The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 12 February 2017, 06:32 AM   #1
aparice
"TRF" Member

Submariner was found a few hours fast.

Hi Everyone. I have a no date ceramic submariner that I bought from a trusted seller here end of October. On the 1/13/17 I found my Rolex running a few hours fast (approx 2 hours 15 mins fast), knowing nothing about watches I took it into the Beverly Hills service center to have it looked at. The service team wasn't able to pinpoint a reason as to why my submariner did that and told me to monitor it for a month.

Today 2/11/17, I found my submariner fast again. Actual time was 11:24 but my submariner was showing 3:37. One difference this time was that I noticed my Submariner stopped running for a good minute. I then proceeded to manually wind the submariner and changed the time. Any thoughts as to why this may have happened and does this warrant another visit to the service center? In both incidents I didn't wear the submariner for about 2/3days. When I don't wear it I leave it upright with the crown facing up in its case.

Thank you!
aparice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2017, 07:47 AM   #2
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

2 hours 15 minutes fast per day? Per week? Per month?

The power reserve of this watch is about 48 hours so it will stop after not wearing for 2-3 days, especially if the movement was not fully charged when you took the watch off. This is normal. When you put it back on, are you manually winding it a full 30-40 turns?

You might find that the watch stops even if worn everyday if you are not active enough to keep it wound, like sitting at a desk all day. In that case, you can supplement the auto-winding with some manual winding via the crown every so often.

What I would suggest you do is get a good baseline on the timekeeping. Wind the crown manually a full 40 revolutions. Then set the time exactly (to the second) to a good source such as the atomic clock which you can find online.

Check it again 24 hours later, see what the difference is, then report back to us.
NKflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2017, 04:15 PM   #3
Sweetswisssteel
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126618LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparice View Post
Hi Everyone. I have a no date ceramic submariner that I bought from a trusted seller here end of October. On the 1/13/17 I found my Rolex running a few hours fast (approx 2 hours 15 mins fast), knowing nothing about watches I took it into the Beverly Hills service center to have it looked at. The service team wasn't able to pinpoint a reason as to why my submariner did that and told me to monitor it for a month.

Today 2/11/17, I found my submariner fast again. Actual time was 11:24 but my submariner was showing 3:37. One difference this time was that I noticed my Submariner stopped running for a good minute. I then proceeded to manually wind the submariner and changed the time. Any thoughts as to why this may have happened and does this warrant another visit to the service center? In both incidents I didn't wear the submariner for about 2/3days. When I don't wear it I leave it upright with the crown facing up in its case.

Thank you!
As long as you bought via PayPal and you bought with warranty then you will be fine. You did buy with PayPal and a warranty right?..

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
Sweetswisssteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2017, 02:44 AM   #4
MattCH
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP/ROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKflyer View Post
2 hours 15 minutes fast per day? Per week? Per month?

The power reserve of this watch is about 48 hours so it will stop after not wearing for 2-3 days, especially if the movement was not fully charged when you took the watch off. This is normal. When you put it back on, are you manually winding it a full 30-40 turns?

You might find that the watch stops even if worn everyday if you are not active enough to keep it wound, like sitting at a desk all day. In that case, you can supplement the auto-winding with some manual winding via the crown every so often.

What I would suggest you do is get a good baseline on the timekeeping. Wind the crown manually a full 40 revolutions. Then set the time exactly (to the second) to a good source such as the atomic clock which you can find online.

Check it again 24 hours later, see what the difference is, then report back to us.
Agree. If fully wound it runs fast ?
Make a test.
Old 14 February 2017, 12:04 AM   #5
CaveDweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: Timex
Chances are that it had stopped while you didn't have it on - then re-started when you picked it up to look ..

No need to panic just yet
CaveDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2017, 11:38 AM   #6
aparice
"TRF" Member

Hi All,

Thank you for your responses.

@NKflyer, sorry I should have been more clear. When I looked at my submariner after 2/3 days of not wearing it, it was showing 3:37 when the actual time was 11:24. When I think about it, it could have either ran fast or slow.

@Sweetswisssteel yes I bought with paypal and it has warranty on it :)

I manually winded the submariner 40 times and corrected the time according to time.gov. I'e been wearing it the past three days and my submariner is running perfectly. If anything, its about a second fast but I can hardly tell. So I just wanted to clarify, if I don't wear the submariner for 2-3 days, the submariner can stop running? Thanks everyone for your help!
aparice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2017, 02:08 PM   #7
yannis
"TRF" Member

Watch: maniac
Yes it will stop running if you do not wear it for three days.

yannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2017, 02:55 AM   #8
TygerJaxsin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570
Once i got to the bottom and saw the OP's response i started laughing. Sorry not being mean but yes if the watch is not worn and not on a watch winder it will definitely stop
TygerJaxsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2017, 05:23 AM   #9
henrylee
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN Ceramic
uhh... you should just keep your watch on please! /thread.