The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 March 2019, 04:39 AM   #31
derekhayden
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor BBGMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
have you been to greenspoint?
Touche' ......so bad I don't even consider it a Mall anymore.
derekhayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 04:45 AM   #32
tpool
"TRF" Member

The AD is in a city outlying my area. I don’t want to provide the name at this time due to the fact he is technically an AD through the end of April. It’s not something he’s advertising & I completely understand. I’m not making this up. I’m simply letting other forum members know it’s growing at a rapid pace. Historically I’ve not had much success with big Houston dealers.
I’d gladly appreciate any recommendations for a new AD since mine is now gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 04:49 AM   #33
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpool View Post
the ad is in a city outlying my area. I don’t want to provide the name at this time due to the fact he is technically an ad through the end of april. It’s not something he’s advertising & i completely understand. I’m not making this up. I’m simply letting other forum members know it’s growing at a rapid pace. Historically i’ve not had much success with big houston dealers.
I’d gladly appreciate any recommendations for a new ad since mine is now gone.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
d&d
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 04:49 AM   #34
WatchLurv
Banned

Watch: Swiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juantxo View Post
I'm sorry for that one dealer but I'll celebrate each step Rolex takes to finish with the gray market.

Is that why you find every watch brand under the sun on Chrono24 represented by a grey dealer? You’re talking about wishful thinking here. You can’t control a free market.
WatchLurv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 04:52 AM   #35
doboy007
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/LVc/SkyD/ND41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
Depends, if it is directly owned by Rolex then, I’m not up in my law, but saying your out of stock and feeding gray market, I’m not even sure that is legal. And even if it is, if found out would be a black mark on one of the most respected brands in existence.

I heard only one boutique in the world (one in Switzerland) is actually owned by Rolex. Rest are not.
doboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 04:54 AM   #36
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
Depends, if it is directly owned by Rolex then, I’m not up in my law, but saying your out of stock and feeding gray market, I’m not even sure that is legal. And even if it is, if found out would be a black mark on one of the most respected brands in existence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doboy007 View Post
I heard only one boutique in the world (one in Switzerland) is actually owned by Rolex. Rest are not.
correct

Furthermore a business can legally sell or not sell to whoever they want as long as they dont discriminate on race, sex, religion, or any other protected class.

May be against Rolex rules, but its not illegal. I can exclusively sell my products below market price to flippers all i want and exclude legitimate collectors if it floats my boat.... doesnt matter what the product is.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 23 March 2019, 05:03 AM   #37
ZOOK
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
correct

Furthermore a business can legally sell or not sell to whoever they want as long as they dont discriminate on race, sex, religion, or any other protected class.

May be against Rolex rules, but its not illegal. I can exclusively sell my products below market price to flippers all i want and exclude legitimate collectors if it floats my boat.... doesnt matter what the product is.

I assume Rolex can drop an AD without having to provide an explanation. So if Rolex disagree with an AD business practices, they end the relationship. No real recourse for the AD.
ZOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 05:05 AM   #38
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOK View Post
I assume Rolex can drop an AD without having to provide an explanation. So if Rolex disagree with an AD business practices, they end the relationship. No real recourse for the AD.
of course.

Not sure why people assume selling to the grey market is why any of these AD's lose their status. Its probably not the reason.

As i posted earlier there is a clear trend based on location (malls), suburbs close to a city, non chains. Its a far more plausible explanation of what is going on.

Yet the conspiracy of the grey market always gets the traction.... and people even call them "the greys" , like they are aliens. what's up with that?
"Grey aliens, also referred to as Zeta Reticulans, Roswell Greys, or Grays, are purported extraterrestrial beings whose existence is discussed in ufological, paranormal, and New Age communities and who are named for their unique skin color" they are people who are selling these watches, not aliens
Old 23 March 2019, 05:20 AM   #39
EDL7
"TRF" Member

Some day..Rolex is going to need those AD's they gave the knife in the back to..
Recession is coming soon my accountant said today..all the indicators are there..
Maybe we wont have to wait that long..for the pendulum to swing the other way..
Making those smaller AD's pony up all that cash for mandatory upgrades..only to be given the axe a few weeks later..it doesn't get more unethical than that..
EDL7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 05:59 AM   #40
Norbert
"TRF" Member

All the Galleria AD's lost their Rolex status when Rolex gave Deutsch & Deutsch a boutique in the Galleria. This was to help the expense of having a Rolex only shop! Are they going to open one up at Memorial City also?
Norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 06:01 AM   #41
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
All the Galleria AD's lost their Rolex status when Rolex gave Deutsch & Deutsch a boutique in the Galleria. This was to help the expense of having a Rolex only shop! Are they going to open one up at Memorial City also?
i think it was more the fact they kept their mall location because they were a mono brand store and the others were not. Fits in better that area of the mall if you are going to have a mall location. That boutique has been there for a while i think and were there at the same time as other AD's who sold Rolex.

