The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 July 2007, 05:56 PM   #1
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
TT Blue Sub review...

Hi guys,

Not sure if this one's been done before, but since it is such a popular model, thought I'd give it a quick rundown!!

Let's start with the....

DIAL - By far the best BLUE dial in the whole wide world!! I have yet to see a BLUE as gorgeous and stunning as this one - no exceptions!! Dial printing is exquisite. I think this watch looks best with the standard dial. The MAXI would just about over-clutter it and ruin its unique look!!

CASE - Special Oyster Case as described in the catalogue, this baby's good for 1000 feet + easy. Lug edges are sharp, but they tend to stay up and away from the wrist, so I've never had a problem. Comfy fit, but not as comfy as the Exp-II.

CROWN - TRIPLOCK crown, perfect grip, smooth wind down and easy to manouveur. Adequately protects the watch against all the elements and more.

BRACELET - Massively strong OYSTER FLIPLOCK bracelet. Don't let those hollow links fool you, guys. They are immensely strong and durable. Time proven beyond measure, the OYSTER FLIPLOCK bracelet has withstood the test of time through the ages and comes up trumps!!

SEL links at the top are solid gold, bordering SS links are solid too, but centre 18 K links are hollow - no worries, guys.....tough as nails!!

The beautiful SEL...

The CLASP - Serves its purpose of firmly securing the bracelet!!

What can I say, guys? I've been enjoying this baby since the last 7 months and never get tired of admiring its beauty!! That dial has just gotta the be the BEST thing about this watch.

If you haven't got one in your collection, go get it!! Even the purchase will be an experience you'll never forget!!

Cheers - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2007, 06:56 PM   #2
walds11
"TRF" Member

Nice review JJ. How do you keep you watches in such good shape? You were a long glove? :) I wear long sleeve shirt and tie everyday and still manage to scuff my watches up.
walds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2007, 07:58 PM   #3
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
Nice review JJ. How do you keep you watches in such good shape? You were a long glove? :) I wear long sleeve shirt and tie everyday and still manage to scuff my watches up.
Just by being alert at all times and never ever touching the clasp to the work table!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 20 July 2007, 11:53 PM   #4
Arby
"TRF" Member

It still looks brand new. I like it better than your new watch, JJ.
Arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2007, 05:22 AM   #5
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby View Post
It still looks brand new. I like it better than your new watch, JJ.
Thanks, Arby. One can never get tired of the Blue Sub....

Old 21 July 2007, 12:34 PM   #6
SSD
"TRF" Member

Watch: Stainless Sub Date
Quite stunning! Superior photography as well. Might I inquire as to your camera and setup? And more importantly, do we know if a maxi dial is pending on the TT blue Sub? I agree with you about the current dial.

SUBMARINER OWNERS' CLUB
ESTABLISHED 1953
TRF Member # 5464

Last edited by SSD; 21 July 2007 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: spelling error!!!
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2007, 01:06 PM   #7
roadcarver
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600
The gold and the blue really look good, JJ! Thanks for the review.
Old 21 July 2007, 01:09 PM   #8
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD View Post
Quite stunning! Superior photography as well. Might I inquire as to your camera and setup? And more importantly, do we know if a maxi dial is pending on the TT blue Sub? I agree with you about the current dial.
Thanks, pal. Those were taken with a Panasonic Lumix with the LEICA lens. The one without the Leica lens is no good. It's the lens that makes the difference.

No news about whether the Sub will ever come out with the maxi dial and newer bracelet....but I guess eventually all Rollies will go that way!!

JJ

Old 21 July 2007, 01:31 PM   #9
Blue Bull
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Thanks, pal. Those were taken with a Panasonic Lumix with the LEICA lens. The one without the Leica lens is no good. It's the lens that makes the difference.

No news about whether the Sub will ever come out with the maxi dial and newer bracelet....but I guess eventually all Rollies will go that way!!

JJ
Oh God,JJ,a Blue TT Sub,with big white blobs and numbering on steroids on the bezel(Yellow,not gold) Love mine as it is,wont sell this one ... NEVER !!
Blue Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2007, 01:34 PM   #10
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bull View Post
Oh God,JJ,a Blue TT Sub,with big white blobs and numbering on steroids on the bezel(Yellow,not gold) Love mine as it is,wont sell this one ... NEVER !!
Agreed, Chris....I think the Blue Sub dial looks great with the standard markers. The maxi dial is going to ruin its aesthetics completely and overcrowd the dial!!

Old 22 July 2007, 09:41 AM   #11
ADISMO
Banned

Watch: Seadweller
thanks for the review JJ. stupendous watch.
ADISMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2007, 01:25 AM   #12
GoldenBear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
It's perfect. I'd hate to see any changes. Mine was the last model year before the gold running through the bracelet. Kind of prefer it without as it has enough scratches now. Still, I think the most beautiful watch ever.
Breitling Emergency Mission

**They are just watches, wear 'em.**
Old 3 August 2007, 08:06 AM   #13
SPACE-DWELLER
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, of course!
Lovely review, JJ!

Thanks for sharing!

LocTite 221: The Taming Of The Screw...
SPACE-DWELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2007, 10:15 AM   #14
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Must admit got mine in great part to your photos JJ!
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2007, 11:38 AM   #15
alglez
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT blue sub
yes the blue color that rolex puts in these watches is just so nice that everytime you look at it you fall in love with the watch again.
alglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2007, 05:50 PM   #16
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansaiVet View Post
Must admit got mine in great part to your photos JJ!
Thanks, Tom.....Rolex should pay me a commission for my trend setting habits!!

Old 3 August 2007, 11:29 PM   #17
Geoff
"TRF" Member

JJ, you continue to be The Man!

