The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 27 November 2022, 08:26 AM   #1
DD58
"TRF" Member

X-33 worth the cost?

Hey everyone. Having time off from work I always end up looking at watches. Don’t make money have to spend it lol. So I’ve been “needing” a new watch. I wanted something that I could use at work and have decided to go quartz. I run a machine shop and end up on the floor most days. So after killing 2 seikos I have gave up on mechanical movements for there.

I have a love for omega being the first watch I owned was a speedy. I like the new mars but I know it’s most likely not going to be easy to get ahold of.
My other option was a breitling aerospace but I like having a chrono on hand.

How many lovers of the x-33 are out there and any wrist shots on a 7inch by happen stance. Hope everyone ones thanksgiving is going great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DD58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2022, 08:57 AM   #2
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

Too big for my tiny wrist. With quartz my main concern would be the legibility of the display in earthly situations. But love the look of the X-33.
amphr1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2022, 09:53 AM   #3
Deepseadog
Banned

Watch: 126660 279160
I've always wanted to love the X-33, but the water resistance is a deal breaker.
Deepseadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2022, 10:27 AM   #4
GTS Dean
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3570.50
My neighbor was one of the Moonwalkers. As an Omega Ambassador he's always wearing one of the variants of the Moonwatch, but clearly he wears the original X-33 most of all.

I'm in the heavy construction and quarry business and wear chronographs a lot. If I'm expecting to get dirty, I wear my Ti Aerospace. The major shortcomings for my Breitling vs the X-33 is an alarm I can't hear very well, and the raised quater hour indices that hang on clothing all the time. As a tool watch, quartz is great.
Old 27 November 2022, 11:15 AM   #5
DD58
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepseadog View Post
I've always wanted to love the X-33, but the water resistance is a deal breaker.

I just looked at it 3 bar I didn’t know that. Kinda puts a dampener on it. Ugh I mean at least give it 10bar. Thanks for the heads up on that

Old 27 November 2022, 11:20 AM   #6
DD58
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
My neighbor was one of the Moonwalkers. As an Omega Ambassador he's always wearing one of the variants of the Moonwatch, but clearly he wears the original X-33 most of all.

I'm in the heavy construction and quarry business and wear chronographs a lot. If I'm expecting to get dirty, I wear my Ti Aerospace. The major shortcomings for my Breitling vs the X-33 is an alarm I can't hear very well, and the raised quater hour indices that hang on clothing all the time. As a tool watch, quartz is great.

How has the aerospace held up over the years? That’s a tough spot for a watch to live in.

Old 27 November 2022, 12:13 PM   #7
GTS Dean
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3570.50
It's been super reliable and rugged. I lost a pusher off my Daytona years ago and needed an inexpensive chrono while it was off being fixed. I bought the Breitling off eBay for about $600. Worked great for several years, then sent it in for a batt and service. They did a bunch of minor updates and sent it back for about $600. Heck of a lot cheaper than a new one.

All said, I wear my Speedy more than all the rest.
Old 29 November 2022, 02:48 AM   #8
DD58
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
It's been super reliable and rugged. I lost a pusher off my Daytona years ago and needed an inexpensive chrono while it was off being fixed. I bought the Breitling off eBay for about $600. Worked great for several years, then sent it in for a batt and service. They did a bunch of minor updates and sent it back for about $600. Heck of a lot cheaper than a new one.

All said, I wear my Speedy more than all the rest.

Any issues with the x33 and water ingress. Knowing that it’s only 3bar makes me worried.

Old 29 November 2022, 08:15 AM   #9
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
Get the new Solar G Shock Casioak. Sounds like it will suit your purpose perfectly
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2022, 10:08 AM   #10
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Just saw a marstimer in a window at omega boutique yorkdale Toronto. They are out there if you want one.
Old 29 November 2022, 10:22 AM   #11
DD58
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GST15 View Post
Get the new Solar G Shock Casioak. Sounds like it will suit your purpose perfectly

Oh the Bluetooth one?! I still don’t own a smart “watch”. Is a lot cheaper thanks lol

Old 30 November 2022, 09:04 AM   #12
ERH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer II
I have an X33 Skywalker, because I liked it. It gets its share of wrist time. It has the additional benefit of being under the radar if that is needed. Here's a picture during the spring when the Azaleas were in bloom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Azaleas.JPG (197.6 KB, 266 views)
ERH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2022, 02:19 PM   #13
Polar Bear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai PAM687
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD58 View Post
Knowing that it’s only 3bar makes me worried.
Why?
Aren't Die Hard Omega fans always talking about how the lack of WR on the Moonwatch isnt an issue?
Old 3 December 2022, 11:31 PM   #14
DD58
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Why?
Aren't Die Hard Omega fans always talking about how the lack of WR on the Moonwatch isnt an issue?

What happens when my water bladder splits open and surrounds my speedy I don’t think omega will warranty it lmao. So so funny

Old 3 December 2022, 11:32 PM   #15
DD58
"TRF" Member

My AD Is having a holiday party today and I think my sa got a x-33 I for me I can’t wait to see!!!

Old 3 December 2022, 11:33 PM   #16
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Just saw a marstimer in a window at omega boutique yorkdale Toronto. They are out there if you want one.
You snuck into town without calling me

Edit: was just there yesterday
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2022, 10:02 AM   #17
00Seven
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega
The X-33 is a great watch. I’ve worn mine all over the world and recently picked up a second one that was issued to the 171st Airlift Squadron.

The water resistance is the only downside but it’s never been an issue for me. I’ve been caught in torrential rainstorms on hiking trips and the watch has been soaked…never an issue. I wouldn’t swim with it though.
00Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2022, 11:17 AM   #18
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
X-33 worth the cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
You snuck into town without calling me

Edit: was just there yesterday

Last minute hike up to Restoration Hardware. We ended up staying at the new ace hotel downtown which I award the lobby bar an A+ and the room itself a C-. It was good to see Toronto again though. Always good vibes.

Edit: you might like that all the rooms have an acoustic guitar…my wife wasn’t amused with my rendition of smells like teen spirit at 11pm (we getting old).
Old 6 December 2022, 11:36 AM   #19
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Last minute hike up to Restoration Hardware. We ended up staying at the new ace hotel downtown which I award the lobby bar an A+ and the room itself a C-. It was good to see Toronto again though. Always good vibes.

Edit: you might like that all the rooms have an acoustic guitar…my wife wasn’t amused with my rendition of smells like teen spirit at 11pm (we getting old).
thats awesome! We need to start a band

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote