The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 10 March 2018, 05:28 AM   #1
flintsghost
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16600
Parts and Service for Panerai

Apparently Richemont in the US has now adopted a policy where they refuse to sell parts of all the watches in their stable to anyone who is not associated with Richemont. I have been told the same kind of Policy has been adopted by Rolex and others. That makes things very difficult for those who don't have a descent AD associated with Richemont. Richemont in Ft Worth is no longer returning calls about service of their brands.

While they own IWC, there are still IWC centers where service can be had descently for watches out of warranty, like Superior Watch Service in New York. However Panerai is not one that I can find any reliable service for. Possibly in the future I will just have to avoid purchase of any of the brands owned by Richemont and possibly divest myself of my Panerai's.
flintsghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2018, 11:53 AM   #2
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Watch: panerai
what exactly is the issue?

chgo_risti on IG
fullcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2018, 04:14 PM   #3
flintsghost
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16600
The issue is that the Richemont Group and all of the makes under their control refuse to sell parts to anyone except their own Ad's. That means you must have your watches serviced by their people regardless. That also means that they are free to charge some of the ridiculous prices that people talk about on the internet forums. One can't even get seals and gaskets. On top of that Richemont won't answer their own customer service phone in Ft Worth nor will they call one back so that a watch could be sent to them for a service estimate. My local AD is Hyde Park at Cherry Creek. Their jeweler isn't sure he can get parts despite the fact that they are a Richemont AD. That doesn't leave me with much confidence in their brands. It also doesn't leave me with any alternative for service of my two Panerai's. I understand that Rolex is doing the same thing but there are lots of Rolex parts out their in the hands of jewelers. There is a difference, however.... Rolex answers their phone and does do service work. IWC has Superior Watch Service in New York for out of warranty service work. None of the other Richemont Brands have service facilities in the US. They are all dependent on the Ft Worth facility which seems to have virtually closed down communication.
flintsghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2018, 12:14 AM   #4
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Watch: panerai
lots of words....i’ll ask again, what’s the issue? you can’t get parts? which watch? which movement?

I have some excellent contacts at pasc, never an issue getting in touch with them.

chgo_risti on IG
fullcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2018, 01:49 AM   #5
twoweeled
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintsghost View Post
The issue is that the Richemont Group and all of the makes under their control refuse to sell parts to anyone except their own Ad's. That means you must have your watches serviced by their people regardless. That also means that they are free to charge some of the ridiculous prices that people talk about on the internet forums. One can't even get seals and gaskets. On top of that Richemont won't answer their own customer service phone in Ft Worth nor will they call one back so that a watch could be sent to them for a service estimate. My local AD is Hyde Park at Cherry Creek. Their jeweler isn't sure he can get parts despite the fact that they are a Richemont AD. That doesn't leave me with much confidence in their brands. It also doesn't leave me with any alternative for service of my two Panerai's. I understand that Rolex is doing the same thing but there are lots of Rolex parts out their in the hands of jewelers. There is a difference, however.... Rolex answers their phone and does do service work. IWC has Superior Watch Service in New York for out of warranty service work. None of the other Richemont Brands have service facilities in the US. They are all dependent on the Ft Worth facility which seems to have virtually closed down communication.
That is very much the issue I'm concerning myself with now. Combining the strict controls on parts with marginal service from Panerai, doesn't give me much hope for a better experience. I assume a service will be coming up within the next few years for me, and i'm not sure how I'm going to handle it yet. It seems I will not have any choice. I'm debating on selling the watch and just avoiding the potential problem. It's just I like the Panerai look very much. But Panerai just doesn't seem to have the Customer service I require of someone selling me $10K watches.
twoweeled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2018, 04:34 AM   #6
polaris72
2024 Pledge Member

Do you have a negative experience with Panerai RSC? I had few issues with Breitling RSC in CT, but they always came back and took care of the issues. I will keep sending my watches to them. As far as Panerai goes, I will face it when the time comes. By no means I would sell my watch because someone else had a negative experience with that particular RSC.
polaris72 is offline   Reply With Quote