The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 October 2017, 05:24 PM   #1
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Put in for a Montblanc letter opener

I've been looking for a letter opener for some time now. I've been using a steak knife forever. There's got to be a better way! Originally looking at a Purisme carbon fiber letter opener. I just realized I've been thinking about this for almost 10 years as the Purisme dates to 2008. Well I wasn't lucky enough to get a Purisme but the next best thing seems to be the Montblanc 111468. I can't seem to find much about it though. No text about some exotic wood inlay or paragraph about the designer. It just seems Montblanc treats it as desk fodder. Just Ruthenium plated steel with dark wood inlay. It looks like there's some Marc Newson influence but I can't confirm. Are there any websites that go into detail about such things? It would be fun if there was some brief story behind it other than a summer interns design project. It's stamped as being made in Italy of which seems interesting to me. Much of their other office accessories look to be made in Italy as well.

Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2017, 05:32 PM   #2
tamiya
"TRF" Member

No idea on all this unnecessarily co-branded goods... not something I'd go to MontBlanc boutique to buy. same with their toilette water & travel goods & leather goods.

Was hanging around boutique earlier in the year when some lady rushed in, she asked staff if they sold suspenders. No? How about a shoehorn? No. hmm ok...

Nice pens. Nice ink. Everything else, nah.
tamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2017, 05:54 PM   #3
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiya View Post
No idea on all this unnecessarily co-branded goods... not something I'd go to MontBlanc boutique to buy. same with their toilette water & travel goods & leather goods.

Was hanging around boutique earlier in the year when some lady rushed in, she asked staff if they sold suspenders. No? How about a shoehorn? No. hmm ok...

Nice pens. Nice ink. Everything else, nah.
I went Gray market on the deepest discount I could find. It looks to be a nice piece of kit short of OTF knife. Honestly it was the nicest looking letter opener I could find independent of it being a Montblanc item. I just don't get the sell to upcharge if paying retail at a boutique. They don't really tell you much of anything about it. I had to dig for a week just to find that the wood inlay was glossy. Gloss inlay is what sold me. I like to know why I'm paying what I am for things. Even if they're fluffing my pillow a little. This one I kind of ignored that since it looks nice to me and the price was not completely insane.
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2017, 08:06 AM   #4
will227457
"TRF" Member

I have one incoming for X-mas, I will let you know how I like it...also grey market steep discount
will227457 is offline   Reply With Quote