The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 21 February 2018, 06:13 AM   #1
dbdicker
"TRF" Member

ALERT - Authentic watches dot com -- DON'T BUY - REFUSE TO HONOR WARRANTY

Bought an Oris CAL.111 ProPilot from Authentic Watches dot com in February of 2017, with their 3 year 'warranty'. I noticed that the winding stem was a bit 'shaky' on arrival - should have returned it then, but thought it was a small QC imperfection and OK. After occasional use in my rotation, the watch had trouble restarting after a reset - which I informed Authentic Watches about. They said to try shaking the watch, but NOT TO WORRY, as their warranty extended for three years.

In December, the watch stopped completely and refused to run. I returned it to Authentic and they now claim that the watch needs a complete movement "overhaul" and won't do the repairs. They want another $900 for the service.

OF COURSE, there is no watch of any reputable manufacture that requires an overhaul with only occasional use in 7 months. It is clear that this repair is not something they can or want to do in-house, as it is an Oris in-house movement.

So - they merely define the repair as an 'overhaul' and VOILA! -- they don't need to cover it.

I want to warn EVERYONE NOT TO BUY from Authentic watches, particularly if the watch is an in-house movement that can't be handled by any generic watchmaker. THEY WILL NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANTY.

Happy to answer any questions you have on this topic. BUT BEWARE!!!
dbdicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 06:43 AM   #2
Max16013
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 16013
Did you try speaking to the original person you spoke to who said not to worry last year?

And to be fair, their warranty states they will not cover an overhaul.

Still a bum deal, sorry.
Max16013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 10:22 AM   #3
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
Yep, I learned to avoid them when I was considering buying a Tag Monaco from them back in the day.
After my initial due-diligence I found out that it would have arrived with the serial number ground off. No thanks!

I can understand why some "grey" dealers don't provide factory warranty cards/papers, but there has to be something shady going on if they feel the need to grind off the serial number, IMO.
freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2018, 01:42 PM   #4
shinn8
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060,145.022
Thanks for the alert.
shinn8 is offline   Reply With Quote