The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 25 September 2005, 04:09 AM   #1
tpearman
"TRF" Member

Icon14 Rolex GMT 2

For sale is my F8XXXXX series GMT II with blue/red bezel. Great condition, purchased new in May 2005. Comes with paperwork, box, warranty/certification. Missing the manual. Beautiful watch. Great references. Call me on my cell (504) 723.0312 or email me (tpearman@tulane.edu) to discuss the watch. $3395. Thanks! Tim

SOLD!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GMT pepsi 1.jpg (48.8 KB, 796 views)
File Type: jpg GMT pepsi 2.jpg (36.3 KB, 781 views)
File Type: jpg GMT pepsi 4.jpg (34.5 KB, 756 views)
File Type: jpg GMT pepsi 5.jpg (49.9 KB, 759 views)
File Type: jpg GMT pepsi 3.jpg (35.1 KB, 755 views)

Last edited by tpearman; 2 November 2005 at 01:05 AM..
tpearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2005, 04:19 AM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Sorry you have to let that beauty go, Tim. If I were you, I'd hang on to it and rather get rid of the Panny.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2005, 05:25 AM   #3
tpearman
"TRF" Member

Hi JJ:
Actually, I think you might understand...my Panerai has the most beautiful blue face you've ever seen...I'll have to post pictures whenever I'm back in my house in New Orleans and have access to my picture files.

I don't actually HAVE to get rid of the GMT, and have debated for the past couple of weeks. But I'll continue to live out of a suitcase for the next 4 months, until our cancer center reopens, and it's just a hassle carrying around two nice watches.
Old 25 September 2005, 05:30 AM   #4
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpearman
Hi JJ:
Actually, I think you might understand...my Panerai has the most beautiful blue face you've ever seen...I'll have to post pictures whenever I'm back in my house in New Orleans and have access to my picture files.

I don't actually HAVE to get rid of the GMT, and have debated for the past couple of weeks. But I'll continue to live out of a suitcase for the next 4 months, until our cancer center reopens, and it's just a hassle carrying around two nice watches.
Listen up, my friend...if it's not a financial crisis, but just a matter of slight inconvenience, HOLD ALL YOUR HORSES!!!! No point in taking such a BIG hit on such a superb and sought after watch as a GMT-II. It's such a waste and quite pointless.

Please take my advice - hang on to both your babies, cause some day when things are back to normal, you will think back on these days and be very sorry you got rid of the GMT-II. Trust me on this one, Tim, I know what I'm saying.

Cheers and good luck in sorting out the current mess you're in. You have my very best wishes and I'm sure all the rest of these wonderful fellas join me in hoping for ONLY the best for you.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 25 September 2005, 07:07 AM   #5
tpearman
"TRF" Member

Thanks again, JJ! Yes, I'm wearing it right now, and it is quite a superb watch. But, as you know, I've always kind of thought of myself as a one-watch guy, so, I'm just conflicted at the moment! Tim
Old 25 September 2005, 07:43 AM   #6
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Thanks again, JJ! Yes, I'm wearing it right now, and it is quite a superb watch. But, as you know, I've always kind of thought of myself as a one-watch guy, so, I'm just conflicted at the moment! Tim
So be like me!! (Heaven forbid!! )...be a TWO watch guy!!

Old 25 September 2005, 09:15 AM   #7
tpearman
"TRF" Member

Do you have a winder? Or do you wear them on alternate days?
Old 25 September 2005, 04:31 PM   #8
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Do you have a winder? Or do you wear them on alternate days?
I don't like winders. I either wear them on alternate days or sometimes let one lie in its box for a week or ten days and then alternate that one with the one I'm wearing.....and so on.

Somehow, I find the TWO-watch combo very convenient and a nice change of pace. That is why I'm advising you once again NOT to sell the GMT-II....I assure you that you will regret your hasty move later on down the line! Just hang on to it, my friend. You will be so glad you listened to me!!

Good luck in your re-settlement programme.

JJ

Old 26 September 2005, 01:17 AM   #9
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Let me make a suggestion, Tim. If you don't want to carry around two watches, loan your GMT to Tyler (Baseballduck) for a couple of months. Let him get the feel for a Rolex for a little while to let him see if he really wants one of his own down the line.

Hmmm, maybe on second thought that's not such a good idea. You might have a tough time getting it back from him. So, forget it. Bad idea.

But I agree with JJ. DO NOT give up the GMT. Even though it is not the all black, it is still a beautiful watch. If you give it up now, you will regret it later. Just stick it in a pocket of your suitcase or briefcase and keep it socked away during your forced travels.

BTW, is there anything we can do for you during this time of displacement?

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2005, 12:30 AM   #10
tpearman
"TRF" Member

Thanks so much, Ed, for your kind words and offer of assistance. I don't think there's really much anyone can do right now. I'm heading back to Louisiana today, and will be in Mandeville at a temporary clinic for the next four months until the medical school re-opens in New Orleans.

I think you're right about loaning out the watch-anyone who gets their hands on a rolex will eventually decide that they MUST HAVE ONE of their own. As you probably remember, this is the final watch in the 3-bezel GMT combo that I've owned. Oddly, it was the color combo that I liked the least in the pictures, but on my wrist it's the one I like the most. You should try it sometime....might change your mind on the all black....

Tim
Old 18 October 2005, 11:51 AM   #11
tpearman
"TRF" Member

Price Reduced!

Now Sold!!

Last edited by tpearman; 2 November 2005 at 01:06 AM..