellery. Just saying…

bibbi
bibbi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 09:25 AM   #11
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
I asked for a Celebration OP41 last April and my SA told me I was the first to ask so he thought he’d be able to get me one easily. By July he said now everyone wanted one. I’m kind of a vip with a little v so there would be a bunch of other mouths to feed first.
At Christmas time he said they got only a handful of the bigger sizes. I checked in with him at the beginning of this month and he said they were not given firm allocation numbers on them as is usual at the start of the year. He knows I want one but can’t really give me any odds or timetable.
Note that I have received BLRO, SS Daytona, and two other OPs just by asking for them. So yes it’s a difficult ask.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 09:28 AM   #12
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
OP Celebration success

I think we all assumed they’d be reserved for Whales when first announced but we have definitely seen some mere mortals acquire them over time.

Not easy by any means, but not in the same league as a Le Mans or Puzzle dial DD, or even a SS Daytona.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jb335 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 09:31 AM   #13
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
I asked for a Celebration OP41 last April and my SA told me I was the first to ask so he thought he’d be able to get me one easily. By July he said now everyone wanted one. I’m kind of a vip with a little v so there would be a bunch of other mouths to feed first.
At Christmas time he said they got only a handful of the bigger sizes. I checked in with him at the beginning of this month and he said they were not given firm allocation numbers on them as is usual at the start of the year. He knows I want one but can’t really give me any odds or timetable.
Note that I have received BLRO, SS Daytona, and two other OPs just by asking for them. So yes it’s a difficult ask.

I think the fact they have already got you several very difficult watches may have put you more to the back now. They may feel they have taken good care of you and need to spread the love around. They’ll come back to you though.

I mean, a steel Daytona and BLRO must be harder to get than a Celebration dial.

With your history, I bet do you get one….unless they get discontinued this year.

jb335 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 11:59 AM   #14
GrailTime
2024 Pledge Member

Honestly, it’s cute, but if this was another watch brand, people on here would say it was a silly, juvenile design.

Not for me. But I’m sure it will be worth a lot in the future.
Old 27 February 2024, 12:01 PM   #15
GrailTime
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar-rye View Post
If this was the rule people had to adhere to, then this forum would have half the posts.
Old 27 February 2024, 12:19 PM   #16
Topspin14m
"TRF" Member

OP Celebration success

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb335 View Post
I think the fact they have already got you several very difficult watches may have put you more to the back now. They may feel they have taken good care of you and need to spread the love around. They’ll come back to you though.

I mean, a steel Daytona and BLRO must be harder to get than a Celebration dial.

With your history, I bet do you get one….unless they get discontinued this year.

Based on what I’ve seen, the 41mm Celebration dial is definitely harder to obtain than a steel Daytona or a BLRO. A 36mm is a bit easier.

Topspin14m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 12:45 PM   #17
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
The 41 is only for the mid-tier elite customers that won’t be receiving a Le Mans allocation.

The watch is awesome, I wore mine yesterday after wearing my Omega SMP all last week and it felt and looked great.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 12:54 PM   #18
the_Hunter
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Wife got a 31mm in Jan, AD didn't offer and I didn't ask for a 41mm for me.... If our awesome SA thoguht she could get me one without it impacting something else I wanted I am sure she would have mentioned it :-)

lots of watches good sum of jewelry purchased from Said AD
Old 27 February 2024, 12:57 PM   #19
Topspin14m
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
The 41 is only for the mid-tier elite customers that won’t be receiving a Le Mans allocation.

The watch is awesome, I wore mine yesterday after wearing my Omega SMP all last week and it felt and looked great.

I mean — I’d place the Celebration owners even higher in many instances because most ADs aren’t receiving even a single Le Mans. I know of one Le Mans sold in my area and it was coupled with ~$500K of jewelry sold that same day—prior history was not a factor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Topspin14m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 01:10 PM   #20
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffs View Post
If this was the rule people had to adhere to, then this forum would have half the posts.
Would that be a good or a bad thing?
omar-rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 07:30 PM   #21
Eric-London
"TRF" Member

I picked one up from my AD in November for my wife's birthday.

She has a decent collection of Rolex, Cartier etc but she hasn't taken the watch off since then. She loves it and is pretty much stuck on her wrist like glue.

I bought the 41mm version as she's not a big fan of tiny watches, also the OP's don't particularly wear big so overall she's extremely happy.

Eric-London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 08:03 PM   #22
santoshlv426
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dunhill DM7
If it were any other brand apart from Rolex, this design would be heavily critized. The Tiffany turquoise is the reason most people get this. When ever I look at it, I either see a lost clutch of ascending helium filled party balloons or a pack of M&M's or a box of Smarties.
A bit like the Moonswatch but still keeping the orignal quality which can't be said for the Moonswatch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard01.jpg (36.3 KB, 1049 views)
santoshlv426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 08:23 PM   #23
bibbi
"TRF" Member

Well the thread is about succedding in getting a Celebration OP (not necessarily about one’s feelings or eating habits - there is a plethora of other threads on these topics).

bibbi
bibbi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 08:28 PM   #24
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Good luck OP, we’ve seen a few recent incomings here as of late
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2024, 12:09 AM   #25
shoppy
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP and daytona
I asked for one and got it under 2 weeks, I only buy pieces I like. Wearing it today and has been my most worn watch since buying.
PP, JLC, VC, Swatch ,Casio, Timex.
shoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2024, 12:37 AM   #26
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Looks great with the camo, going to have to break out my cargo shorts and try the same look.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2024, 02:18 AM   #27
MDiddy
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=shoppy;13167512]I asked for one and got it under 2 weeks, I only buy pieces I like. Wearing it today and has been my most worn watch since buying.

That is awesome ! Love it and looks very cool with the camo combo ! Great to hear you got it without pushback - I've a good purchase history so far but only being buying pieces off this AD for short period so let's see.. I will give it a go and ask and let you know of I'm successful
MDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2024, 07:09 AM   #28
acb5456
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DJ 36 126200
So this happened today!

My dishwasher leaked the other day, called an appliance repair company and they sent out a guy to repair my washer. He kept checking out my watch, DJ 36, and asked about it and knew a lot about the watch and other Rolex's.

Today he had to come back out to repair one more part that was ordered and he wore this! My wife was there and she sent me the photo. I was floored haha didn't get any details on it but, there it is!

Edit: does the dial seem a little darker than usual? At least darker than previous photos I've seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image1.jpeg (261.2 KB, 855 views)
acb5456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2024, 07:56 AM   #29
Al1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: Watch
Quote:
Originally Posted by acb5456 View Post
So this happened today!

My dishwasher leaked the other day, called an appliance repair company and they sent out a guy to repair my washer. He kept checking out my watch, DJ 36, and asked about it and knew a lot about the watch and other Rolex's.

Today he had to come back out to repair one more part that was ordered and he wore this! My wife was there and she sent me the photo. I was floored haha didn't get any details on it but, there it is!

Maybe just the photo quality but something looks off with that dial.

For example the yellow circle barely touches the “L” on the Rolex coronet in mine, whereas in that photo it dwarfs it.

Al1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2024, 08:02 AM   #30
acb5456
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DJ 36 126200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1988 View Post
Maybe just the photo quality but something looks off with that dial.

For example the yellow circle barely touches the “L” on the Rolex coronet in mine, whereas in that photo it dwarfs it.

You're right. I threw a little edit on the bottom of my post sort of questioning the dial color and whatnot. Hmmm.
acb5456 is offline   Reply With Quote