The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 March 2021, 08:01 AM   #1
Boopie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
New RSC in Boise, Idaho

My 20-year-old Yachtmaster decided to take a vacation from telling time accurately (last service in 2014) while I was in Idaho. I stopped in the local AD in Boise, Idaho (just a few blocks from the state capitol building), Hal Davis Jewelers. I ended up talking with the on-site watchmaker, and learned that just a few months ago they upgraded their on-site watchmaking shop to become a Rolex Service Center. I’d been taking my watch to the Beverly Hills RSC (except when it closed temporarily about 10 years ago, so I sent it to the Dallas RSC). So, because the watch is overdue for a service, I decided to give them a try.

Their website says they are authorized to send it to an RSC (not that they are one), and it’s not listed as an RSC on the Rolex website. They also send out Daytonas and YMII to one of the three RSC on the Rolex website (NY, BH and Dallas). I have the platinum bezel, and the watchmaker said he didn’t have the tools to polish that one to Rolex specs (because of the way the numbers are on the YM bezel). I could have had them send that out, but I told them to leave it as-is because it’s in good condition. I don’t really want anyone touching the numbers on the bezel.

Because I was able to talk to the watchmaker about my watch’s service history, I thought I’d give them a try. They gave me an estimate for service when I dropped off the watch, and called me the next day as to what the watch service will actually cost. It will be about $850 for a service, and comes with the standard RSC 2-year warranty. I’ll see how it goes.

Oh, and no professional/sports watches in the display cases...
Boopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2021, 11:25 AM   #2
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Let us know how it goes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2021, 01:39 PM   #3
ZOOK
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

I'd like to hear how you service is, also. Boise would be close for me.
ZOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2021, 02:25 PM   #4
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boopie View Post
They gave me an estimate for service when I dropped off the watch, and called me the next day as to what the watch service will actually cost.

Did he also provide an estimated interval?

It sounds as though he was explaining the certification process they achieved for certain models to be serviced in-house and allowed to issue an international 2-yr. warranty card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2021, 10:25 PM   #5
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Good deal. Let us know how it goes.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 04:15 AM   #6
Boopie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
I picked up my watch a few days ago. It was finished about a week before that, but I couldn’t get to it because of work. It took a relatively short time because all of the needed new parts were on-hand. There were watches ahead of mine, but they needed some parts that had to come in from Rolex, so they worked on mine.

It was shiny and new-looking, as expected, and in the new Rolex service pouch. The watchmaker was busy working on other watches, so I wasn’t able to talk to him, but the staff said they replace over 20 internal parts such as mainsprings (all of course with official Rolex parts). My crown didn’t need replacement (which I think was replaced at its initial service in 2007, which cost in total around $500). I also received the official Rolex “Rolex Watch Servicing Around the World, a 10-step guide” booklet detailing the service.

It’s a 20-year old, worn daily ladies’ 29mm Yachtmaster, so obviously a smaller movement, and just has the date complication. I received the new green Rolex service guarantee card, and it now has a 2-year service guaranty. The total cost was $850. I don’t know if that’s comparable to other watches with date complications (eg Sub, DJ).

It’s been on my wrist the past week and it works great! I’m very pleased with the service at Hal Davis. They are about 2 blocks away from the Idaho State Capitol building. I checked the Rolex website the other day and saw that Hal Davis and other local RSCs are now on the map.
Boopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 07:39 AM   #7
Guinness58
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 5 Digit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boopie View Post
I picked up my watch a few days ago. It was finished about a week before that, but I couldn’t get to it because of work. It took a relatively short time because all of the needed new parts were on-hand. There were watches ahead of mine, but they needed some parts that had to come in from Rolex, so they worked on mine.

It was shiny and new-looking, as expected, and in the new Rolex service pouch. The watchmaker was busy working on other watches, so I wasn’t able to talk to him, but the staff said they replace over 20 internal parts such as mainsprings (all of course with official Rolex parts). My crown didn’t need replacement (which I think was replaced at its initial service in 2007, which cost in total around $500). I also received the official Rolex “Rolex Watch Servicing Around the World, a 10-step guide” booklet detailing the service.

It’s a 20-year old, worn daily ladies’ 29mm Yachtmaster, so obviously a smaller movement, and just has the date complication. I received the new green Rolex service guarantee card, and it now has a 2-year service guaranty. The total cost was $850. I don’t know if that’s comparable to other watches with date complications (eg Sub, DJ).

It’s been on my wrist the past week and it works great! I’m very pleased with the service at Hal Davis. They are about 2 blocks away from the Idaho State Capitol building. I checked the Rolex website the other day and saw that Hal Davis and other local RSCs are now on the map.
Any pictures to share? Price sounds reasonable given the replacement parts.
Guinness58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 12:27 PM   #8
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Would love to see pictures as well and thank you for sharing your experience, OP

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote