The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 November 2020, 12:02 AM   #31
RayRay89
"TRF" Member

Wempe on 5th is pretty big
RayRay89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2020, 12:29 AM   #32
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Why Boston?

Absolutely no disrespect intended, but genuinely curious as to why Rolex would put the largest Boutique in the country, in that market.

Cheaper rent? Largest doesn’t necessarily mean a whole lot because it should also depend on location too

if you take cost per sq foot into account, the Rolex boutique on 5th ave in NYC has to be the most expensive in the country if not the world (perhaps Hong Kong or ?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2020, 12:31 AM   #33
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

It is pretty random that it is here in Boston. I dont consider that location to be the same as Rodeo drive.. far from it. Its a nice block but Boston is just not LA!
NYG1121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2020, 12:41 AM   #34
Zaslice
"TRF" Member

Has anyone been to the rolex store at the Wynn recently? I was there several years ago and all of the cabinets were FULL. Curious how it looks now
Zaslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2020, 12:42 AM   #35
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemanlee View Post
Cheaper rent? Largest doesn’t necessarily mean a whole lot because it should also depend on location too

if you take cost per sq foot into account, the Rolex boutique on 5th ave in NYC has to be the most expensive in the country if not the world (perhaps Hong Kong or ?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good point Bruce
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2020, 12:48 AM   #36
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
European Watch is just a few blocks away on the same street.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2020, 01:42 AM   #37
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Largest Rolex Boutique in the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR View Post
Below is a recent pic of the Boston storefront that I took when running by there (with my Timex Ironman). The Long's Rolex boutique in Boston will be a nice addition to the area for watch enthusiasts. It's on the same block as a Richard Mille boutique and an AD for Lange/FP Journe/Vacheron/Omega/Panerai/IWC/Hublot/Chopard/etc. Also, Audemars Piguet will open a boutique 1-2 blocks away too.

I'm glad to see the new Long's opening; I too have a photo from their store front recently taken. Note the Migauss in the background.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2020, 03:12 AM   #38
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I wondered if perhaps it has more to do with demographics etc., but I would've thought there are other pasts of the country with more wealth ... if that's one of the considerations.
I'd be more surprised if they opened anywhere else in Boston, but this makes sense to me. The block of Newbury Street where the Rolex boutique will open is one of the priciest (if not the priciest) in the city. Several upscale hotels are nearby, and that block is ground zero for wealthy tourists on shopping sprees -- and there are a LOT of them passing through that area (e.g., wealthy parents of all those college students from BU, BC, Harvard, MIT, Northeastern, Tufts, Emerson, Berklee, etc.). The other nearby watch stores on Newbury Street, such as Shreve Crump & Low and European Watch Company, are often remarkably crowded relative to other stores in the area, even during COVID (which doesn't exactly thrill me). Having AP open on the next block (in 2021 I think?) will add to that too. There's a lot of wealth concentrated around there, as evidenced by the Richard Mille boutique a few doors away. And who knows -- perhaps this is a sign that we might see a few more Rolex boutiques open elsewhere in the US, if retailers are willing to take that risk and pony up the cash like Long's is doing in Boston?
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2020, 11:14 PM   #39
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR View Post
I'd be more surprised if they opened anywhere else in Boston, but this makes sense to me. The block of Newbury Street where the Rolex boutique will open is one of the priciest (if not the priciest) in the city. Several upscale hotels are nearby, and that block is ground zero for wealthy tourists on shopping sprees -- and there are a LOT of them passing through that area (e.g., wealthy parents of all those college students from BU, BC, Harvard, MIT, Northeastern, Tufts, Emerson, Berklee, etc.). The other nearby watch stores on Newbury Street, such as Shreve Crump & Low and European Watch Company, are often remarkably crowded relative to other stores in the area, even during COVID (which doesn't exactly thrill me). Having AP open on the next block (in 2021 I think?) will add to that too. There's a lot of wealth concentrated around there, as evidenced by the Richard Mille boutique a few doors away. And who knows -- perhaps this is a sign that we might see a few more Rolex boutiques open elsewhere in the US, if retailers are willing to take that risk and pony up the cash like Long's is doing in Boston?
Strangely I was up at Springer's in Portsmouth yesterday, where I got my SkyD from a few years back. The store is being made larger and will be converted to a boutique which will also carry Tudor in the future. I'm excited about this as they are in a no tax state, NH.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote