The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 November 2020, 12:48 PM   #1
Deepsea Florida
"TRF" Member

Servicing my Hulk

I got my Hulk from an AD in South Florida, back in 2011. The watch needs a service. Everything outside seems ok, but I can hear the rotor when I move my wrist quickly, like it’s loose inside the watch. Watch is still keeping good time, runs a little fast.

What happens, I go to my AD and give them the watch, and they send it to Rolex ? I assume it’s safe to do this and AD gives me a receipt and do they give me a Rolex tracking number ?

I don’t want the service center to polish the watch. Will they follow those instructions ?

How much should this service cost ?
And who do I pay ?
Is it cheaper to have it done at a service center ?
I’m assuming the AD makes some money with the service ?

Are the only service centers in the US....New York, Dallas, and Beverly Hills ?

Thanks
Deepsea Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2020, 01:08 PM   #2
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
If you want your "do not polish" note to be followed it is safest to work directly with RSC and not go through AD as a middle man who could drop that important info. Beverly is walk-in only FYI. Call Dallas and they will tell you how to ship. $750 was basic service last time I did it. No discount for skipping polish.
Old 7 November 2020, 01:16 PM   #3
Deepsea Florida
"TRF" Member

Letting go of my watch is freaking me out.........going to wait till it stops I guess.
Deepsea Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2020, 01:26 PM   #4
Tom5518
Banned

Watch: Air King
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsea Florida View Post
Letting go of my watch is freaking me out.........going to wait till it stops I guess.
Nothing wrong with that, anything that would break because of a lack of service gets replaced anyways.

I can understand your concerns. You can always call the RSC yourself and ask them your questions. I had a couple questions about a 126710 I had recently gotten and the nice lady that answered the phone wasted no time with putting a service technician on the phone to answer my questions. Which the technician answered right away. I was impressed with how they treated me from start to finish.
Tom5518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2020, 04:04 PM   #5
dcash0615
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es
Are you sure it’s the rotor that’s making noise and not the bracelet making noise when you shake your wrist?

If you send in for service, best to work directly with RSC. Eliminates the possibility of any requests (no polishing) being eliminated from your service request.

2FA security active
dcash0615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2020, 04:06 PM   #6
ndrs63
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5518 View Post
Nothing wrong with that, anything that would break because of a lack of service gets replaced anyways.

I can understand your concerns. You can always call the RSC yourself and ask them your questions. I had a couple questions about a 126710 I had recently gotten and the nice lady that answered the phone wasted no time with putting a service technician on the phone to answer my questions. Which the technician answered right away. I was impressed with how they treated me from start to finish.

Based on this, one should not bother servicing his watch, unless it stops working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ndrs63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2020, 04:25 PM   #7
Tom5518
Banned

Watch: Air King
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrs63 View Post
Based on this, one should not bother servicing his watch, unless it stops working.
No sir, not my message at all. What I said is if you don't service it until it croaks, it will all be okay since what would fail would be replaced under a normal service anyways.

For proof, I have my S-serial(circa 1993) Explorer II at the AD right now. It was running fine, but I want it perfect. It was fine, but I decided it was time.
So she's getting the full Monty as we speak. In a couple of days I will be wearing a perfect 27 year old watch.

What I was telling the OP is not to stress about his watch.

Tom5518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2020, 04:55 PM   #8
TankTom
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsea Florida View Post
That makes no sense. You’ll have to send it off at some point anyway. Would you not go to the doctors with a broken arm just because it freaks you out? Wait for it to completely stop working first? It’s a watch - try and relax
TankTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2020, 07:17 PM   #9
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

This was me taking my Hulk to RSC Beverly Hills. Thought it only needed a service, but ended up needing a new pip and crystal (scratch on cyclops). I wore the heck out of it for 7 years before first service - never taking it off to sleep or shower.

Looked absolutely brand new when I picked it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote