The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 1 December 2022, 03:33 PM   #1981
psm11
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Makes no sense to have an extract but no papers. How does an extract prevent you from registering the watch? Hint- it doesn’t. So a new watch, fully stickered, but no papers reached out to Le Brassus to get an archive extract, all so the person won’t register it???

I was just speculating. But there have been plenty of new APs on moda with no papers listed from trusted dealers. They are all fake or stolen?
Old 1 December 2022, 05:41 PM   #1982
anx21
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Makes no sense to have an extract but no papers. How does an extract prevent you from registering the watch? Hint- it doesn’t. So a new watch, fully stickered, but no papers reached out to Le Brassus to get an archive extract, all so the person won’t register it???
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...8&postcount=15
Old 1 December 2022, 06:48 PM   #1983
Singhalager
Banned

sadly prices in Singapore rock solid too many rich people here
Old 1 December 2022, 08:49 PM   #1984
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singhalager View Post
sadly prices in Singapore rock solid too many rich people here
Don’t worry next year confirm drop further. You will see lesser stock from now till until near to Christmas. Dealers stocking up, trying to create a false sense of low inventory hoping to drive prices up when Christmas comes.

Wait until next year then buy. Good luck!
Old 1 December 2022, 10:40 PM   #1985
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Some of the dealers on MODA are selling BNIB AP at a better price without the QR code tag and the warranty card. They want to protect the sellers (flippers) from blacklist from AP.

The new owner cannot register on AP website without the warranty number on the warranty card. The extract is good for the proof of authenticity only.

If the new owner take that watch to AP service center for any service, the owner probably have to pay for the service even it is still under 5 years warranty period. It is the same as you buy from Grey Market without the warranty from manufacturer.
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
Audemars Piguet: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) Patek Philippe: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
, Seiko: SRPA21,
Old 1 December 2022, 11:26 PM   #1986
BrunoMalik
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello93 View Post
Absolutely spot on. Insanity if you put it into perspective. A 5968 is equivalent in market value to a 3970. And at one point market value of a 5711 olive dial was equivalent to a 5004.

At some point the 5968 steel with that ugly orange rubber strap was trading 50k above the 5270 salmon in platinum. Can you imagine how far that madness had gone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1 December 2022, 11:42 PM   #1987
hello93
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoMalik View Post
At some point the 5968 steel with that ugly orange rubber strap was trading 50k above the 5270 salmon in platinum. Can you imagine how far that madness had gone?

Still being produced, not rare, not complicated, not visually appealing.

Monkey see monkey do
Old 1 December 2022, 11:56 PM   #1988
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by anx21 View Post
Well I did just this directly with my SA in NYC without issue. Key point is the extract.
Old 1 December 2022, 11:57 PM   #1989
SMD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psm11 View Post
I was just speculating. But there have been plenty of new APs on moda with no papers listed from trusted dealers. They are all fake or stolen?
Not what I said. I said a brand new watch with no papers but does include an extract makes no sense.
Old 2 December 2022, 01:19 AM   #1990
Mifune
Banned

Rolex certified preowned...
Old 2 December 2022, 02:01 AM   #1991
BrunoMalik
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello93 View Post
Still being produced, not rare, not complicated, not visually appealing.

Monkey see monkey do

I told everyone to trade in their steel 5711s for 5270Ps while they can in 2021 in another thread here. Thats when the Nautilus was trading just slightly above. Instead of laughing at me, they could have traded in a 30k watch for a 150k watch for free. Wonder if they are laughing now….

Old 2 December 2022, 02:17 AM   #1992
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifune View Post
Rolex certified preowned...
Very interesting news from Geneva. This will no doubt put immense downward pressure on prices when the program is fully ramped up. CPO pieces obviously need to trade lower than their new counterparts.
Old 2 December 2022, 02:22 AM   #1993
Bstewart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
Very interesting news from Geneva. This will no doubt put immense downward pressure on prices when the program is fully ramped up. CPO pieces obviously need to trade lower than their new counterparts.
Unfortunately all signs point to CPO pricing being in line with market and maybe even higher. That's all still speculation so I hope you are right.
Old 2 December 2022, 02:25 AM   #1994
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post
Some of the dealers on MODA are selling BNIB AP at a better price without the QR code tag and the warranty card. They want to protect the sellers (flippers) from blacklist from AP.

The new owner cannot register on AP website without the warranty number on the warranty card. The extract is good for the proof of authenticity only.

If the new owner take that watch to AP service center for any service, the owner probably have to pay for the service even it is still under 5 years warranty period. It is the same as you buy from Grey Market without the warranty from manufacturer.

Can someone elaborate how this works in practice then? Given there's no guarantee that the new buyer would every (say in another year or two) get the warranty card....?

Also, what happens if you bring the watch to AP and it's not under your name / don't have the warranty card? Would AP contact the "old" owner (hence they'd know it's sold) or would they think something else fishy is going on?

Genuinely curious
Old 2 December 2022, 02:25 AM   #1995
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstewart View Post
Unfortunately all signs point to CPO pricing being in line with market and maybe even higher. That's all still speculation so I hope you are right.
It sounds absurd that Bucherer would have a new sub on display for MSRP and a CPO next to it for a 20% premium.

I think for the program to work, you’d need pricing below MSRP
Old 2 December 2022, 02:31 AM   #1996
Bstewart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It sounds absurd that Bucherer would have a new sub on display for MSRP and a CPO next to it for a 20% premium.

I think for the program to work, you’d need pricing below MSRP
I agree with you 1,000%, but sadly, I think we have seen enough craziness that having the higher priced CPO watch next to a lower priced MSRP model is very, very possible - with the brand new MSRP piece being unavailable, I think that is the excuse they'll use to price the CPO in line with market as those would be available on the spot.
Old 2 December 2022, 02:34 AM   #1997
Bstewart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
Can someone elaborate how this works in practice then? Given there's no guarantee that the new buyer would every (say in another year or two) get the warranty card....?

Also, what happens if you bring the watch to AP and it's not under your name / don't have the warranty card? Would AP contact the "old" owner (hence they'd know it's sold) or would they think something else fishy is going on?

Genuinely curious
Great question. I was always under the impression that as long as the warranty card was "activated" at POS, the warranty would be active regardless of having the warranty card or not.

I always thought the reason so many grey watches don't have any warranty was not just about them not coming with warranty cards, but because those warranties were never activated in the first place (i.e. Jomashop). If the watch was purchased by a flipper at an AD, warranty was activated, I'd find it hard to believe they wouldn't service it under warranty. At that point it's the same as if you're the original purchaser and simply misplaced the card.
Old 2 December 2022, 02:42 AM   #1998
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I agree with you 1,000%, but sadly, I think we have seen enough craziness that having the higher priced CPO watch next to a lower priced MSRP model is very, very possible - with the brand new MSRP piece being unavailable, I think that is the excuse they'll use to price the CPO in line with market as those would be available on the spot.
Interesting. Thankfully the pricing continues to aggressively trend downward, so I can see many CPO refs trading below retail (DD, DJ, sub)… will be interesting as we head back to ~2018 times.
Old 2 December 2022, 03:22 AM   #1999
Bstewart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Interesting. Thankfully the pricing continues to aggressively trend downward, so I can see many CPO refs trading below retail (DD, DJ, sub)… will be interesting as we head back to ~2018 times.
Agreed. I want to buy a his/hers set for my wife and I - a 41mm Sub no date for me and the 41mm silver OP for her - so I hope this continues and worst case I'll just buy grey in Q2 or so 2023 as prices drop.
Old 2 December 2022, 03:25 AM   #2000
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
Quote:
I told everyone to trade in their steel 5711s for 5270Ps while they can in 2021 in another thread here. Thats when the Nautilus was trading just slightly above. Instead of laughing at me, they could have traded in a 30k watch for a 150k watch for free. Wonder if they are laughing now….

Many of us were thinking the same things, and acted out similar plans.
Old 2 December 2022, 04:25 AM   #2001
bblewis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This will be difficult for folks who are not spending time on TRF and walk into a Rolex AD only to find they have to pay a premium on a used watch. That's a tough sell.

I was in Vegas just a few weeks ago at an AD, and a lady was shocked she could not buy a watch. Her comment was, "so no matter how much I want to spend, you have nothing to sell me!?" I'm not sure she would be assuaged by being shown a used watch at a 30% premium.

The ADs will have an interesting tightrope to walk. A local AD does have an Estate Sale section with used pieces, all above MSRP, but it's an easier sale not having the CPO certification because it's divorced from Rolex. Now it seems like Rolex, and subsequently, the AD is having its cake and eating it too.
Old 2 December 2022, 04:47 AM   #2002
Bstewart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblewis View Post
This will be difficult for folks who are not spending time on TRF and walk into a Rolex AD only to find they have to pay a premium on a used watch. That's a tough sell.

