The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 December 2019, 12:58 AM   #61
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
Looking to buy this supposedly circa 1995 DJ unpolished.
Has this been polished?
Thanks.
Nice lie.
Old 10 December 2019, 01:12 AM   #62
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
That watch does not look great. Simple as that.

To people who think excessive servicing is not harmful, think again. A movement will only stand up to being pulled apart and put together so many times. There is wear and tear on screw heads, etc. every time a movement is serviced. This is a fact and when such parts are worn out the only solution may be to install a new movement. I am not saying there is anything wrong with replacing an old movement with a new one, but imagine all the time and money that went into mucking around with the old movement for no good reason. Apparently this watch stopped at some stage and needed yet another service because of that. I would guess that it stopped due to a mistake made during one of those frequent services. In my opinion opening a watch up, tearing it apart and putting it together again exposes it to many risks and it should only be done if it is in fact needed. Otherwise you are just asking for trouble, such as dings, scratches, foreign material in the movement, foreign material under the crystal, damage to the dial, damage to hands, mistakes that lead to the movement malfunctioning, etc. All these things have to my knowledge happened when a watch has been serviced and I can't see how anyone can with a straight face say that excessive servicing is not harmful.
Complete and utter nonsense like many of your posts over the past 6 months or more.Below is my own working tool SD used and often abused with well over 600 hours underwater.And expect have seen more use scratches that most of today's Rolex watches will see in ten lifetimes.Watch has been serviced by 3 different RSC world wide and was pressure checked at least twice a year for over ten years. Case seals replaced many times and regulated a few times, and will still be ticking when my ticker stops.Plus the simple fact any movement screws or parts that are damaged they are replaced when movement is re-assembled making the movement as good as new.Regular service extends the life of any mechanical watch thats a fact,lack of service often destroys the movement beyond repair.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2019, 01:22 AM   #63
Tangier11
Banned

Watch: ROLEX
My comment was not meant to be racist. It was said tongue in cheek. For those who were offended by it I apologize.
Tangier11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2019, 03:53 AM   #64
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
Nice lie.
I think the thread is self explanatory.
The intent was to solicit opinions on its appearance relative to being polished to draw out the so called experts.
Sayings up front that it was polished four times would not have achieved the same result as negative comments would be immediately generated rather than commenting based on actual appearance.
Old 10 December 2019, 03:55 AM   #65
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Complete and utter nonsense like many of your posts over the past 6 months or more.Below is my own working tool SD used and often abused with well over 600 hours underwater.And expect have seen more use scratches that most of today's Rolex watches will see in ten lifetimes.Watch has been serviced by 3 different RSC world wide and was pressure checked at least twice a year for over ten years. Case seals replaced many times and regulated a few times, and will still be ticking when my ticker stops.Plus the simple fact any movement screws or parts that are damaged they are replaced when movement is re-assembled making the movement as good as new.Regular service extends the life of any mechanical watch thats a fact,lack of service often destroys the movement beyond repair.

Excellent!
Old 10 December 2019, 04:14 AM   #66
replicator
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/AP
Quote:
The intent was to solicit opinions on its appearance relative to being polished to draw out the so called experts.
Sayings up front that it was polished four times would not have achieved the same result as negative comments would be immediately generated rather than commenting based on actual appearance.

What result is achieved by posting a fake “please help” when you’re just trying to draw out some responses for whatever purpose. It sounds rather cynical and pompous IMHO. Whatever floats your boat.
replicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2019, 04:17 AM   #67
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by replicator View Post
What result is achieved by posting a fake “please help” when you’re just trying to draw out some responses for whatever purpose. It sounds rather cynical and pompous IMHO. Whatever floats your boat.
The word dishonest also comes to mind.
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2019, 04:20 AM   #68
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicator View Post
Surprised you have time to post with all the Mexico issues forthcoming for you.

Quote:
The word dishonest also comes to mind.
Both of you just love stirring crap.
Cynical, pompous and dishonest?
I really want to post my thoughts on you but will be banned.
Now, after all your other nonsense responses is it that this ruffles your feathers?
Raise your sensitivity level a bit.
Old 10 December 2019, 04:22 AM   #69
Seibei
Banned

Quote:
All that counts is whether or not the owner is happy with the appearance. What people on this forum think is irrelevant. I have an opinion on the way that watch looks, but what does it matter?

The watch looks nice and worthy of having money spent on it. I would at the very least replace the fluted bezel and the case. Once that is done it will really look like new, assuming the bracelet is still serviceable.
Old 10 December 2019, 04:22 AM   #70
Seibei
Banned

Quote:
Raise your sensitivity level a bit.
Maybe you should lower your's a notch or two.
Old 10 December 2019, 04:24 AM   #71
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Maybe you should lower your's a notch or two.
It was sarcasm.
Won’t be able to read your next response.
Old 10 December 2019, 04:33 AM   #72
Robtayham
"TRF" Member

Wow, this thread took a turn.....

My two cents: tell your Dad its his watch. He can polish it everyday, light it on fire, beat it with a hammer, or whatever. It’s his watch and he should be able to do with it as he pleases, without worrying about anonymous internet strangers’ feedback.

Disclaimer: I bought my TT DJ in 1984 and did the same thing to it as your Dad did with his. To heck with the naysayers. Let them keep their ‘mass produced, not unique’ watches in a safe, bubble wrapped; and let the real men wear them as intended.
Robtayham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2019, 04:36 AM   #73
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew View Post
Some folks take a more proactive approach. I swim with my watches. Should I wait for them to fail?
No, but you might just have them pressure tested if they are otherwise working 100%
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2019, 04:44 AM   #74
Brew
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcameron View Post
No, but you might just have them pressure tested if they are otherwise working 100%
Agreed, and thank you for the advice.
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2019, 04:53 AM   #75
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublovin View Post
If you have to ask and can’t tell, then why does it matter?
LOL. Post of the day.

It wouldn't matter to me, because if I bought that watch the first thing I would do would be to get it serviced with a nice polish.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2019, 05:55 AM   #76
smym18
"TRF" Member

I love this thread. Got a kick out of all the responses. Happy you did what you did, 123Blueface.

Very rarely does a username stand out for me and when it does, it's usually not for a positive reason. I'll remember the name Seibei.
smym18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2019, 07:19 AM   #77
Seibei
Banned

Quote:
It was sarcasm.
Won’t be able to read your next response.
Did you poke your eyes out?