The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 18 October 2023, 07:47 AM   #1
sgtiger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126720VTNR
5226G Fitment: Opinions?

I purchased a 6119G last year and found that the case and lugs simply didn't fit my wrist very well. The lug ends were too straight and flat. My wrist is approx 7.25" -- and from photos it looks fine -- it was just uncomfortable. I much, much prefer lugs that curve to my wrist.

I have an allocation on a 5226G likely approaching -- and my PP dealer is a 6-hour drive. I'd hate to make the drive just to discover that it doesn't fit and wear how I am hoping it will.

Any experience on how the 5226G fits? The lugs do look like they curve more than the 6119G. Has anyone tried both on? Thoughts?

sgtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2023, 08:30 AM   #2
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
I've been wearing my 5226 on my 6.6 in wrist and it fits quite well once the straps break in. It's a beautiful dial and case. The lugs are not that curved ... You're gonna have to try it on unfortunately. I have a 5524g and the lugs are much more curved.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Yobrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2023, 10:49 AM   #3
sgtiger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126720VTNR
Have you tried a 6119g on, or Calatrava with an equivalent style case/lugs? Is it at least better than that?

Patek photos make it look fairly curved... I guess that's my main concern, that photos are deceptive.

sgtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2023, 01:03 PM   #4
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
The 5226 lugs are new, a bit sharper angle , not as smooth, but very unique and interesting. I think it looks great on the wrist. I was used to a smoother angle, like most, but I got used to it in no time.

Yobrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2023, 01:57 PM   #5
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtiger View Post
Have you tried a 6119g on, or Calatrava with an equivalent style case/lugs? Is it at least better than that?

Patek photos make it look fairly curved... I guess that's my main concern, that photos are deceptive.

Compared to your 6119, the 5226 could feel a tiny bit in the right direction.

For one thing, the 6119’s lugs are certainly more elegant. But note where the axis between the springbars bisect the case back. Your pic of the 5226 lugs (albeit less elegant) seems to depict an axis falling at the plane of the case back.

Maybe I’m over analyzing it but only you will know how it feels on your wrist. Other people have flatter wrists or more rounded ones) than yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2023, 03:03 PM   #6
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobrooks View Post
I've been wearing my 5226 on my 6.6 in wrist and it fits quite well once the straps break in. It's a beautiful dial and case. The lugs are not that curved ... You're gonna have to try it on unfortunately. I have a 5524g and the lugs are much more curved.

Concur. This watch rides like a dreamboat on my 7.25 wrist. It’s amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2023, 01:21 AM   #7
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

I had tried on a 6119 and did not like the lugs in terms of fit - too straight.

I just acquired a 5226g and fits much better on my 6.75 inch wrist. The lugs are not super curved but have enough of a downward angle that for me it made a huge difference.

BUT as has been pointed out, at $40k you’re gonna have to make that drive and try it on as all wrists are different sizes/shapes.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote