The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 June 2019, 07:08 AM   #31
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Was that from the boutique store in the Galleria? If so, then of course you won’t get a discount. The boutiques don’t give discounts in the US.
Yes sir it was the Galleria store, is there another place to go ? I was just there because my son was in town and wanted to go there to a particular store and I of course noticed the Omega store so I stopped in and was quite shocked by the price difference, I did not disclose what the online seller was selling for as I was pretty sure they would not offer a discount that deep but I would have considered getting it there if they were even remotely close but $3k difference is not even close
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2019, 07:38 AM   #32
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Lewis Jewelers in Uptown Park is the only other AD in Houston right down the street from the Galleria. I believe there’s an AD in Katy also.
texasmade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 05:15 PM   #33
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

This is a main reason why Rolex is dominating the luxury watch market.

The internet has opened up the market valuations to the masses.

People compare the retail to what they can get online and it sours them from the brand.

In the case of Rolex, it encourages them to buy due to the FOMO as they see prices continue to rise and rise instead of fall..
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2019, 07:02 AM   #34
grimm01
"TRF" Member

A few weeks ago I went into my local AD to look at the Speedmaster. I walked in, told them what I was looking for and the first words out their mouths were "We will price competitively against Jomashop". It was my first time there and I didn't even ask about pricing yet. Really nice folks, I wasn't ready to buy yet, but will definitely check back when I'm ready to purchase.
grimm01 is offline   Reply With Quote