I was in Vegas just a few weeks ago at an AD, and a lady was shocked she could not buy a watch. Her comment was, "so no matter how much I want to spend, you have nothing to sell me!?" I'm not sure she would be assuaged by being shown a used watch at a 30% premium.

The ADs will have an interesting tightrope to walk. A local AD does have an Estate Sale section with used pieces, all above MSRP, but it's an easier sale not having the CPO certification because it's divorced from Rolex. Now it seems like Rolex, and subsequently, the AD is having its cake and eating it too.
Yes, they absolutely are having their cake and eating it too now. It's a real shame.

And you're dead-on about the "civilians" who don't know any better - this will not be a good look for the brand! I can imagine many, many potential lifetime Rolex customers being turned off forever by this.
Old 2 December 2022, 04:59 AM   #2003
psm11
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15500
Quote:
Yes, they absolutely are having their cake and eating it too now. It's a real shame.

And you're dead-on about the "civilians" who don't know any better - this will not be a good look for the brand! I can imagine many, many potential lifetime Rolex customers being turned off forever by this.
The only upside I see to this (aside from piece of mind) is you will get to build spend history with the AD on something you actually want. But, who knows how ADs will weigh that in deciding who gets allocated a hype model at retail.

Over on some of the other threads, this news has sparked a new flurry of posts about how this is going to send prices on the secondary market out of this world--yawn.
Old 2 December 2022, 05:42 AM   #2004
anx21
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well I did just this directly with my SA in NYC without issue. Key point is the extract.
Does it show up in your online profile (the one on the AP website)? And was this done recently (2022)?
Old 2 December 2022, 05:43 AM   #2005
hello93
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The group of people laughing are amongst those that acquired and held onto them after the announcement of discontinuation. They must be kicking themselves after this years 5811 release. Serious lack of foresight that the 5711 is just another reference in the Nautilus line and many will come after it.
Old 2 December 2022, 06:10 AM   #2006
bblewis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psm11 View Post
The only upside I see to this (aside from piece of mind) is you will get to build spend history with the AD on something you actually want. But, who knows how ADs will weigh that in deciding who gets allocated a hype model at retail.

Over on some of the other threads, this news has sparked a new flurry of posts about how this is going to send prices on the secondary market out of this world--yawn.

Or it pushes other grey pricing down since they won't have CPO certification. Either way, it might be time to just jump on that BLRO I've been waiting on for two years...
Old 2 December 2022, 06:18 AM   #2007
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post

Genuinely curious
Quote:
Great question. I was always under the impression that as long as the warranty card was "activated" at POS, the warranty would be active regardless of having the warranty card or not.

I always thought the reason so many grey watches don't have any warranty was not just about them not coming with warranty cards, but because those warranties were never activated in the first place (i.e. Jomashop). If the watch was purchased by a flipper at an AD, warranty was activated, I'd find it hard to believe they wouldn't service it under warranty. At that point it's the same as if you're the original purchaser and simply misplaced the card.
The new owner can bring the invoice of that transaction along to AP service center to proof the new ownership of that watch. I don't think AP will call the previous owner.

The warranty card was activated at POS by the dealer but they might not has the name of the owner. The owner will have to register the ownership at AP website and get additional 3 years warranty to the total of 5 years.

Grey dealers such as Jomashop do sell AP too with their own warranty, if you purchase it from them, you will not get 5 years warranty from AP.

I afraid that if you don't have the warranty card and the warranty number, you will have to pay for the service by yourself.
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
Audemars Piguet: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) Patek Philippe: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
, Seiko: SRPA21,
Old 2 December 2022, 06:25 AM   #2008
Bstewart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post
The new owner can bring the invoice of that transaction along to AP service center to proof the new ownership of that watch. I don't think AP will call the previous owner.

The warranty card was activated at POS by the dealer but they might not has the name of the owner. The owner will have to register the ownership at AP website and get additional 3 years warranty to the total of 5 years.

Grey dealers such as Jomashop do sell AP too with their own warranty, if you purchase it from them, you will not get 5 years warranty from AP.

I afraid that if you don't have the warranty card and the warranty number, you will have to pay for the service by yourself.
Thanks for the info, and as an aside - man you have a lot of nice Rolexes! What a collection!
Old 2 December 2022, 07:47 AM   #2009
SMD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anx21 View Post
Does it show up in your online profile (the one on the AP website)? And was this done recently (2022)?
Yes but was pre 2020. All others are purchased directly through boutique.
Old 2 December 2022, 12:04 PM   #2010
eijiboy
Banned

meteorite daytona on OF now at 77k.
Closed Thread