The AD they put in in that tiny strip mall outside of memorial city hospital has to be on the chopping block too. You cant even get in there to park let alone walk inside. Its ridiculous and they have terrible stock even by current standards.

honestly i think they are only an AD because the hospital looks like a giant crown
Old 23 March 2019, 06:07 AM   #42
R!$
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey View Post
Whilst I understand your anger, you do not have all the information as to why Rolex made their decision.
Although he may have only one side of the store; nevertheless it is a loss for both consumer and retailer.
R!$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 06:09 AM   #43
R!$
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchLurv View Post
Is that why you find every watch brand under the sun on Chrono24 represented by a grey dealer? You’re talking about wishful thinking here. You can’t control a free market.
Wow thats a but extreme but I can understand the sentiment

Hopefully with the waitlist dropped we should see a clearer supply chain
R!$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 06:13 AM   #44
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
I can only think of 3 official Rolex AD's that exist in Houston: D&D, the boutique in the Galleria, and the one jeweler out near Beltway 8 and I10 close to Memorial City Mall. I didn't even know there were any other AD's in Houston.
texasmade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 06:17 AM   #45
madugo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
They sent a shipment of stock on a Monday then sent a letter later in the week basically saying “ you will not be an AD after April 30th”. They were already 10s of thousands into a remodel just to please Rolex which is lost now. This AD is a super nice honest business; it really angers me they are doing this to so many.

I know who are you talking about. I was notified yesterday as well.
madugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 06:37 AM   #46
platinum574
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub Date, SD43, DJ
Care to name them OP??
platinum574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 06:40 AM   #47
tpool
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madugo View Post
I know who are you talking about. I was notified yesterday as well.

Then you know they are super nice & honest. I’m really sad for them & hate to lose them.

tpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 06:41 AM   #48
airpeace
Banned

hearsay
airpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 06:46 AM   #49
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear that.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 08:48 AM   #50
pkincy
"TRF" Member

I would hope they would allow them to sell the existing stock and authorize the warranty cards until the stock is gone.
pkincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 08:52 AM   #51
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
This. Tourneau and Ben Bridge lost Rolex when the Boutique opened. Deutsch got the exclusive for ponying up the money for the Boutique, no misconduct from the others.
Ben Bridge is a chain whose owner is “the” AD, not all of their locations have had Rolex ever. May or may not be true but the Memorial City location told me it was a corporate decision versus a Rolex decision for them to consolidate at the Willowbrook location. Karat 22 was taken off the Rolex website in January but still had stock, the owner told me they were trying to work things out.
This new report may be them, IW Marks on Bellaire, Lewis Jewelers in Clear Lake are, or Thomas Markle at Memorial City and The Woodlands. It’s not Deutsch. I’m going to guess IW Marks.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 09:06 AM   #52
Mad Hatter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackLVG View Post
I love how we kept getting new threads of my ad lost their Rolex license, but no one ever name drops their name.
Right?! I mean c'mon, obviously that is going to be the #1 next question that everyone wants to know. Goofy.
Mad Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 09:06 AM   #53
doboy007
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/LVc/SkyD/ND41
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDL7 View Post
Some day..Rolex is going to need those AD's they gave the knife in the back to..
Recession is coming soon my accountant said today..all the indicators are there..
Maybe we wont have to wait that long..for the pendulum to swing the other way..
Making those smaller AD's pony up all that cash for mandatory upgrades..only to be given the axe a few weeks later..it doesn't get more unethical than that..
Chicken little much? As much as I want it to happen, it would take more than a normal recession to cool off this Rolex market.
doboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 09:58 AM   #54
Vanmarsenille
"TRF" Member

Quote:
d&d
Wrong.
Vanmarsenille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 10:05 AM   #55
ZOOK
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
The AD is in a city outlying my area. I don’t want to provide the name at this time due to the fact he is technically an AD through the end of April. It’s not something he’s advertising & I completely understand. I’m not making this up. I’m simply letting other forum members know it’s growing at a rapid pace. Historically I’ve not had much success with big Houston dealers.
I’d gladly appreciate any recommendations for a new AD since mine is now gone.

Quote:
d&d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanmarsenille View Post
Wrong.

I think you may be confused. Tyler was recommending a replacement AD.
ZOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 10:12 AM   #56
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by doboy007 View Post
I'm saying being a boutique doesn't guarantee that wouldn't happen.
I agree.. A boutique is just an AD that only sells Rolex.. I don't believe Rolex can own/operate any of their own stores
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 10:19 AM   #57
Juantxo
Banned

Quote:
Correct.
Juantxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 10:32 AM   #58
Dr Watches
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkincy View Post
I would hope they would allow them to sell the existing stock and authorize the warranty cards until the stock is gone.
Yes and no. They can obviously still sell the stock. They can also activate the warranty cards... until they are no longer an AD. Anything that hasn’t been activated at they point is sans warranty.
Dr Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 10:35 AM   #59
Vanmarsenille
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think you may be confused. Tyler was recommending a replacement AD.
I was mistaken. I thought he was suggesting D&D were losing their AD status. My mistake. Apologies.
Vanmarsenille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 10:35 AM   #60
Dr Watches
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoveWatch View Post
I agree.. A boutique is just an AD that only sells Rolex.. I don't believe Rolex can own/operate any of their own stores
It’s easier to police fewer independent “boutiques”, and the “boutiques” are less likely to screw around since Rolex is 100% of their revenue.

This assumes Rolex cares about the gray’s buying out the backdoor - which I’m not sure they do.
Dr Watches is offline   Reply With Quote