The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 December 2017, 12:12 AM   #91
zoso
"TRF" Member

The Rolex is back! It looks great. I’ll get up pics ASAP. It’s like a new watch.

I have a few questions. I lost like 30 seconds over night and it seems to be falling behind still. I stopped the second hand at 12 and set the time to the next minute on my iPhone. As soon as the time changed, I pushed in the pin on my watch and synced up to my phone. I watched the first few minutes and it was pretty exact, but when I woke up and was like a 30 second difference. Should I mention that to Rik? Is it possible I didn’t wind it enough or maybe new oil? Second, I’m seeing a few marks on the hands that I never noticed, that caught my eye once I was in good light this morning. It makes me think it was from removing the hands, maybe. Is that possible? I’m not sure if it’s something I should also mention or chalk it up and part of the process. I do have before pics, but the angle isn’t good enough to show how the hands looks prior to the work. I’m also seeing a slight ring around the numbers, like a faint white ring which makes me think it was caused by the moisture, only because I never noticed it before. I don’t want to be “that guy” complaining. Just wanted to ask. The watch does look incredible over all. Thanks guys.
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2017, 12:47 AM   #92
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoso View Post
The Rolex is back! It looks great. I’ll get up pics ASAP. It’s like a new watch.

I have a few questions. I lost like 30 seconds over night and it seems to be falling behind still. I stopped the second hand at 12 and set the time to the next minute on my iPhone. As soon as the time changed, I pushed in the pin on my watch and synced up to my phone. I watched the first few minutes and it was pretty exact, but when I woke up and was like a 30 second difference. Should I mention that to Rik? Is it possible I didn’t wind it enough or maybe new oil? Second, I’m seeing a few marks on the hands that I never noticed, that caught my eye once I was in good light this morning. It makes me think it was from removing the hands, maybe. Is that possible? I’m not sure if it’s something I should also mention or chalk it up and part of the process. I do have before pics, but the angle isn’t good enough to show how the hands looks prior to the work. I’m also seeing a slight ring around the numbers, like a faint white ring which makes me think it was caused by the moisture, only because I never noticed it before. I don’t want to be “that guy” complaining. Just wanted to ask. The watch does look incredible over all. Thanks guys.
Handy Tip: - Don't use your iphone clock. Cell phones constantly update their time and are often way out. Use www.time.is

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2017, 01:02 AM   #93
The Libertine
Banned

Watch: 16710;14060;214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Handy Tip: - Don't use your iphone clock. Cell phones constantly update their time and are often way out. Use www.time.is
Glad to read your watch is returned - Agree on time.is too for measuring accuracy.
The Libertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2017, 10:23 PM   #94
zoso
"TRF" Member

So, I used time.is and synced up last night. 12 hours later I’m 20 seconds behind. So I’ve lost 20 seconds in 12 hours. I don’t know, maybe I’m just expecting perfection and i shouldn’t.

It’s snowing at the moment, but I’ll post up some pics today. Thanks again.
Old 16 December 2017, 11:11 PM   #95
tamiya
"TRF" Member

Rik should've timed it after service... no, you're OK in expecting it to keep good time after service.

Perhaps best move is to contact Rik and ask him how it performed on his testing before he returned it to you. Mention it's running slow but you'll hang on to it for a few weeks to observe more & if it's still doing it, maybe he can recheck it again then.

Wind it fully via crown (40-50turns) before checking time keeping.

Also the position you let the watch rest overnight affects the speed. Dial face up usually runs the fastest... (although face down seems to speed up some of mine more).
tamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2017, 11:23 PM   #96
scotth888
"TRF" Member

Bypass the AD and contact Rolex direct. There are probably 8-10 scattered around the US.
scotth888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2017, 11:34 PM   #97
zoso
"TRF" Member

Thanks. I’ll keep an eye on it through out the day and contact Rik about it running on the slow side. Thanks. Here are some photos. What I’m most impressed with is the band. I don’t think I realized that the middle links were so glossy compared to the outter links. It’s really nice to see it so clean. It’s tough to take photos without a glare on the crystal. Thanks guys!!
Old 16 December 2017, 11:43 PM   #98
tamiya
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoso View Post
Thanks. I’ll keep an eye on it through out the day and contact Rik about it running on the slow side. Thanks. Here are some photos. What I’m most impressed with is the band. I don’t think I realized that the middle links were so glossy compared to the outter links. It’s really nice to see it so clean. It’s tough to take photos without a glare on the crystal. Thanks guys!!
Looks great!

Haha did we ever work out how old exactly is that unit?

Thought that could've been old enough to be brushed all over, but maybe it was new enough to have polished centre links. Either way as long as you like it... the shiny polishing goes a bit duller after some wear anyway.

If you're serious about photography... look into "polarising filter" which will help cut glare from shiny things & also snow in background
tamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2017, 11:44 PM   #99
Bstewart
"TRF" Member

Nice watch! Looks great!
Bstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2017, 12:16 AM   #100
henrylee
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN Ceramic
Wow the watch looks great. I would proud to have a piece like that.
Old 17 December 2017, 12:17 AM   #101
jaySL350
"TRF" Member

Watch: BBG,Hulk,16013,DJB
looks fantastic,,,
well done,,,
jaySL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2017, 09:49 AM   #102
zoso
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys, I’m really happy with the results. Feels great to have it back on my wrist.
Old 17 December 2017, 11:57 AM   #103
benvh
"TRF" Member

Looks great, now enjoy wearing it!

Ben
benvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2017, 12:33 PM   #104
viper
"TRF" Member

Looks great! I'm glad it worked out for you.
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2019, 02:15 AM   #105
J.P.Jones
"TRF" Member

I'm a newbie, but I don't imagine that a chronometer should lose or gain 20 seconds per day after being serviced.
J.P.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2019, 02:34 AM   #106
Syed117
"TRF" Member

How do people find these old threads?
Old 25 September 2019, 03:25 AM   #107
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
^ Good question

Good looking watch all cleaned up though
Old 25 September 2019, 06:31 AM   #108
MikeyV
"TRF" Member

Watch: DateJust 41 TT
I'd like to know if it ever went back for regulation?

It's a real beauty!
MikeyV is offline   Reply With Quote