The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 April 2018, 08:37 AM   #1
wnytradingco
"TRF" Member

Questions about Breitling 1884 - J44362

First off—hello to everyone from Buffalo, NY!

I am a first time visitor to this particular forum, I don't tend to deal much in watches. Fossils are my thing, (not the watches, but the former living creatures.)

My family operates a small estate liquidation business and typically only handle antiques. However, a client approached me with a Breitling watch that was part of the estate and asked if we would be able to sell it. (Don't worry, I'm not on here trying to sell it, or even value it, I know better!)

I am simply interested in knowing if anyone can either help me to identify the actual model/year of this watch, or even if someone could point me toward a resource that I could use to identify and value it. (Mostly to determine if it's real.)

It is an 1884 J44362, I cannot attach photos since I am a new member, so I'm not sure how much info I can share. It has the Bentley 'B' in the center of the back, and has the model number, 01/50, and the word Bentley stamped in the back in between the "spokes". The dial on the front does not match recent models and has open "porthole" in the face in place fo the lower additional dial.

Thank you all in advance!
wnytradingco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2018, 12:01 PM   #2
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

The only Bentley model with an open "porthole" would be the milliner tourbillon. The watch you have is most likely fake. Here is a link to the model I'm referencing.

http://www.breitlingsource.com/watch...entley_47.html
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote