The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9 June 2013, 02:31 AM   #6
rpryan55
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubND,DD,SSDaytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavana View Post
Japanese 21 Jewel Movement.

It certainly makes a statement about the wearer. If I saw a monster in the wild, I would know that the wearer was either very lucky, or very smart to own the best value automatic in the world.

LOL I understand your point my friend. Technically speaking though, While the Monster doesn't hold its value better then a Rolex. Take a new Rolex out of the store and its value drops by thousands of dollars. Take a monster out of the store and its value might drop $50.

I wanted to do the heirloom thing for a long time. It is part of the reason I got into Rolex in the first place. The problem though is 9 times out of 10, you kid is NOT going to like the style watch you like. Sure they will appreciate the gift, but that doesn't mean it won't simply end up collecting dust in the drawer. I learned this lesson the hard way with a car I was keeping to hand down to my son.
Okay. But here's the thing about your post: I could live in a tent, instead of a house. Or in a trailer. I could drive a beater car rather than my Porsche. I could wear hand me down or second hand clothing. All of those things are cheaper.

But none of them are better. The quality of your monster is quite poor compared to a Rolex or a Patek. The quality of a Hyundai Accent is less than the quality of a 911. The quality of fine clothing is far superior to what you get at walmart.

You like your monster. I get it. But to extol it based on how cheap it is on a Rolex forum is a bit puzzling. Clearly, you're posting in a forum where people value quality and value over price alone. I don't understand why you'd do that.

Good luck with your watch. Hope it lasts.