The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 9 July 2019, 12:57 PM   #1
Stabulldogs
"TRF" Member

Patek 5726 Strap options/differences Question

I have a 5726A-001 which I got in 2018, an annual calendar Nautilus on an alligator strap. I have seen several FSOT posts lately that show this watch on a rubber strap, a leather-like look to it. Is that factory? I don’t see anything on the PP site about it? I know you can’t swap the leather strap out for metal bracelet (at least when i asked they said no) can you swap it out for this rubber strap? I know I can swap my Aquanaut metal bracelet for the factory black or brown rubber strap.

Of my 12ish watches this is my only leather strap watch, and I rarely find myself going to grab it. I save it for nice events, that’s about it. Having it on a rubber strap would let me use the watch’s waterproof abilities and I think wear it more often.

Any help or clarification would be appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stabulldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2019, 03:07 PM   #2
zahain
"TRF" Member

You are probably reffering to RubberB. They offer rubber straps for 5726 and 5980 on strap variants. You can also order a custom aligator strap from ABPConcept or camillefournet but yopu need the exact strap size (and width for the initial link from the case that connects to the strap) otherwise it will not work.

https://rubberb.com/en/strap-patek-p...tilus-5726a-ss
zahain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2019, 06:08 PM   #3
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabulldogs View Post
I have a 5726A-001 which I got in 2018, an annual calendar Nautilus on an alligator strap. I have seen several FSOT posts lately that show this watch on a rubber strap, a leather-like look to it. Is that factory? I don’t see anything on the PP site about it? I know you can’t swap the leather strap out for metal bracelet (at least when i asked they said no) can you swap it out for this rubber strap? I know I can swap my Aquanaut metal bracelet for the factory black or brown rubber strap.

Of my 12ish watches this is my only leather strap watch, and I rarely find myself going to grab it. I save it for nice events, that’s about it. Having it on a rubber strap would let me use the watch’s waterproof abilities and I think wear it more often.

Any help or clarification would be appreciated

Thanks

I think you should of received the rubber strap with the piece, it believe comes with both as standard and at a glance the rubber (composite) strap looks just like the alligator strap. It is a great option to have allows the piece to be used in water. My AD has the R and the rubber strap is great, I tried it on and it was super comfy.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2019, 12:23 AM   #4
ade
"TRF" Member

Watch: depends on my mood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
I think you should of received the rubber strap with the piece, it believe comes with both as standard and at a glance the rubber (composite) strap looks just like the alligator strap. It is a great option to have allows the piece to be used in water. My AD has the R and the rubber strap is great, I tried it on and it was super comfy.

Correct. The composite strap came with the watch when new. It is imho a better/nicer daily strap to wear on the 5726 than the Alligator. Somehow seems to suit it better. The Composite is super comfy.
ade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2019, 01:30 PM   #5
Stabulldogs
"TRF" Member

Fantastic, thanks a lot all. My AD is claiming it’s $255 and doesn’t come w the watch. I bought it NIB in person and paid full tax for it in 2018. I got the watch on the strap which was on a pillow (ie not a flat strap)

Old 11 July 2019, 01:39 PM   #6
Stabulldogs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahain View Post
You are probably reffering to RubberB. They offer rubber straps for 5726 and 5980 on strap variants. You can also order a custom aligator strap from ABPConcept or camillefournet but yopu need the exact strap size (and width for the initial link from the case that connects to the strap) otherwise it will not work.

https://rubberb.com/en/strap-patek-p...tilus-5726a-ss

Some cool color options here, thanks a lot. Was different than the factory one i was thinking about, but I like these too. The one Takuya last listed has this strap on it

Old 13 July 2019, 09:34 PM   #7
ade
"TRF" Member

Patek 5726 Strap options/differences Question

Quote:
Fantastic, thanks a lot all. My AD is claiming it’s $255 and doesn’t come w the watch. I bought it NIB in person and paid full tax for it in 2018. I got the watch on the strap which was on a pillow (ie not a flat strap)

The composite strap still uses the deployant, and it is not on a dedicated buckle.
Old 13 July 2019, 09:46 PM   #8
Stabulldogs
"TRF" Member

Thanks, AD can swap buckles pretty quickly? Would it make any sense to spend the money on second buckle?

Old 14 July 2019, 12:01 AM   #9
ade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks, AD can swap buckles pretty quickly? Would it make any sense to spend the money on second buckle?

It takes a leisurely 10mins to carefully swap the straps and reuse the deployant. Not worth cost of an extra deployant imho as swapping straps is not really what you do with a watch of this calibre. I have other nicer watches on alligator straps. The 5726 on composite is a really sweet combo. Better than with the alligator.