The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 September 2006, 01:16 AM   #1
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Expensive Vintage Rolex Parts.

Advertised on another nameless forum.
1.SUPER RARE NEW OLD STOCK CONDITION FACTORY ORIGINAL ROLEX BEZEL AND INSERT FOR 5508, 6536 JAMES BOND SUBMARINER MODELS. YOU WILL NEVER SEE THIS AGAIN...EVEN ROLEX SERVICE CENTERS DO NOT CARRY THIS ITEM. COMPLETE THAT COLLECTORS PIECE WITH THE RIGHT PART!!! PRICE IS $3000.00, ONO. ROLEX TRADES ARE ENCOURAGED.

Note: just the bezel only and insert, no fixing wire!

2. Sub 5508 dial and hands
T<25 type, all white in near mint condition. $2000.00
serious inquiries only please

No.4,No questions of authenticity like other crystals being generic or not. It was never lose out of package. As far as I know Rolex does not supply this crystal anymore and I can not get them.

This is a brand new MIP tropic 16 Rolex crystal. Packaged has never been opened, and is used for small crown Sub Bond and will fit any 5508, 6536 and 6205 Bond Subs. Should be installed by an authorized Rolex watchmaker to get the full benefits of weatherproofing.

$500.00 USD shipping included.

Just for a Crystal!!!

Well for myself would judge, cannot be truly a Bond Sub because the true bond Sub was a large crown model and thats down to four models either the 6200, 6538A, 6538,or 5510 .
But quite a price for just a few vintage Rolex parts $5500 for just a very small bit of a vintage watch.

JJ please excuse all spelling mistakes.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2006, 01:18 AM   #2
C.J.
"TRF" Member

I know very little about vintage pieces, but that seems VERY expensive for parts
Old 27 September 2006, 01:45 AM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J. View Post
I know very little about vintage pieces, but that seems VERY expensive for parts
Well would agree Craig but for some one to replace say a damaged part and trying to keep 100% authentic no.Some of the very early Subs are now starting to approach telephone number prices,and most of these parts now much rarer than rocking horse ####.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2006, 10:55 AM   #4
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Like anything else, if you only knew then what you know now.
Old 27 September 2006, 12:26 PM   #5
mike
"TRF" Member

Really shows the direction vintage pieces have taken. Sadly as Rolex curtails support for more and more of these old references prices for all existing parts will only rise.
It's amazing how even the price of "common" vintage pieces has headed north.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2006, 12:30 PM   #6
wonghonchung

Holy crap! That's damn expensive for a few measly parts! I can't believe how ridiculous the Rollie vintage craze has gotten, especially with the Paul Newman Daytonas.
wonghonchung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2006, 06:39 PM   #7
makeitwork
"TRF" Member

it's the forums and enhanced knowledge

i find that anything with long history that it of true excelence is becomming rediculous in price. i bet if you look back to when the rolex forums and what not started gainimg popularity the prices started skyrocketing. give someome a reason to think of or remember something of their youth or history and they just want another. lots of older peoople too that have their life long savings adding into the millions that aren't too concerned on price if they can find that particular item. another VERY good example is jbl speakers. some big jbl enthusiast forums sprang up a few years back and provided tons of info an awareness of the true art of these items back in their hay day and suddenly the prices are just plain unbelieveable. got an old set of jbls or altecs (the green painted frame ones with horns) you ought to check what they are selling for on ebay. it will blow your mind. check out this one:

$9500 and climbing and not even original cabinets
http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-Hartsfield-S...mZ130030124763

how about a paragon $9000 and climbing, a true work of art, these sold a couple of years ago for under $2000:
http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-Paragon-D440...mZ150036366502

look at this pretty standard big clunker at $4000 and climbing, this would be under a grand if you could find a buyer a few years ago but most likely a garage sale or goodwill item...:
http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-Sovereign-C6...mZ180032313245

i think there also someting to be said about people realizing products of today are usually fairly junky and disposable with 5 year expected life and built by marketing departments more than engineers with true passion for excelence.

seriously, true passion and art is fast becomming a thing of the past in regards to products as nobody wants to pay the price for something built to this grade of excelence and precision. like all the custom woodgrain plastic ic cars these days. an i supposed to be fooled... i've got a jag from the days of jag not ford and there's no mistaking the fact that it is real burl wood all from the same area of the tree all hand assembled where the grains flow from panel to panel. the doors inserts have the same area of the tree centered on all panels so they have a similar appearance with varriance of course as each piece of the veneer digs deeper into the tree. mine is kinda cool as it has a bit of an erry look of an old man in the centered proption and he's looking at me from all over the car. now it's just plastic that looks like wood... i'd rather it just be painted like the exterior like many car makers are catching on to, at least i don't feel like someone's thinks they fooled me with plastic luxury...

anyway, more ranting.

lets all have fun making our rolex's value skyrocket. trust me, buy more now, i bet good classics will go up in value at least 25% per year if not more like 100% per year in the comming yeas as is happening with many collectors pieces that aren't just trinkets but true signs of class, amazing egineering, and the like. fad trinkets always fade, stuff like this just get's better

oh yeah, the reason i'm here:

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/...6/9/27/bb1.jpg

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/...6/9/27/bb2.jpg

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/...6/9/27/bb3.jpg

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/...6/9/27/bb4.jpg

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/...6/9/27/bb5.jpg

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/...6/9/27/bb6.jpg

c-ya later
makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2006, 06:41 PM   #8
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Man, if your posts get any longer, the rest of us are staying at home!!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2006, 06:44 PM   #9
makeitwork
"TRF" Member

true that

the later it gets the more the mind doesn't let go. could you imagine that i have a hard time sleeping???
makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2006, 06:47 PM   #10
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitwork View Post
the later it gets the more the mind doesn't let go. could you imagine that i have a hard time sleeping???
From the length of your post, yes I can imagine you must have a hard time sleeping!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2006, 08:22 PM   #11
mike
"TRF" Member

Interesting comments guys. I doubt that at the time Rolex thought many of these pieces would reach the status they have today.
I find it a testament to the quality and craftsmanship that many of these pieces survive in the condition they are today. They were built as tools to provide a function and survive in an enviornment that would leave lesser watches wanting.
As new money and interest comes into the vintage arena naturally the prices will rise. This isn't something limited to vintage or "collectable" watches, but occurs in many endevors.
While certain vintage sports models approach(and in some cases surpass) their contemporary breathern it's important to realise these watches were never cheap compared to others of their day. The $245.00 dollars I spent in1968 for a GMT was a lot of money in those days for a watch.
It's also important to understand that Rolex makes a lot more watches today than it did in those days. How many examples of some of these references exist today? How many are still period correct? Rarity and history breed interest.
It's easy to say that's just nuts to spend that kind of money (and in some cases Iwould agree), but the real tragedy is a company that has such a rich and wonderfull heritage has decided to no longer support some of the very pieces that brought it to where it is.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2006, 11:06 PM   #12
----

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitwork View Post
i've got a jag from the days of jag not ford and there's no mistaking the fact that it is real burl wood all from the same area of the tree all hand assembled where the grains flow from panel to panel. the doors inserts have the same area of the tree centered on all panels so they have a similar appearance with varriance of course as each piece of the veneer digs deeper into the tree. mine is kinda cool as it has a bit of an erry look of an old man in the centered proption and he's looking at me from all over the car. now it's just plastic that looks like wood... i'd rather it just be painted like the exterior like many car makers are catching on to, at least i don't feel like someone's thinks they fooled me with plastic luxury...
Pre-Ford Jags......here's mine (long gone but not forgotten):

Not a great picture but I have not been able to find some of the better ones I took when I had the car (this one was using a very old digital camera).

I know what you mean about the burl walnut - incredible woodwork inside the car. Unfortunately the trade off was Lucas electrical components.

Mine was a 5.3 litre V12.....nice, but can you say "inboard brakes"?