Great review and pics. There are only two TT's I would consider owning - the blue sub or the new GMT-II. The problem is I've too many watches now and only two wrists!
Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2007, 06:26 AM   #18
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
JJ, you continue to be The Man!

Great review and pics. There are only two TT's I would consider owning - the blue sub or the new GMT-II. The problem is I've too many watches now and only two wrists!
Thanks, Geoff.

So if you had THREE wrists, would you wear two watches?

Old 4 August 2007, 06:41 AM   #19
Geoff
"TRF" Member

JJ, if one of them was one of the aforementioned TT's - you bet - LOL
Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2007, 12:07 PM   #20
timebroker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just by being alert at all times and never ever touching the clasp to the work table!!
Same here, always on the look out for possible fender benders, but even then it happens sometimes.
What always gets my goat (see, people can avoid using sheep remarks ) are the bigger scratches or dents (if any) which you get and do not know when or where you got them.
timebroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2007, 06:34 AM   #21
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

I think I would be correct in saying that JJ has NOT started to hate old Bluey yet.
Old 6 August 2007, 06:43 AM   #22
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
I think the TT Blue Sub is the ugliest watch ever made...
Old 26 August 2007, 10:04 PM   #23
T5AUS
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the time go by
Quote:
Hi guys,

Not sure if this one's been done before, but since it is such a popular model, thought I'd give it a quick rundown!!

Let's start with the....

DIAL - By far the best BLUE dial in the whole wide world!! I have yet to see a BLUE as gorgeous and stunning as this one - no exceptions!! Dial printing is exquisite. I think this watch looks best with the standard dial. The MAXI would just about over-clutter it and ruin its unique look!!

CASE - Special Oyster Case as described in the catalogue, this baby's good for 1000 feet + easy. Lug edges are sharp, but they tend to stay up and away from the wrist, so I've never had a problem. Comfy fit, but not as comfy as the Exp-II.

CROWN - TRIPLOCK crown, perfect grip, smooth wind down and easy to manouveur. Adequately protects the watch against all the elements and more.

BRACELET - Massively strong OYSTER FLIPLOCK bracelet. Don't let those hollow links fool you, guys. They are immensely strong and durable. Time proven beyond measure, the OYSTER FLIPLOCK bracelet has withstood the test of time through the ages and comes up trumps!!

SEL links at the top are solid gold, bordering SS links are solid too, but centre 18 K links are hollow - no worries, guys.....tough as nails!!

The beautiful SEL...

The CLASP - Serves its purpose of firmly securing the bracelet!!

What can I say, guys? I've been enjoying this baby since the last 7 months and never get tired of admiring its beauty!! That dial has just gotta the be the BEST thing about this watch.

If you haven't got one in your collection, go get it!! Even the purchase will be an experience you'll never forget!!

Cheers - JJ
Hi JJ, slowly working my way around the forum and have only just run across this section and your blue sub review.
I have been looking at these watches lately and they are quite something, that blue against the gold does work well. I have attached a photo of a 2004 model which looks to me to be identical to yours apart from the overall colour, which looks darker. Is it just the photo or are these earlier ones a darker colour, especially the dial. Any other points of comparison worth noting greatly appreciated, thanks mate
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bvw-1.jpg (36.6 KB, 3783 views)
T5AUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2007, 10:10 PM   #24
Gaijin

Can't get a better review on a TT Blue Sub that what JJ has to offer. True lover and fan of the TT Blue Sub,

I in fact was directly influenced in my purchase of one by JJ's enthusiasm. Thanks JJ.
Old 26 August 2007, 10:53 PM   #25
T5AUS
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the time go by
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansaiVet View Post
Can't get a better review on a TT Blue Sub that waht JJ has to offer. True lover and fan of the TT Blue Sub,

I in fact was directly influenced in my purchase of one by JJ's enthusiasm. Thanks JJ.

How does that one of yours compare colour wise to the one in my photo. Did you buy new?

I think Tools has a black dial one of these and that looks equally impressive.......boy, the more I get into this watch game the harder it gets to make a decision. I was all keen on the white dial explorer until I actually saw it in the flesh and tried it on, stunning looking watch, but just too lite for me. so now it's the sub that's got me going, but I still have to physically try one on yet, tomorrow I hope!
T5AUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2007, 10:56 PM   #26
Gaijin

I bought new...
Old 26 August 2007, 11:56 PM   #27
ROLEXAHOLIC

Watch: 116528
Great review JJ !! Bluesy has got to be one of the all time classiest and most stunning of all watches. I love my bluesy, it's my daily beater.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Richard's pictures oysterquartz 001.jpg (68.1 KB, 3783 views)
ROLEXAHOLIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2007, 01:53 AM   #28
frostie
1,000,000th PostMember

great review JJ i enjoyed it
frostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2007, 03:20 AM   #29
jasonbellevue
"TRF" Member

Beautiful review my friend, the T/T Blue Sub, imo, is the best looking Rolex out there!! Yep, it truly is a keeper.
Old 27 August 2007, 04:06 AM   #30
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5AUS View Post
Hi JJ, slowly working my way around the forum and have only just run across this section and your blue sub review.
I have been looking at these watches lately and they are quite something, that blue against the gold does work well. I have attached a photo of a 2004 model which looks to me to be identical to yours apart from the overall colour, which looks darker. Is it just the photo or are these earlier ones a darker colour, especially the dial. Any other points of comparison worth noting greatly appreciated, thanks mate
Thanks, Phil.

The only notable difference is that your Sub has the lug holes on the side of the case....whereas mine doesn't.

Other than that, hard to tell. The BLUE dial can appear different shades depending on the angle from which the picture has been taken.

Cheers - JJ