The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 March 2018, 11:41 AM   #1
DanielBoncu2902
Banned

Jackroad / kame-kichi Tokyo

Hi.. soon I and family will travel to Japan. Will try to squeeze some time to visit both stores. For someone here who ever visit those stores, do they buy a second hand rolex too? And if yes, hows their buying price compare to their selling used rolex mentioned on their web?

Im planning to carry 1 least favorite rolex complete with box and papers. Will try to trade once I found something good over there
DanielBoncu2902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2018, 11:46 AM   #2
TurboDiesel
Banned

Good luck... in all honesty with the excellent sellers and buyers on this forum youll get more bang for your buck and a better offer... for example takuya, davidsw,vinceb. Plus the guaranntee
Of an authentic rolex with stellar customer service. Enjoy japan, contact a seller here for a trade on something your interested in... and smooth sailing
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2018, 11:49 AM   #3
79280_116520
"TRF" Member

Go to their websites and email them. They respond pretty quick during business hours.

I inquired with Kame-Kichi before and got a quick reply. The price they offer will definitely be lower than what you're looking for. If you're interested in a trade plus cash, talk to them about it too.

On their website it shows inventory, so if you're interested see if they can reserve particular watches for you in the trade.

Good luck!
79280_116520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2018, 11:55 AM   #4
DanielBoncu2902
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79280_116520 View Post
Go to their websites and email them. They respond pretty quick during business hours.

I inquired with Kame-Kichi before and got a quick reply. The price they offer will definitely be lower than what you're looking for. If you're interested in a trade plus cash, talk to them about it too.

On their website it shows inventory, so if you're interested see if they can reserve particular watches for you in the trade.

Good luck!
Hi thank you for your response. Honestly I tried to contact both store but I just could not find any email detail on their website. They only put a phone number over there. Can you share some information about their email please?
Old 18 March 2018, 01:05 PM   #5
DanielBoncu2902
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
Good luck... in all honesty with the excellent sellers and buyers on this forum youll get more bang for your buck and a better offer... for example takuya, davidsw,vinceb. Plus the guaranntee
Of an authentic rolex with stellar customer service. Enjoy japan, contact a seller here for a trade on something your interested in... and smooth sailing
I would love to. But unfortunetly i live like thousand miles apart from US. I lived in Indonesia and i dont think i can deal a business with reputable traders here
Old 18 March 2018, 03:37 PM   #6
mrporter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBoncu2902 View Post
Hi thank you for your response. Honestly I tried to contact both store but I just could not find any email detail on their website. They only put a phone number over there. Can you share some information about their email please?

Hm, when you open their website the email is on the right side, Store Introduction section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 18 March 2018, 06:26 PM   #7
DanielBoncu2902
Banned

I finally able to contact them through social media. But they are saying that their english is quite limited. Is anyone here who ever go there experiencing communcition problem?
Old 18 March 2018, 06:37 PM   #8
mrporter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I finally able to contact them through social media. But they are saying that their english is quite limited. Is anyone here who ever go there experiencing communcition problem?

Website says if they have english translator if you email them. I went there once, seems they have several staff that can speak English.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18 March 2018, 07:18 PM   #9
lmmrf
"TRF" Member

I bought a 14060 at Kame-kichi and sold it back to them about a year later for I think 20% less than I had paid. (I didn't mind because forex changes basically offset my loss.) As I recall their JPY price for similar watches had stayed about the same during that period. But I suspect that in other situations they might offer to buy at more than a 20% discount from their sale prices – I was selling a model that holds value very well, and a watch that they had refinished and sold previously, with all packaging etc.

They and Jack Road have great selections if you just want to see some watches in the flesh (especially given how bare Asian Rolex ADs are these days). I'd also recommend checking out Houseki Hiroba in Shibuya.
lmmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2018, 08:13 PM   #10
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
I am afraid to respond to this thread, someone already got banned.

Anyway I've been to Jack Road and Kamekichi a gazillion times and depending on what you have to sell they are very fair. I speak decent Japanese so I don't have to seek out an English speaker there. I'm sure that they have one though as a lot of tourist shoppers go there. Best of luck!
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2018, 08:27 PM   #11
DanielBoncu2902
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
I am afraid to respond to this thread, someone already got banned.

