The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 28 May 2008, 12:48 PM   #1
fear
"TRF" Member

Muhle Glashutte

Hey TRFers. I request your opinion. Perhaps German natives can chime in too.

I've been looking at pilot watches that are affordable, 41-43 mm, screw down crown, good water resistance, ETA automatic. I've narrowed to this. It has a modern look, unlike the traditional "observer" style watch. And it's $950 from this AD (righttime.com).

Anyway any experiences with this brand? Good, bad....? What about the AD, any dealing with them?

Thanks!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m12634.jpg (39.8 KB, 60 views)
fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2008, 10:43 PM   #2
Jedi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
They are a former East German instrument manufacturer, for the nautical industry. They ran into some legal problems with Glashuette Original over the whole Glashuette denomination business, but seem to be on the road to recovery.

Their entire range seems to be ETA based movement wise, and the case designs are oriented towards a Tool Watch Buyer's market.

Notable is that their SAR, or Search And Rescue watch is the officially issued by the German Coast Guard and some special forces units. Apparently they have been tested and are quite shockproof and reliable.

Hope this helps, any mistakes are my own as I just got all of that from the top of my head.

This is my watch. There are many like it but this one is mine...

Flickr
Blog
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2008, 10:59 PM   #3
Scarface
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex , Omega
It looks nice for the price
Omega Seamaster Professional Chronograph
Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2008, 01:22 AM   #4
fear
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
They are a former East German instrument manufacturer, for the nautical industry. They ran into some legal problems with Glashuette Original over the whole Glashuette denomination business, but seem to be on the road to recovery.

Their entire range seems to be ETA based movement wise, and the case designs are oriented towards a Tool Watch Buyer's market.

Notable is that their SAR, or Search And Rescue watch is the officially issued by the German Coast Guard and some special forces units. Apparently they have been tested and are quite shockproof and reliable.

Hope this helps, any mistakes are my own as I just got all of that from the top of my head.

Thanks Lee. I really appreciate your comments! Yeah, I've done some research too. I must've missed the info on the brand being East German.
fear is offline   Reply With Quote