The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 20 December 2017, 06:29 AM   #121
Cryptoconniption
"TRF" Member

The negatives were removed because once he realized I wasn't paying he cancelled the sale and therefore it was automatic.

However, I just got a notice like this for for all four auctions I won so it appears there was some action taken by ebay regarding the complaints. Most likely everybody who won this guy's auctions received the same notice and if they paid there is probably an easy recourse for them to recoup. So good job, everybody.:

We've removed an item you recently won:
192393778659 - Rolex Oyster Submariner Mens Green Hulk 40MM estate find just in time for Xmas

It looks like you haven't paid for this item yet, and the seller hasn't shipped the item. Since we've canceled the transaction, please don't send any payment.

We understand that this may be disappointing and hope your future experiences are pleasant and successful. If you have questions, please click "Help & Contact" at the top of most eBay pages.
Cryptoconniption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 06:37 AM   #122
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenciawatchrepair View Post
No. For some reason the mobile link takes you to nothing on a PC. Here's the link from my browser on my PC

https://www.ebay.com/sch/scotgilchri...p2046732.m1684
So surely NOT anulled
Its a MYSTERY
Old 20 December 2017, 06:40 AM   #123
Cryptoconniption
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
So surely NOT anulled
Its a MYSTERY
They are annulled. Click on any of those items in that link and you'll see.

Almost 50 grand worth of profits wiped out! I love it. Merry f'ing Christmas for this guy! LOL
Old 20 December 2017, 06:43 AM   #124
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptoconniption View Post
The negatives were removed because once he realized I wasn't paying he cancelled the sale and therefore it was automatic.

However, I just got a notice like this for for all four auctions I won so it appears there was some action taken by ebay regarding the complaints. Most likely everybody who won this guy's auctions received the same notice and if they paid there is probably an easy recourse for them to recoup. So good job, everybody.:

We've removed an item you recently won:
192393778659 - Rolex Oyster Submariner Mens Green Hulk 40MM estate find just in time for Xmas

It looks like you haven't paid for this item yet, and the seller hasn't shipped the item. Since we've canceled the transaction, please don't send any payment.

We understand that this may be disappointing and hope your future experiences are pleasant and successful. If you have questions, please click "Help & Contact" at the top of most eBay pages.
Interesting.
That said they ALL show as sold.

Something very odd

But GREAT work on your part
adam
Old 20 December 2017, 06:44 AM   #125
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptoconniption View Post
They are annulled. Click on any of those items in that link and you'll see.

Almost 50 grand worth of profits wiped out! I love it. Merry f'ing Christmas for this guy! LOL
Got it
GREAT JOB
Well Done
Adam
Old 20 December 2017, 06:46 AM   #126
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Excellent! Finally!
Valenciawatchrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 06:49 AM   #127
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Just noticed Chattanooga, TN. That would've been only an hour drive for me. I should've went there. lol
Valenciawatchrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 07:22 AM   #128
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by promithius View Post
He's had the neg's removed, will keep an eye on his listings though. Hopefully the 2nd chancers don't get stung.
They will get removed for defamation if he fills in a form so best not to use the word fake etc as there is no proof. Best to say seller's dealings are unprofessional, erratic and rude, so buyers draw their own conclusions.

Looks like ebay removed the items based on multiple fake reports.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 10:34 AM   #129
Canook
"TRF" Member

Watch: too many to list
listings removed.............. finally!
-16610LV KERMIT
-116600 SD4000....16612 Yachtmaster- 16710 PEPSI
-216570(polar)
-
-Yachtmaster II 116688 126300 Datejust 41 jubilee

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
Canook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 10:56 AM   #130
eelpie
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15223, 6305/2
scotgilchris9 is quite the conversationalist . . .

Oh, my, all your auctions were cancelled by eBay.

You must feel awful at losing all that money . . .

"So it was you I thought I had the wrong person blocked?"

There were a lot of people involved in bidding on your trash so no innocent by-stander would get burned.

There were even more people reporting you to eBay, and I apologize for the length of time it took to get your auctions invalidated. You were very unpopular.

Oh, well, better late than never.

I believe I told you early on you'd never see a penny of that money . . .

"Just remember what I said what goes around comes around I hope this is not your business. I have a suit of lawyers I rent to that would love a break on their rent."

Go tell your suit (sic) of lawyers that the intellectual property rip-off fake watches you mislead bidders about on eBay were deleted, and that you were cautioned about your activities by the site.

Then tell them you want to sue the person/persons who reported your illegal activities. They will laugh in your face.

You really need to smarten up if you expect to be successful at this whole phony Rolex thing.

Boo hoo! My children! Boo hoo! My wife! Boo hoo! My three businesses!

Hilarious.
eelpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 11:13 AM   #131
Cryptoconniption
"TRF" Member

If you are going to continue a dialogue with the seller (I don't recommend it) then I would simply point out (and leave it there) that it is illegal to sell counterfeit watches and that the amount of sales he has (nearly $50k) puts him in the category of a felony. If he were to be charged he would have to demonstrate that he had reasonable reason to believe the watches were real. This is unlikely since there have been so many people (some who are self-proclaimed experts and professionals) that have told him his watches are fake. All of this will have been captured in emails to and from ebay. He should feel lucky is he is able to avoid such charges.
Old 20 December 2017, 11:45 AM   #132
eelpie
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15223, 6305/2
There is no doubt in my mind . . .

. . . that the auctions in question were part of a well thought-out scam, and that the seller knew what he was doing from the get-go.

He just happened to come across seven moody Rolexes in authentic boxes, with genuine ephemera? Not likely. I believe he accumulated accessories as window dressing for his grand fraud.

He told me by message that he'd contacted eBay and they were okay with his "I cannot guarantee authenticity" line. We all know that's rubbish, and just making that idiotic statement tells you he's a liar.

An honest seller would have pulled the auctions once the complaints started to come in, but this guy wanted to tough it out and see what he could snare with his feeble caveat.

While I think he is stupid to believe he could get away with it, his plan shows signs of feral cunning, and I doubt we'll see him again, at least under this user ID.

He's convinced he's smarter than the results would indicate, so we might see him again with the same garbage and a new ID.
eelpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 03:07 PM   #133
BigBoss722
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610T, 126613
I'm glad these auctions got pulled. Shame it took so long but at least this guy won't see a penny.
BigBoss722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 06:53 PM   #134
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Well I hope the seller really got his hopes up. $50K not too shabby, the thieving pos.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote