The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 16 December 2008, 01:47 PM   #1
vince211
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-c
seller "marcjay48" - first purchase looking for references on this member

Hello,

Looking to purchase a watch from this board member (marcjay48 aka Marc Feldman). I mean no disrespect to him or the integrity of TRF but I just don't want to be a fraud victim. Need your help!

Looking to see if anyone has dealings with him? It is weird, he is a member of WUS, TZ, WN. However, he places for sale ads on only TZ. I have searched and have not been able to find responses from board members about their dealings with him. The feedback always seem to be him posting replies to his original for sale threads saying thanks to the forum, and then always references the seller by first name - never their board name. Thus, I was not able to pm any of the watch buyers. Again, I honestly hope I am digging into it too much and I hope if he is legit he does not take offense to me being overly cautious.

He does not use pm on any of the boards as his main method of communication (prefers golfer1i@yahoo.com). There is a older thread on WN of him and the F-word (fraud) brought up - not so much that he is involved, more like someone was apparently posing as him but the real Marc Feldman did not care to clear his name. I will be in contact with this person tomorrow and will go over the details with him about the alleged mix up and/or lack of response to wanting to clear his good name. I have also asked marcjay48 to email me pics from his board account to ensure that his account wasn't taken over by some fraudulent person posing to be him. I specifically asked for pics with the serial number showing so I could check with rolex. I am hoping this was a mix up and that Marc Feldman aka marcjay48 is a stand-up guy. Nevertheless, I am nervous and that is why I am posting this thread.

Any insight you could provide me would be helpful.

The cell number he gave me and another board member I did successfully pm was indeed the same, as was his email address. The email address also matches that on his profile on the board. Am I ok to proceed at this point if the email and cell numbers match what a fellow board member has referenced as well on a successful and legit transaction? What else can I do?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Vince.
vince211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2008, 02:05 PM   #2
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATEJUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
Hi Vince WELCOME TO TRF!!! I would say trust your instinct...make it simple if you dont feel comfy DONT DO IT!!! there are a lot of people here that can help you find a watch and who and where to buy!!!
Old 16 December 2008, 02:10 PM   #3
mfer
"TRF" Member

I PM'ed you already, but I wanted to post this for other people to know that he sells legit watches.

I bought this from Marc and I recently had it serviced at Cartier Dallas Service Center by Francis. They would not service a fake, so it must be real!

member#3242
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2008, 02:28 PM   #4
vince211
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-c
Thanks for the pm and the reply! That makes me feel a bit better. Any other experiences out there? I really want this deal to work out! I did pm some of the goodguy reviews on WN as well. Compiling the case. So far the gentleman's email address, physical address, and cell number all match up with at least one other board members transactional data.

Also - I want to make it very clear that this thread is more directed at relieving my nervousness about my first purchase with an absolute stranger. It is not meant in any way to disrespect or tarnish any positive reputation of marcjay48.

I did speak with him (marc feldman) on the phone and feel comfortable. I just want to make sure it was Marc Feldman I spoke to! It's just that I've been scammed before and felt just as comfortable then too. Like I said, that one thread regarding the "F" word had me worried. I will be talking to that individual tomorrow. I don't understand myself why one would not want to clear their name of this, but perhaps that is a question best left for him to answer.

I fully intend on circling back when this is over with my experiences (hopefully positive) for future folks.

Thanks again and cheers.

Thanks for the welcome.

Vince.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfer View Post
I PM'ed you already, but I wanted to post this for other people to know that he sells legit watches.

I bought this from Marc and I recently had it serviced at Cartier Dallas Service Center by Francis. They would not service a fake, so it must be real!

vince211 is offline   Reply With Quote