Anyway I've been to Jack Road and Kamekichi a gazillion times and depending on what you have to sell they are very fair. I speak decent Japanese so I don't have to seek out an English speaker there. I'm sure that they have one though as a lot of tourist shoppers go there. Best of luck!
I really have no idea why someone got banned here. Ive been told that their price was very reasonable; but after contact them and asking some inquires, its no longer anymore. I guess all around the world is the same now. Damn rolex

Anyway, still looking forward to go there and see some piece in a flesh
Old 18 March 2018, 08:39 PM   #12
Gaijin

Quote:
I really have no idea why someone got banned here. Ive been told that their price was very reasonable; but after contact them and asking some inquires, its no longer anymore. I guess all around the world is the same now. Damn rolex

Anyway, still looking forward to go there and see some piece in a flesh
You will love it. It is Rolex heaven.

I went a few months back and here is my thread about it if you would like to have a look. Prices are crazy...

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=577411
Old 18 March 2018, 10:08 PM   #13
DanielBoncu2902
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
You will love it. It is Rolex heaven.

I went a few months back and here is my thread about it if you would like to have a look. Prices are crazy...

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=577411
Waaaooo... why price is so high. Hahaha... but indeed i will love it there. You mentioned that Nakano station is Rolex heaven, so you mean that many dealer selling Rolex over there? Not only jackroad?
Old 18 March 2018, 10:23 PM   #14
Gaijin

Quote:
Waaaooo... why price is so high. Hahaha... but indeed i will love it there. You mentioned that Nakano station is Rolex heaven, so you mean that many dealer selling Rolex over there? Not only jackroad?
Prices will probably be even higher when you get there. They seem to be going up monthly if not almost weekly. Crazy..

Jack Road and Kamekichi are the biggest but there are several other smaller ones. As you get to the end of the shopping mall walkway from the station ( Japanese call this a shotengai ) on the ground level you will see maybe three. Then on the same floor as Jack Road and Kamekichi there are a handful of smaller shops. Maybe one floor down too. Its pretty expansive so you'll have to walk around and search. I would plan on 2-3 hours to really enjoy yourself and take your time.
Old 19 March 2018, 07:30 AM   #15
Otto

Watch: Daytona and others
I've received very good trade-in deals with both of them in the past. Being in the store with the watch in hand counts a lot.
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2018, 07:48 AM   #16
gregmoeck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
I personally wouldn’t waste your time, you can get what you want here, focus on the food when u are in Japan!!
gregmoeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2018, 02:18 PM   #17
DanielBoncu2902
Banned

Seems most people who went there before all are impressed by a massive collection these dealers have. But price looks ridiculous. So sad.. i will let my wife brings my credit card instead. Afraid that their stock poisoned me and i end up buying something with unlogical price.

I will just probably enjoying myself for a few hours taking a wrist shot.
Old 19 March 2018, 02:21 PM   #18
DanielBoncu2902
Banned

Just to add some information though. Local bank here in Indonesia has an installment program up to 12 months with zero% interest if you do a transaction more than usd250 out of country. Makes everything looks worse for my wallet
Old 19 March 2018, 03:19 PM   #19
Gaijin

Quote:
Just to add some information though. Local bank here in Indonesia has an installment program up to 12 months with zero% interest if you do a transaction more than usd250 out of country. Makes everything looks worse for my wallet
Good luck Daniel.

I think that you will be wrestling over your credit card. There is so much selection. New. Used. Vintage.

However like you said prices are high. Really high. Who knows maybe you will find something that you can't say no to. For the most part the prices are firm but it does not hurt to ask.
Old 19 March 2018, 04:09 PM   #20
jimcarver
"TRF" Member

Prices have definitely shot up since I was last there. The Jack Road Japanese version of the website has prices (you should be able to navigate around with google translate).

I've had great deals on an Omega and my wife's Cartier in Kamekichi in the past, not sure if that's still the case but worth a look if you are not exclusively interested in Rolexs.
jimcarver is offline   Reply With Quote