The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 23 February 2017, 10:19 PM   #61
Tomas Eriksson
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15707CE
Not to be rude but looks like a user error. It looks like the bezel is right in the middle of two seconds. With a Rolex Submariner having 120 clicks on the bezel per turn that means you are one click short in the first picture and one click to far in the second.
Old 23 February 2017, 10:19 PM   #62
mick121212
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by minute_man View Post
I believe you did, if that's not what you meant, please accept my apologies.
I understand why you thought that, the return comment was for it to be repaired; the sarcastic comment was in reply to another members silly response... So, I too apologise for misleading...
Old 23 February 2017, 10:23 PM   #63
mick121212
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Eriksson View Post
Not to be rude but looks like a user error. It looks like the bezel is right in the middle of two seconds. With a Rolex Submariner having 120 clicks on the bezel per turn that means you are one click short in the first picture and one click to far in the second.
lol... no user error here, there was no middle option, the clicks don't line up properly, I can't do anything other... but I understand why you would think that
Old 23 February 2017, 10:31 PM   #64
mactruck
"TRF" Member

Not an easy fix. That bezel is ceramic and requires a special tool to remove it. I had the same exact problem with my sub. I wasn't paying attention when I bought it and noticed it when I got home. Took it back and they sent it to RSC to get fixed. Returned the same exact way, almost as if they never sent it which might be the case. I ended up returning it and hunting down a perfect one which was a chore.
Old 23 February 2017, 11:14 PM   #65
yannis
"TRF" Member

Watch: maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick121212 View Post
Hi guys

What would you guys do, expect better or am I being pedantic?

What do you think people, return or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannis7777 View Post
i wouldn't worry over this. Just enjoy it man.

Quote:
Is it your 10k they just taken from you? I don't mean to be rude, I'm just saying that you might have a different opinion had it been yours?
Quote:
I understand why you thought that, the return comment was for it to be repaired; the sarcastic comment was in reply to another members silly response... So, I too apologise for misleading...

Let me reverse your question:

Would you offer an opinion that you did not mean or believe in if i started a thread asking a similar question or seeking advice?

I wouldn't.

Also i wouldn't be rude or question the intentions of people who took the time and cared to offer an answer.

Old 23 February 2017, 11:50 PM   #66
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Yes, that would be unacceptable to me.
The misalignment is obvious, especially when looking at the markers at 3 & 9 o'clock.
Old 24 February 2017, 12:01 AM   #67
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Mick, remember that sarcasm is often a very british thing. Along with irony. Some other nations are much more literal.

If I were you I'd ignore all the OCD/CCD/it does what its intended and other dismissive comments. You paid nearly £10,000 for a watch, the manufacturer of which makes a point of referencing "ensuring perfection", "quality" "ashetics" and "function" on all of their marketing material.

As such, you are absolutely entitled to expect perfect bezel marker alignment - irrespective of whether or not that makes no difference to the functionality of the bezel to measure elapsed time.

If there is no backlash in the bezel, the ceramic insert on your watch has been inserted half a click off. Mine is perfectly aligned. There's no reason why yours should not be either

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Old 24 February 2017, 12:11 AM   #68
fishingbear
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMTsSubLVEx2SDDayt
Simply take it back to the dealer and have them do the simple dial alignment fix.
Congratulations on your beautiful watch!
Old 24 February 2017, 12:11 AM   #69
yannis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Mick, remember that sarcasm is often a very british thing. Along with irony. Some other nations are much more literal.

If I were you I'd ignore all the OCD/CCD/it does what its intended and other dismissive comments. You paid nearly £10,000 for a watch, the manufacturer of which makes a point of referencing "ensuring perfection", "quality" "ashetics" and "function" on all of their marketing material.

As such, you are absolutely entitled to expect perfect bezel marker alignment - irrespective of whether or not that makes no difference to the functionality of the bezel to measure elapsed time.

If there is no backlash in the bezel, the ceramic insert on your watch has been inserted half a click off. Mine is perfectly aligned. There's no reason why yours should not be either
Scott, good manners is also a very British thing as far as i recollect. At least when you are sober

Old 24 February 2017, 12:20 AM   #70
mactruck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingbear View Post
Simply take it back to the dealer and have them do the simple dial alignment fix.
Congratulations on your beautiful watch!
What is the "simple dial alignment fix"?
Old 24 February 2017, 12:24 AM   #71
never2late
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
I'd need that fixed . . .
Tudor Black Bay Bronze, Tudor Pelagos, (Blue).
Old 24 February 2017, 12:25 AM   #72
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Bezel alignments make me smile the only thing the bezel has to align with is where ever the minute hand is on the dial to time the lapse while say underwater.Believe it of not the bezel is meant to be turned and not left permanently fixed within a cats whisker of the 12 marker, and thats what we are taking about 1mm or less.

Clarity itself...

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 24 February 2017, 12:33 AM   #73
albmich
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD4k
Everyone keeps saying it's an easy fix but it's not.

It requires complete removal of the bezel insert and then it requires replacement of the bezel insert. Yes this was easy with the old steel inserts but it's much more difficult with the ceramic inserts and the stakes are higher.

1) every time the bezel is removed, apparently there is a plastic gasket under it that MUST be replaced
2) if the bezel insert is cracked (which happens apparently rather easily) then it's very expensive to replace (close to $1000 I believe?)
3) I've had this problem on 2 of my subs, sent it to RSC and they sent it back without fixing it

The insert is meant to be a crude timing tool, what matters is that it lines up with the minute hand and not the dial. I vote you should keep the watch and get over it.
Old 24 February 2017, 12:42 AM   #74
mick121212
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albmich View Post
Everyone keeps saying it's an easy fix but it's not.

It requires complete removal of the bezel insert and then it requires replacement of the bezel insert. Yes this was easy with the old steel inserts but it's much more difficult with the ceramic inserts and the stakes are higher.

1) every time the bezel is removed, apparently there is a plastic gasket under it that MUST be replaced
2) if the bezel insert is cracked (which happens apparently rather easily) then it's very expensive to replace (close to $1000 I believe?)
3) I've had this problem on 2 of my subs, sent it to RSC and they sent it back without fixing it

The insert is meant to be a crude timing tool, what matters is that it lines up with the minute hand and not the dial. I vote you should keep the watch and get over it.
First point, let's put all this anger issues to one side, I formally apologize if I've upset other people..

2nd point, hopefully without upsetting further, I'm a bit confused with your comment above about it being a crude timing tool; I beg to differ as I believe I've bought the best money can buy.

Personally I see it as buying a Rolex is buying perfection, not a crudely put together watch.

If they can get it right on some, they should be able to get it right on them all... Just my opinion...

Peace and love guys..
Old 24 February 2017, 12:49 AM   #75
yannis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
First point, let's put all this anger issues to one side, I formally apologize if I've upset other people..

2nd point, hopefully without upsetting further, I'm a bit confused with your comment above about it being a crude timing tool; I beg to differ as I believe I've bought the best money can buy.

Personally I see it as buying a Rolex is buying perfection, not a crudely put together watch.

If they can get it right on some, they should be able to get it right on them all... Just my opinion...

Peace and love guys..
Mick,
You had a go at me although i was the only one (or one of the very few) who made a comforting comment.
Since you do not seem to like comforting comments might i make another one just to get in your nerves ():

If you demand that either a replacement watch or a fix is made i do not see why they wouldn't - at least - fix it. Rolex do care about customer satisfaction. I think the best way (and safest) is to send to RSC UK via the AD unless they decide to replace. I do not know what the policy is in the UK but i would not let the AD or his staff physically interfere with the watch (i would be ok with a slightly misaligned bezel but not happy if i saw scratches or dents in my brand new watch). Hope everything is resolved and you are pleased in the end

Old 24 February 2017, 01:01 AM   #76
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:
Thanks for the advice, I'll do that as soon as the shop opens and go back to Omega, for a proper watch!
I wouldn't say that ...
find another Bluesy !!! I have one and it's perfect .
Had it for almost 2 years now ... absolutely love it !!!
Old 24 February 2017, 01:38 AM   #77
ugazag
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
It is a 10k watch. It should be perfect. Get it fixed.
As an aside, I wonder how many sub wearers checked their alignment after reading this thread.
Closed Thread