The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 22 March 2020, 01:21 AM   #3181
Dawg2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
Very sobering read describing what a respiratory therapist in New Orleans is seeing.

https://www.propublica.org/article/a...young-patients
Very sobering, very scary. I expect we will be on lockdown shortly.
Old 22 March 2020, 01:27 AM   #3182
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatco View Post
..Yeah..thanks to Trump who at 15 reported cases said it'll go away.
Look at the scenario now. Catastrophic...
What dont you guys understand nothing political in this thread Know matter how small I have clearly stated in this thread it will not be tolerated in any form.So you will receive infraction points,next time any member might not be so lucky.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 22 March 2020, 01:34 AM   #3183
dimag333
"TRF" Member

Gov Cuomo says 15% hospitalization in ny, 40-80% might end up being infected, anyone want to crunch those numbers? 500k n95 masks headed to Long Island, things happening, fingers crossed this coming week things start becoming more positive health wise

Gov Cuomo also says the cases in west Chester are decreasing not increasing.

6k ventslitors on way in and they are looking into each one being able to serve multiple patients.

steve
Old 22 March 2020, 01:35 AM   #3184
statsman
"TRF" Member

So, Switzerland is reporting 6,000 cases now. In a country about 1/38 the population of the US, that’s a lot. It would be the equivalent of 230k cases in the US. How is their medical system hanging in (I understood them to have a really good system).
Old 22 March 2020, 01:37 AM   #3185
dimag333
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by statsman View Post
So, Switzerland is reporting 6,000 cases now. In a country about 1/38 the population of the US, that’s a lot. It would be the equivalent of 230k cases in the US. How is their medical system hanging in (I understood them to have a really good system).
Possibly a more healthy population so hospitalizations aren’t as high? It was released that almost all deaths in nj had diabetes and a heart condition, forget where I read that

steve
Old 22 March 2020, 01:44 AM   #3186
Letsgodiving
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
Very sobering read describing what a respiratory therapist in New Orleans is seeing.

https://www.propublica.org/article/a...young-patients
Yes, very sobering and rough way to check out.

I have a niece who is a respiratory therapist with a new baby and I can't imagine what she is about to go through.
Old 22 March 2020, 01:54 AM   #3187
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Here come the "me too" layoffs that I was expecting to happen.

https://wkow.com/2020/03/20/some-sub...ack-mid-april/

'The company was laying off those other 118 employees indefinitely because it doesn't expect the market to fully recover after the pandemic'.

Now they had already scheduled some temp work force reduction due to a factory move, but I guess they REALLY wanted to permanently cut some heads anyway,so might as well do it now.

The luxury appliance market has been very hawt for years...Guess 10plus years of growth and profits gets wiped out by a few months of slack...

Now i understand no business is just in business to employ people and they absolutely must maximize their profitability, but for some reason i feel layoffs such as this one are just a "me too" move...since everyone else is doing it, we might as well too!
Old 22 March 2020, 02:02 AM   #3188
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Article quoting John Hopkins: elective surgeries need to stop nationwide.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ive-surgeries/

Stay safe.
Old 22 March 2020, 02:04 AM   #3189
statsman
"TRF" Member

Switzerland now has the highest reported infection rate per capita. Now, I am easily persuaded that others are worse, and their rate is highest because they do a very good job of testing.
Old 22 March 2020, 02:06 AM   #3190
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, SD4K, Exp 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post
I live in Lombardy, where we had the first Italian cases and where most of the deaths are. For some strange reason in the Como province where I live we had few cases but in Brescia and especially Bergamo they were hit pretty bad. They had to use some Army trucks to ship dead bodies because the local crematory ovens were not able to keep up with the number of deaths.

Inviato dal mio SM-T719 utilizzando Tapatalk

Stay safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 March 2020, 02:08 AM   #3191
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

There is always the law of unintended consequences on decisions made, but one has to wonder if the Universal Basic Income will get a serious look or a foothold into the psyche as this crisis continues and people have been shut out of work.

It has been talked about on a theoretical level over the past few years, but it may start to be a solution to the massive unemployment that will probably come now that this pandemic is pretty much a world wide problem.
Old 22 March 2020, 02:14 AM   #3192
statsman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Here come the "me too" layoffs that I was expecting to happen.

https://wkow.com/2020/03/20/some-sub...ack-mid-april/

'The company was laying off those other 118 employees indefinitely because it doesn't expect the market to fully recover after the pandemic'.

Now they had already scheduled some temp work force reduction due to a factory move, but I guess they REALLY wanted to permanently cut some heads anyway,so might as well do it now.

The luxury appliance market has been very hawt for years...Guess 10plus years of growth and profits gets wiped out by a few months of slack...

Now i understand no business is just in business to employ people and they absolutely must maximize their profitability, but for some reason i feel layoffs such as this one are just a "me too" move...since everyone else is doing it, we might as well too!
In the US, we need to remember the WARN act, for protection in times of mass layoffs.
Old 22 March 2020, 02:17 AM   #3193
Kowaco
"TRF" Member

Watch: G Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
There is always the law of unintended consequences on decisions made, but one has to wonder if the Universal Basic Income will get a serious look or a foothold into the psyche as this crisis continues and people have been shut out of work.

It has been talked about on a theoretical level over the past few years, but it may start to be a solution to the massive unemployment that will probably come now that this pandemic is pretty much a world wide problem.

That’s inevitable, I think it needs to be closer to $3000 per person though and health care. Above some income level you could reduce the payment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 22 March 2020, 02:20 AM   #3194
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
Yesterday was Match Day for graduating medical students, the day when they find out into which residency program they were accepted. So many fresh faced, happy young doctors on Twitter and Instagram. I can’t imagine what they will face entering the worst year of their lives, internship PGY-1, as they walk into the face of the pandemic. #MedTwitterMatchDay
Old 22 March 2020, 02:27 AM   #3195
statsman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post

Systems that reward economic productivity get more economic productivity. Systems that don’t reward economic productivity get much less economic productivity. It would be difficult to think of a worse response to a recession.
Old 22 March 2020, 02:57 AM   #3196
Bryant Park
Banned

This email went up to myentire community....

It is from our local nationally ranked state of the art hospital. I provide this with no bias or intent but providing a real time sense of how quickly and dramatically this crisis is intensifying in some places.

I know several doctors who are already experiencing large volumes of very sick patients, ill colleagues and the need to reuse and or ration safety equipment. I hope and pray other communities are sparred it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1068.jpg (177.0 KB, 251 views)
Old 22 March 2020, 03:35 AM   #3197
jatco
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116233/79190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
Ok. I redacted my quote
As did I

' A Crown for every achievement '
Old 22 March 2020, 03:37 AM   #3198
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by statsman View Post
Systems that reward economic productivity get more economic productivity. Systems that don’t reward economic productivity get much less economic productivity. It would be difficult to think of a worse response to a recession.
All that is probably true but theories don't pay the bills.

The UBI started being taken seriously when the talk of AI taking over the workplace and 40% job losses were predicted in the near future. And a large percentage were white collar jobs.

When mass worker layoff which are predicted in the next few months and nobody has a clue when this stay at home policy will end, one wonders of the UBI will be looked at, at some level.

Obviously when the pandemic is over things will get back to some sort of normalcy, but when people are essentially locked out of work, and told to stay home, economic theories don't really apply to a mandated marketplace.
Old 22 March 2020, 04:03 AM   #3199
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
What dont you guys understand nothing political in this thread Know matter how small I have clearly stated in this thread it will not be tolerated in any form.So you will receive infraction points,next time any member might not be so lucky.
Thanks PADI, and in case no one else caught it, I loved your “Flushing” joke in the other thread.
Old 22 March 2020, 04:30 AM   #3200
hcivic91
"TRF" Member

Have been following the thread for sometime and wanted to get my $0.02 in.

The US will lockdown for a couple of weeks to bend the curve but there is no clarity on the end game so I thought I’d provide my insight. While we all hope for a vaccine, it is treatment/therapy that will solve this mess. To some degree we are all scared, for ourselves or older/vulnerable family. We saw the government begin to sew the seeds of therapeutic drugs this week, this will continue. Even if those drugs are even mildly helpful they will help us all think more rationally and remove a lot of the fear. This is the near-term end game.

This will get things moving again and it must. The medium-run economic cost is just to great for it to not. That is why I say that even if the treatment is mild it will be harolded and will break the panic. This along with warmer weather will bring relief. In the short-run the rollercoaster will continue for all of us but this will subside and this is the out we will be given.

Until then my prayers to all impacted including medical workers and grocers. Thank you all.
Old 22 March 2020, 04:48 AM   #3201
statsman
"TRF" Member

My family prays for Italy every night. They had 800 die in the last 24 hours. It turns out that even treatable cases are lethal if you lack capacity (respirators) to treat them. NYC is where Italy was in early March. Seattle is a little behind. Let’s see if the US can manage any better.
Old 22 March 2020, 04:57 AM   #3202
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
I was told, not conformed, but by a friend that New Rochelle cases are going down.

Maybe containment works and will be effective.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 22 March 2020, 05:01 AM   #3203
dimag333
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I was told, not conformed, but by a friend that New Rochelle cases are going down.

Maybe containment works and will be effective.
See my prev post, Cuomo said they are going down. On another note I decided to check out the sba app. Holy crap you basically need a full business and personal audit to even apply! Crazy!

steve
Old 22 March 2020, 05:34 AM   #3204
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimag333 View Post
See my prev post, Cuomo said they are going down. On another note I decided to check out the sba app. Holy crap you basically need a full business and personal audit to even apply! Crazy!

steve

Yes the SBA still has the tight submission data requirements. I don’t expect that part to change after the scams that took place during recovery from last recession.

Auditors should be fairly available. It’s like a root canal though - the current financial pain is transferred to the SBA pain. But if the fundamentals are sound, you’ll prosper later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 22 March 2020, 05:36 AM   #3205
dimag333
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Yes the SBA still has the tight submission data requirements. I don’t expect that part to change after the scams that took place during recovery from last recession.

Auditors should be fairly available. It’s like a root canal though - the current financial pain is transferred to the SBA pain. But if the fundamentals are sound, you’ll prosper later.

I don’t need the cash after a few smart moves to keep me afloat, but yeah if I do, holy cow! I’m glad they are in place for sure, Sandy was a free for all with a huge amount of fraud.

steve
Old 22 March 2020, 05:37 AM   #3206
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimag333 View Post
I don’t need the cash after a few smart moves to keep me afloat, but yeah if I do, holy cow! I’m glad they are in place for sure, Sandy was a free for all with a huge amount of fraud.

steve

Yep, Sandy, too.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 22 March 2020, 06:11 AM   #3207
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcivic91 View Post
Have been following the thread for sometime and wanted to get my $0.02 in.

The US will lockdown for a couple of weeks to bend the curve but there is no clarity on the end game so I thought I’d provide my insight. While we all hope for a vaccine, it is treatment/therapy that will solve this mess. To some degree we are all scared, for ourselves or older/vulnerable family. We saw the government begin to sew the seeds of therapeutic drugs this week, this will continue. Even if those drugs are even mildly helpful they will help us all think more rationally and remove a lot of the fear. This is the near-term end game.

This will get things moving again and it must. The medium-run economic cost is just to great for it to not. That is why I say that even if the treatment is mild it will be harolded and will break the panic. This along with warmer weather will bring relief. In the short-run the rollercoaster will continue for all of us but this will subside and this is the out we will be given.

Until then my prayers to all impacted including medical workers and grocers. Thank you all.
Good Post.
Old 22 March 2020, 06:52 AM   #3208
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

The Hammer and the dance

This is an interesting read. The author is not an epidemiologist. However, he has collated at lot different models that I have not seen before.

These models challenge the economic cost argument against of more aggressive initial measures. Measures that we have not yet had in the US and UK. And argues that the cost will be far greater with half measures we are seeing, both the the healthcare system, overall mortality rates from Covid-19 and collateral deaths.

Food for thought.

Appreciate any input from doctors.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-be9337092b56
Old 22 March 2020, 07:08 AM   #3209
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
The Hammer and the dance

This is an interesting read. The author is not an epidemiologist. However, he has collated at lot different models that I have not seen before.

These models challenge the economic cost argument against of more aggressive initial measures. Measures that we have not yet had in the US and UK. And argues that the cost will be far greater with half measures we are seeing, both the the healthcare system, overall mortality rates from Covid-19 and collateral deaths.

Food for thought.

Appreciate any input from doctors.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-be9337092b56
Simple,stay home .If you dont see another person ,they cant infect you and vice versa .Isolation .Droplet the biggest chance of infection
Mask, if you have to go out
Hands,keep clean .Frequently
Dont touch the face .

Flattening the curve so not overrun the health system .
Also,buys time for the future vaccine development .
Economic fall-out severe .Worldwide
Old 22 March 2020, 07:15 AM   #3210
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
Simple,stay home .If you dont see another person ,they cant infect you and vice versa .Isolation .Droplet the biggest chance of infection
Mask, if you have to go out
Hands,keep clean .Frequently
Dont touch the face .

Flattening the curve so not overrun the health system .
Also,buys time for the future vaccine development .
Economic fall-out severe .Worldwide
Agreed. I am most interested in two posts argued by the article.

1. That a hammer approach works quicker and is therefore less damaging to the economy.

2. That without the hammer approach, higher mortaility numbers are possible than we have been discussing. As well, as higher numbers from collateral deaths from other causes because of the heath system overload.

Stay safe.