The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24 March 2016, 01:43 PM   #11
2Redbulls
"TRF" Member

Watch: I give up..
UPDATE :

Hi Everyone,

So it's been a while and I've worn the YMII in rotation with a couple of other watches. Here's some additional thoughts on the watch and a couple of things that I've noticed that has made the watch even better for me.

After wearing it and comparing it to my Submariner and Yachtmaster, the one thing that I noticed was that it was slightly more difficult for me to pick up the hands on the YMII in low light conditions since my eyes are not great at reading distances. The other thing is when I wanted to track how long something took that was over 10 min. Well, I found a solution for both.

The YMII can be a little busy. Digits around the bezel, markers on the dial for every hour, the counter from 10 to 0, the sub dial for the seconds and the triangular hand for the counter. When I purchased the watch I automatically set the timer to 10min. Having the triangular hand set to 10 min also aligns with 8 o'clock. Not having the 12, 3, 6, 9 markers differentiated from the rest also adds a little confusion if you don't turn your wrist fully to read the time. The solution for me was to change the counter to 5 min instead of 10. Now hear me out. With the triangular hand pointing to 5 min, it aligns the hand to 12. So it gives me a heading, which allows me to triangulate the hour and minute hand much easier. Problem solved!

Next up was the timing of instances longer then 10 min. I realized I could use the timer's red second hand as the placeholder where the minute hand is. Similar to how you use the Submariner bezel by setting it with the minute hand, I set the red "second" hand from the timer to the minute hand for the time and then hit the stop button on the chronograph. This effectively does the same thing as the bezel on the Sub. BINGO, now I can time things up to 60 minutes. Problem solved!

2Redbulls is offline   Reply With Quote