The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 25 March 2019, 11:39 AM   #91
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
I am now up to 48.
Yeah, they are painful.
Old 25 March 2019, 07:23 PM   #92
zama
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4 Broken glass
I have not contributed to this post until now, I had the pleasure of 11 hours of Kidney stone operations over the space of 5 weeks. I have been dealing with them and passing them for 20 years if not longer. After a 4 hour session of near death ended up in an ER and the MRI showed that my Kidneys were about 35% stones.... still have the images somewhere. They gave me a talking too and said if it was not addressed I may lose a kidney, one week later was I seeing a Surgeon known as the stone king! I asked him is this routine surgery his comments, routine surgery yes, but I have never seen anyone who could have functioned with this many stones. First operation 4.5 hours lithotripsy turned to the max, massive bruising, lots of blood peed but apparently my stones are a rare form (<5% of stones) which form diamond like structure and had been growing for years. So like Deep impact the stones did not crack. I did experience the joy of catheters which I would have for the next 5 weeks. Operation 2 six hours Percutaneous nephrolithotomy to remove the majority of the stones through my back. Final operation was just a wash out. Since then, I have passed the occasional stone a 3mm one came out the other day sharp jagged but it did not hurt which was good.
zama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 10:22 PM   #93
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
I can stand lots of pain because im in pain 24 x7 for 12 years...

in 2012 i had one .....ended up in ER....I was taking 100mg time released morphine for back and 4 10mg perc's a day....which did zero for kidney stones....then they gave me dilaudid in my IV which was like heroin hitting your brain but it did kill the pain.I had surgery to brake it up and passed without to much pain....something i never want to have them again.....I remember Al Swearengen on Deadwood HBO show had kidney stones....thats how i felt....to this day i cant watch that episode.
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 10:43 PM   #94
RationalPragmatist
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
There's an herbal supplement that's claimed to be able to break up stones - Chanca Piedra
RationalPragmatist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 01:30 AM   #95
Blah114aa
Banned

Watch: Iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by zama View Post
I have not contributed to this post until now, I had the pleasure of 11 hours of Kidney stone operations over the space of 5 weeks. I have been dealing with them and passing them for 20 years if not longer. After a 4 hour session of near death ended up in an ER and the MRI showed that my Kidneys were about 35% stones.... still have the images somewhere. They gave me a talking too and said if it was not addressed I may lose a kidney, one week later was I seeing a Surgeon known as the stone king! I asked him is this routine surgery his comments, routine surgery yes, but I have never seen anyone who could have functioned with this many stones. First operation 4.5 hours lithotripsy turned to the max, massive bruising, lots of blood peed but apparently my stones are a rare form (<5% of stones) which form diamond like structure and had been growing for years. So like Deep impact the stones did not crack. I did experience the joy of catheters which I would have for the next 5 weeks. Operation 2 six hours Percutaneous nephrolithotomy to remove the majority of the stones through my back. Final operation was just a wash out. Since then, I have passed the occasional stone a 3mm one came out the other day sharp jagged but it did not hurt which was good.
I am sorry to read/hear of this..

did you have stones sampled? did you make any recommended dietary changes... post OP.
Blah114aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 01:31 AM   #96
Blah114aa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalPragmatist View Post
There's an herbal supplement that's claimed to be able to break up stones - Chanca Piedra
I am not scoffing at this.. I really would like to know if this stuff works. I've read much mixed things about that.
Old 26 March 2019, 01:49 AM   #97
swils8610
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I had a stone that was on the move a week before leaving for vacation. The doctor said it was passable in size. He told me if I didn’t pass and went on vacation out of the country I was going AMA. I tried everything for that week...if it was on the internet I tried it. 3 shots of olive a day to lube it up to make it pass, drinking a cup of lemon juice a day and pounded water. One if my employees mother was into herbs and holistic stuff...she gave me bottle with an eye dropper in it...you mixed it with a cup of water. Just 3 drops. The most heinous sh*t I ever tasted. Stone didn’t pass but on my way out the the door to the doctor, I had pieces of stone in my urine. Went to the doctor to have it removed...and it was in little pieces when he went to get it out. Luckily no stent! No clue what that stuff was or if it worked or not...but no stent was the best news I’d gotten. Couldn’t go on vacation with a stent in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 02:06 AM   #98
blevine
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub C with date
I had one and it was absolute torture. I thought my appendix had burst.

Went to the er and they gave me some pain medication and something to dialate my tubes to help it pass.

Drank a ton of water and it came out.

