The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 25 June 2011, 02:54 AM   #31
kyle L
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolu View Post
I don't see how that saying has anything to do with this situation. If anything, it seems like a squirrel with perfect vision has been gifted a piece of crap in delicious nut camouflage.
Or the watch could just be a lemon.
Old 25 June 2011, 02:54 AM   #32
R.G
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolu View Post
I don't see how that saying has anything to do with this situation. If anything, it seems like a squirrel with perfect vision has been gifted a piece of crap in delicious nut camouflage.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha...

Now THIS is funny!!

Old 25 June 2011, 03:11 AM   #33
2th Dr
Banned

Watch: Rolex
I'm withholding comment until (if) she posts again. If she does, she's probably hoping for some advise. If she doesn't, then she was just venting. Either case is ok IMHO.

Oh, wait, I just commented, didn't I.
Old 25 June 2011, 03:15 AM   #34
globalmedia33
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G View Post
WTF??!!

This woman probably is posting on the wrong website as most on here are Rolex enthusiasts and feel compelled to correct anyone with a bad word about Rolex, but come on, you don't know her to make judgement like that?!! You have just jumped to so many conclusions in that one response you've made it's actually shameful to you!

Read in between the lines, she wants to rant as she's had a s**t experience, someone's got to, because it's going to happen someone somehere down the line. It's a mechanical thing, like a car, thousands have a great experience whilst some, perhaps a minority won't!

Let her say what she wants to say in my opinion. Don't worry, Rolex won't cry.
Damn. This is really nasty.
“I THINK PERFECTION IS UGLY. SOMEWHERE IN THE THINGS HUMANS MAKE, I WANT TO SEE SCARS, FAILURE, DISORDER AND DISTORTION" - YOHJI YAMAMOTO
Old 25 June 2011, 03:45 AM   #35
tfduff723
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega 4 Me
Wow - very sorry to hear of your troubles. I would hope that a call or letter sent to Rolex corporate would result in a positive response / resolution to your concerns.

That said... I have owned 6 Rolex watches since 1992 and have never had a quality issue. The older ones (ie my A & P serial number Exp II & GMT II) have had routine servicing at the 5-6 year intervals without any problems. Personally, I have always been impressed with the lasting quality and durability of my Rolex watches. A few of them have been worn pretty "rigorously" to say the least.

I'm not sure what to say when I read these kinds of posts. With all due respect it is a bit like the hysteria you hear periodically over the new ceramic bezels or updated clasps. Haven't had any issues with those either
Old 25 June 2011, 04:14 AM   #36
Oyster1982
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorgrad View Post
I am so disappointed in Rolex. My husband gave me a Datajust with diamonds 5 years ago. It has been back to the company for repair 4 times in 5 years!!! Each time it's gone about 3 months. It has been off my arm more than it has been on! It has never kept good time! It starts off losing time, and then it's almost like something "springs" and then the second hand starts sweeping around and it starts running hours fast. This is a $10,000 watch! I have timex watches that keep better time! My husband has a Rolex also that is just fine. Rolex fixed it free the first time, than charged me $250 the next time, and then $500!! then next time! Supposedly they restored it to "good as new" condition. They said it was my fault, that it had sustained "a blow" of some kind. I'm an accountant not a construction worker. The watch did not sustain a "blow". Now the watch is back in the shop, 6 months after I just got it back. You would think Rolex would be embarrassed! You would think in the name of good customer service they would replace the watch. Nope. I'm supposed to be grateful that they are fixing it free this time!! Wow Rolex! Just accept that it is possible for you to make a "lemon". Customer service goes a long way towards salvaging a customer relationship. So now I am left with the option of spreading the word through social media of how poor Rolex customer service is. I like my watch when I have it. I would have purchased another one, had they replaced it and shown me some consideration. Now, I am telling anyone who will listen how poor their service is, and how disappointing their product is. I wonder how long this next repair will last? Three months?
Did you find out from Rolex what was not working properly. Since the watch is loosing and gaining time it has to be a specific issue relating to the balance wheel, hairspring, and the regulation system. This could be a magnetization problem as well that is affecting the operation of the hairspring and balance wheel. Contact RSC to find out what they have repaired in your watch to find out why its always out of order.
Old 25 June 2011, 04:33 AM   #37
R.G
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalmedia33 View Post
Damn. This is really nasty.
How? Think you've quoted the wrong post...
Old 25 June 2011, 04:38 AM   #38
Jim232118
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster II YG
I will offer up some friendly advice. If you think your Rolex sucks and you are treated unfairly by Rolex, send the watch to an independent authorized Rolex repair shop so you don't have to deal with Rolex, have the watch fixed, and then sell it. Now you can buy another brand and hopefully everything will work out with no problems.
Old 25 June 2011, 04:45 AM   #39
TempoKing
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
Quote:
I am so disappointed in Rolex. My husband gave me a Datajust with diamonds 5 years ago. It has been back to the company for repair 4 times in 5 years!!! Each time it's gone about 3 months. It has been off my arm more than it has been on! It has never kept good time! It starts off losing time, and then it's almost like something "springs" and then the second hand starts sweeping around and it starts running hours fast. This is a $10,000 watch! I have timex watches that keep better time! My husband has a Rolex also that is just fine. Rolex fixed it free the first time, than charged me $250 the next time, and then $500!! then next time! Supposedly they restored it to "good as new" condition. They said it was my fault, that it had sustained "a blow" of some kind. I'm an accountant not a construction worker. The watch did not sustain a "blow". Now the watch is back in the shop, 6 months after I just got it back. You would think Rolex would be embarrassed! You would think in the name of good customer service they would replace the watch. Nope. I'm supposed to be grateful that they are fixing it free this time!! Wow Rolex! Just accept that it is possible for you to make a "lemon". Customer service goes a long way towards salvaging a customer relationship. So now I am left with the option of spreading the word through social media of how poor Rolex customer service is. I like my watch when I have it. I would have purchased another one, had they replaced it and shown me some consideration. Now, I am telling anyone who will listen how poor their service is, and how disappointing their product is. I wonder how long this next repair will last? Three months?
To tell you the truth it is not unheard for a watch to go back to service
a few times, I guess a matter of bad luck rather than a badly made watch.
Anyway, 99.9999% of all Rolex watches are made like tanks.
Between my friends and me we have owned hundreds if not thousands
of Rolex wristwatches - never had a problem that was not fixed.
and....no...I do not work for Rolex...
Old 25 June 2011, 04:46 AM   #40
globalmedia33
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G View Post
How? Think you've quoted the wrong post...
Oops. I did. Sorry.
“I THINK PERFECTION IS UGLY. SOMEWHERE IN THE THINGS HUMANS MAKE, I WANT TO SEE SCARS, FAILURE, DISORDER AND DISTORTION" - YOHJI YAMAMOTO
Old 25 June 2011, 04:58 AM   #41
Paulie 50
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You can't legislate for the minority,sometimes sh.. happens, i think we can all empathise with your situation, but in reality this is a rare occurrence, why not ask the dealer for some recompense for your trouble.
Old 25 June 2011, 05:42 AM   #42
hsfrank
"TRF" Member

Watch: President
I find it strange that she has had a Rolex for 5 years with so many problems and only now joins the forum & posts. Also that she has not responded to the several requests for picts and details

Time and Tide wait for no man

Rolex Cellini 4133
Tudor North Flag

HERS:
Rolex TTDJ
Old 25 June 2011, 05:46 AM   #43
jamesbondOO7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex or nothing
This is so obviously a joke.
Old 25 June 2011, 05:51 AM   #44
mtrunner
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126508 Paul Newman
If she is real then I can understand being frustrated if the watch has been in service that many times. But the one thing that she said more than once was that she wanted Rolex to give her a new watch. We all know that would never happen and is not the policy of Rolex. That is why they have a 2 year warranty. It is like most luxury products, if something breaks it is fixed under warranty. You don't expect to get a new car everytime something needs repaired on your car. It is repaired under warranty. Once the warranty has expired unfortunately the repairs are your responsibility. But she said they were fixing this last issue for free. That sounds like good customer service to me.
Old 25 June 2011, 05:53 AM   #45
2th Dr
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbondOO7 View Post
This is so obviously a joke.
You mean... TROLL ALERT?
Old 25 June 2011, 05:56 AM   #46
CashGap
"TRF" Member

Hit and run post, accomplished what "she" intended. Hopefully, she was using the barbless hooks and our cheeks will heal.
Old 25 June 2011, 06:09 AM   #47
jamesbondOO7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex or nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2th DR View Post
You mean... TROLL ALERT?
Please so obvious. What was described might happen with a car, but certainly not a watch, and absolutely certainly not a Rolex.
Old 25 June 2011, 06:19 AM   #48
Oyster1982
"TRF" Member

Something seems strange, if I had an issue like this with my watch I would know what caused it to malfunction. When something expensive breaks I would like to know why it broke and what can I and the manufacturer do so the problem is rectified.
Old 25 June 2011, 06:35 AM   #49
mrbill2mrbill2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Appears to be a Rolex trashing troll.

Old 25 June 2011, 06:36 AM   #50
Oyster1982
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbill2mrbill2 View Post
Appears to be a Rolex trashing troll.

Well at least we got some entertianment out of it.
Old 25 June 2011, 06:38 AM   #51
Jim232118
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster II YG
Quick question, what do you guys mean by troll? Sorry for my ignorance.
Old 25 June 2011, 06:52 AM   #52
forerunner
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbondOO7 View Post
Please so obvious. What was described might happen with a car, but certainly not a watch, and absolutely certainly not a Rolex.
Was this sarcasm?

Nels
Old 25 June 2011, 07:03 AM   #53
wdalew5
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,omega,casio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim232118 View Post
I think it's sad when people feel the need to blast companies just because everything is not exactly the way they want it. These people end up going through life so unhappy all the time because they just want to complain about everything, blam everyone for their problems, and never look in the mirror to evaluate ther behavior or actions. It's sad really.
My Rolex watches (4) have all been fine. Is that to say they have been perfect with no problems? No, but I sent the watches to Rolex when I did have problems and they were taken care of for free, within the 2 year warranty period, even though one time it was my fault.
I have not found anything in life that works perfectly all the time. I guess I have low standards? Perhaps I just realize that complaining over trivial issues is pointless and at the end of the day, it really shows what kind of person you are when your intent is to bash someone and cause harm just because your experience has not been perfect.
I am perfect at everything. Just ask me, Ill tell ya........
Old 25 June 2011, 07:04 AM   #54
chronoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520 & 3570.50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim232118 View Post
Quick question, what do you guys mean by troll? Sorry for my ignorance.
a pooh stirrer. trolling for trouble.
Old 25 June 2011, 07:11 AM   #55
Dan2010
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai 914
Jan? Was that you??
Old 25 June 2011, 07:16 AM   #56
dnagwhogas
"TRF" Member

Watch: N :Learn
I knew it! Rolex makes crappy watches! When will Rolex ever make a watch that safe to shower with? Or jog with? Or sleep with? (it's not what you think guys)

P-Club Member # 7

Time is what prevents everything from happening at once.
Old 25 June 2011, 07:21 AM   #57
EverydayCats

Quote:
Anytime you decide to sell/dump it please pop me a note. I am ALWAYS looking for a deal on a great watch and a disappointed customer is my favorite seller.
P.S. I have a couple extra cats that will make a great trade for your Rolex. I will toss them into our deal.
Here they are, so let's see a picture of the trade-in Rolex:
Old 25 June 2011, 07:30 AM   #58
dnagwhogas
"TRF" Member

Watch: N :Learn
Quote:
I am so disappointed in Rolex. My husband gave me a Datajust with diamonds 5 years ago.
No wonder it always breaks! It's a DATAJUST!

P-Club Member # 7

Time is what prevents everything from happening at once.
Old 25 June 2011, 07:31 AM   #59
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
So when exactly did it start to suck? That's a pretty unique watch ailment. Bang it up on ebay as a novelty item.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Old 25 June 2011, 07:32 AM   #60
Brentomatic

Watch: Deepsea
Rolex rocks.
Closed Thread