The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 27 November 2022, 01:20 PM   #1
h.to
"TRF" Member

How to start a relationship with AD in Hk?

I'd like to ask a bit of advice on how to start a relationship amongst whale spenders in hk. I'm keen on having at least one watch from each of the "holy trinity" but barriers to entry for Patek seem high, at least for me. I don't have a huge budget to spend on watches, looking to buy 1-2 pieces a year.

I've walked into 3 boutiques in Hk, two AD's on Queen's road and one in Landmark (opposite a certain Rolex AD) and have received lukewarm reception at best. The SA in landmark didn't even bother leaning forward from his seat when I inquired.

It seemed easier to build relationship with either AP (boutique) and VC, from which I've bought watches from both. Im keen to complete the trinity and not go grey.

So my question is, how to be taken seriously by Patek in Hk and which AD is most friendly to work with? I'm interested in 6119g and 7234/5234g (I've got small wrist) and perhaps eventually getting one of their sports models after some patience and spending.
h.to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2022, 05:02 PM   #2
kanwind
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.to View Post
I'd like to ask a bit of advice on how to start a relationship amongst whale spenders in hk. I'm keen on having at least one watch from each of the "holy trinity" but barriers to entry for Patek seem high, at least for me. I don't have a huge budget to spend on watches, looking to buy 1-2 pieces a year.

I've walked into 3 boutiques in Hk, two AD's on Queen's road and one in Landmark (opposite a certain Rolex AD) and have received lukewarm reception at best. The SA in landmark didn't even bother leaning forward from his seat when I inquired.

It seemed easier to build relationship with either AP (boutique) and VC, from which I've bought watches from both. Im keen to complete the trinity and not go grey.

So my question is, how to be taken seriously by Patek in Hk and which AD is most friendly to work with? I'm interested in 6119g and 7234/5234g (I've got small wrist) and perhaps eventually getting one of their sports models after some patience and spending.
PP6119g is not difficult in HK AD, just go in and talk with them, exchange the name card
kanwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2022, 12:57 AM   #3
Triplebalancewheel
"TRF" Member

Go to El Dorado on QRC. They are super friendly. Friend got his 6119g grey dial in 3 weeks. First time buyer. Said he could have a 5168g next.
Triplebalancewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2022, 07:07 AM   #4
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
If you have a small wrist, I think the 6119 wears big. So, try one on first if you can.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2022, 10:46 AM   #5
h.to
"TRF" Member

Thanks for advice!

I will try Eldorado. I thought they were under renovations recently but I'll give it a go! 3 weeks sounds very positive!

There is a 6119 gold version sitting in window at Kf, I will go in and try it on to see how it fits. Hopefully not too bad.
h.to is offline   Reply With Quote