Wouldn’t wish that pain on anyone and thankfully it hasn’t happened again. Fingers crossed if never does.
blevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 02:58 AM   #99
swils8610
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalPragmatist View Post

That’s the stuff! I can’t say 100% that it worked...but after taking it for a week I did have little pieces of stone come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2019, 12:14 AM   #100
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Update:

Stone arrived a week ago (Wednesday). Took Advil to keep the pain in check. Friday went to Dr. had CT scan and stone was up from bladder a couple of inches. Took Toradol, Tylenol and Flomax.
Sunday pain went away I thought so stopped taking drugs. 24 hours later I thought stone passed. Went to Dr. on Monday and although I had no pain to speak of, stone was still there. His theory was it was not round and had turned allowing some urine to escape past from the kidney to the bladder, hence not much pain.

Surgery yesterday (Wednesday) Hot poker up the ying yang. 2 stones removed. A stent installed with a ripcord which I pull out later today which is Thursday. Should be fun. Not much real pain, a lot of blood in urine, mild discomfort. Life goes on.

To those still suffering, hope yours passes painlessly or you have an easy procedure.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 12:00 AM   #101
Blah114aa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
Update:

Stone arrived a week ago (Wednesday). Took Advil to keep the pain in check. Friday went to Dr. had CT scan and stone was up from bladder a couple of inches. Took Toradol, Tylenol and Flomax.
Sunday pain went away I thought so stopped taking drugs. 24 hours later I thought stone passed. Went to Dr. on Monday and although I had no pain to speak of, stone was still there. His theory was it was not round and had turned allowing some urine to escape past from the kidney to the bladder, hence not much pain.

Surgery yesterday (Wednesday) Hot poker up the ying yang. 2 stones removed. A stent installed with a ripcord which I pull out later today which is Thursday. Should be fun. Not much real pain, a lot of blood in urine, mild discomfort. Life goes on.

To those still suffering, hope yours passes painlessly or you have an easy procedure.
I just saw this and hope you're well by now.
Old 14 May 2019, 12:30 AM   #102
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah114aa View Post
I just saw this and hope you're well by now.
Thanks. Went to Hawaii a few days after the surgery. All is well.

I have no idea what caused it but now I drink a 16oz glass of water every day with lemon juice in it as well as the 80 oz of regular water that I usually drink.

Who knows why I got it.
Old 14 May 2019, 12:50 AM   #103
BreguetRolex
Banned

Watch: TIMEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
Thanks. Went to Hawaii a few days after the surgery. All is well.

I have no idea what caused it but now I drink a 16oz glass of water every day with lemon juice in it as well as the 80 oz of regular water that I usually drink.

Who knows why I got it.
You and I sure have lots in common here..! I had a terrible bout with a Kidney Stone about 12 years ago when I was a fat porker, Then I use to drink a 2litre bottle of Mountain Dew every other day and no water to speak of. Well since then I have never had a other bout of a stone in about 13 years now. Like you I happen to drink 5-6 22OZ glasses of water every single day and do take a cranberry supplement plus I shed 115lbs too...I am thinking my new lifestyle of the last 12+ years has played a huge role in no more stones. I only had one and one time only but i remember it like it was yesterday...
BreguetRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2019, 12:59 AM   #104
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreguetRolex View Post
You and I sure have lots in common here..! I had a terrible bout with a Kidney Stone about 12 years ago when I was a fat porker, Then I use to drink a 2litre bottle of Mountain Dew every other day and no water to speak of. Well since then I have never had a other bout of a stone in about 13 years now. Like you I happen to drink 5-6 22OZ glasses of water every single day and do take a cranberry supplement plus I shed 115lbs too...I am thinking my new lifestyle of the last 12+ years has played a huge role in no more stones. I only had one and one time only but i remember it like it was yesterday...
Yeah, that was my first one. Not pleasant.

I don't eat much stuff with salt in it and have no real idea why it happened.

The hospital bill was 60 grand. Non emergency room. I was there 3 hours. We have good insurance but 60 grand. Wow.
Old 14 May 2019, 12:09 PM   #105
Blah114aa
Banned

I think there’s a misconception about stones.... you can help avoid them, but my doctor says there are people whom drink profuse amounts of water daily, that still have stones. On the other hand, cutting out soda is a great thing health wise.

I’ve been drinking more water daily for sure. And I try to avoid soda as much as possible.

One thing upon which we agree is the pain is at a level beyond comprehension.. and what’s crazy is it goes away as quickly as it returns, with little reason.