The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 12 February 2017, 06:42 AM   #1
MrGMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega-Rolex
Speedmaster pro question

Been seeing a lot of photos of these recently online and I'm not really a fan of chronograph watches, this is probably the only one I would consider buying. Think is I have a Rolex GMTc and getting a AP diver at end of this month so thinking a chronograph would complete my collection.
I've seen these are around £3300 new with discount available just wanted to ask what they sell for pre owned ? Do they hold there value
MrGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2017, 07:25 AM   #2
GTS Dean
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3570.50
I think that price sounds about right for current market. Authorized dealers tend to negotiate a bit on price, not so the boutiqes. Preowned tend to float around between $1900-$3100 USD, depending on vintage and condition. There are a lot of them available. Kringkily is one of the top members of the forum to contact about preowned Omegas.
Old 12 February 2017, 09:33 AM   #3
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Buy right, and they not only hold their value, but may increase. I have two LEs, that if I sold now, would make a very tidy profit on what I bought them for. I would probably do better than break even on my standard 3570.50 if I sold that too, but that is after 16 years of ownership.

arcadelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2017, 11:37 AM   #4
jmsrolls
Banned

What's the strap on the left?

Awesome for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post
Buy right, and they not only hold their value, but may increase. I have two LEs, that if I sold now, would make a very tidy profit on what I bought them for. I would probably do better than break even on my standard 3570.50 if I sold that too, but that is after 16 years of ownership.

jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2017, 01:17 PM   #5
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsrolls View Post
What's the strap on the left?

Awesome for sure!
I'm sorry, but I don't recall. It was a strap I bought many years ago for a cheap watch. When I gave that watch away last year I thought the strap looked good on the Speedy, so that's its home for now. The strap has no markings.
arcadelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2017, 05:55 PM   #6
MrGMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega-Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
I think that price sounds about right for current market. Authorized dealers tend to negotiate a bit on price, not so the boutiqes. Preowned tend to float around between $1900-$3100 USD, depending on vintage and condition. There are a lot of them available. Kringkily is one of the top members of the forum to contact about preowned Omegas.
I'm in the uk so that would be £1900 - £2500 seems like a lot of watch for the money. Might need to pick one up. Anyone recommend a pre owned dealer in the uk ?
MrGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2017, 06:33 PM   #7
Punchthefatkid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post

If you ever want to sell the 3570.40 pm me.. its beautiful!
Punchthefatkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2017, 11:12 PM   #8
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Go pre-owned and save yourself a lot over an AD. Nice watches with a lot of history.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote