The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 25 September 2017, 02:25 AM   #31
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem7v View Post
They could easily solve this but making pushers designed the way they are on the diver. I know on the diver those aren't pushers, but a pusher could easily be designed the same way.

AP actually has all the tools necessary to really push themselves to a whole new level. For whatever reason they just don't have the brain. They focus constantly on the 44mm, and the super high end, and ignore everything else it looks like.

Or, they just don't care. Majority of the clients just buy the watch to flaunt. They don't care necessarily what it looks like.
Not really sure what you mean about the Diver pushers?

The ceramic pushers and angled crown guards are a def improvement on the old rubber ones which are dated and rather quaint now.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 02:32 AM   #32
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Not really sure what you mean about the Diver pushers?

The ceramic pushers and angled crown guards are a def improvement on the old rubber ones which are dated and rather quaint now.
+1

The rubber on the divers was the only thing i didn't like. I would have preferred ceramic
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 03:56 AM   #33
Urooj
Banned

Some serious enabling

Collectively beautiful!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7876.jpg (226.7 KB, 474 views)
Urooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 04:12 AM   #34
Betta01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urooj View Post
Collectively beautiful!
Agree.. super tempted to get this before..

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk
Betta01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 05:08 AM   #35
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I agree the 42's are due for a revamp. Maybe in SIHH 2018 we'll see some nice updates. Right now, I'd probably go for a diver if buying a 42mm piece.
KBM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 09:21 AM   #36
Vaxe
"TRF" Member

Hoping for ceramic bezels on the 42, imo would be perfect even without 44's button pushers
Vaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 12:54 PM   #37
Rodders
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DD, AP ROO
This is like asking what is the best color. Its simply a matter of preference. Personally i think every one of the 44mm ROO are hideous looking, so I wont buy one. Love both the blue and the black ROO's as well as the older models like the Panda. Cant wait to get my own... buying the vampire on my next stop thru Hong Kong in jan!! I plan to buy the SS bracelet and rubber diver band as well... will post pics of the beauty when i get it.
Rodders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 02:21 PM   #38
Betta01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
This is like asking what is the best color. Its simply a matter of preference. Personally i think every one of the 44mm ROO are hideous looking, so I wont buy one. Love both the blue and the black ROO's as well as the older models like the Panda. Cant wait to get my own... buying the vampire on my next stop thru Hong Kong in jan!! I plan to buy the SS bracelet and rubber diver band as well... will post pics of the beauty when i get it.
Are AP cheaper in HK??

Betta01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 02:32 PM   #39
Rodders
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DD, AP ROO
Yes very much so. Im currently working in Australia but live in Canada... ill probably save 10k buying in HK. Surprised someone from Singers asks this.
Rodders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 04:57 PM   #40
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
For me the 44 are too big. They are silly big on my wrist.

The 42's are perfect (to me).
Old 25 September 2017, 04:58 PM   #41
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaxe View Post
Hoping for ceramic bezels on the 42, imo would be perfect even without 44's button pushers
Are a couple of them already. Forged Carbon Bumblebee and Diver.
Old 25 September 2017, 05:33 PM   #42
LAFLARE
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urooj View Post
Collectively beautiful!
Urooj, I went to my local AD to try on AP's and as soon as I put on this watch I simply did not want to take it off! I took it off and put it back on several times. It doesn't look as good in pictures that I have seen as I'd like to give it credit for, but that is a great shot (and watch) you have there! I am not a big fan of the aesthetics of the strap, but I can confidently say that this was THE watch that pushed me closer towards AP when I was still on the fence.
LAFLARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 05:36 PM   #43
LAFLARE
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
This is indeed a thread matter of personal preference as I stand quite oppositely of you as I am completely captured by the 44mm's. Either way, we are on the same team rooting for AP's. Would love to see some pics when you pick it up!
LAFLARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 05:43 PM   #44
civico
"TRF" Member

Both the 44s and 42s are great looking watches. 44s dials tend to have a sharper looking dials while the 42s dials offer a classic look that may age well with time...IMO.
Which ever one chooses, you will not go wrong as it offers excellent wrist presence.

I have a 7.5” wrist and a 42mm ROO RG. With the combination of its size and height on my wrist, it has the right feel and look to it.
Ultimately, beauty is in the eyes of the beholders and it is the reason why we buy what we had bought.
Old 25 September 2017, 05:58 PM   #45
Golf&Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta01 View Post
I like the 42 for the smaller size plus I find the pusher design of the 44 too bulky..

I feel exactly the same with regard to the pusher design. It detracts from the elegant case shape to my eye, and on all but the biggest 8" plus wrist it looks truly awful to me. My good old Safari from 2007 is still looking good and worn reasonably often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Golf&Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 07:04 PM   #46
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf&Watches View Post
on all but the biggest 8" plus wrist it looks truly awful to me. My good old Safari from 2007 is still looking good and worn reasonably often.
That makes no sense. A 44 fits the same as a 42mm on any wrist precisely 2mm larger than yours , and you say a 42mm fits you well. Unless your wrist is 2mm less than 8+ inches your numbers don't add up

Thats like me pouring a large bowl of Cheerios for breakfast and deciding its the perfect size. Then adding two additional Cheerios to the bowl and then declaring its now uneatably large.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 09:30 PM   #47
Golf&Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116719
To my eye, the very wide pusher housing design makes it wear larger. Just my opinion.
Golf&Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 09:38 PM   #48
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
That makes no sense. A 44 fits the same as a 42mm on any wrist precisely 2mm larger than yours , and you say a 42mm fits you well. Unless your wrist is 2mm less than 8+ inches your numbers don't add up

Thats like me pouring a large bowl of Cheerios for breakfast and deciding its the perfect size. Then adding two additional Cheerios to the bowl and then declaring its now uneatably large.
For me 44 fit way bigger than 2mm compared to 42...

On my 6.8 wrist all 42 I tried looked great and 44mm looked ridiculous... I only tried 44 SS, so maybe there is something with white dial, but the feel was that I wear a very very big watch...
edo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 09:45 PM   #49
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
I agree that it's the pushers that make the watch wear quite a bit bigger but the benefit of this is that it makes the watch far sportier than the 42.

I disagree that the watch looks ridiculous on anyone with a wrist size less than 8", personally I think it looks cool on anyone with a wrist size 6.75" upwards.

If a person doesn't like a big watch then this is one to avoid however for me it's the 1st Offshore that I owned that I can't imagine selling, all my others were 42mm Offshores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 10:33 PM   #50
Urooj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFLARE View Post
Urooj, I went to my local AD to try on AP's and as soon as I put on this watch I simply did not want to take it off! I took it off and put it back on several times. It doesn't look as good in pictures that I have seen as I'd like to give it credit for, but that is a great shot (and watch) you have there! I am not a big fan of the aesthetics of the strap, but I can confidently say that this was THE watch that pushed me closer towards AP when I was still on the fence.
Urooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 10:34 PM   #51
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
In honesty from pics I think most 44s are owned by people (including myself) with sub-8" wrists, so if they look ridiculous there's a lot of us out there like it! Personally I think its ridiculous to say they look ridiculous - fairly chunky yes, ridiculous no.
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 10:44 PM   #52
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
In honesty from pics I think most 44s are owned by people (including myself) with sub-8" wrists, so if they look ridiculous there's a lot of us out there like it! Personally I think its ridiculous to say they look ridiculous - fairly chunky yes, ridiculous no.
I spoke for myself when referring as ridicoulous... there is lot of TRF members with 6.5-6.6 wrists who posts on 44Novelity thread and watches looks big (as they are supposed to look) but pretty good and in some cases excellent when fitted on short strap... maybe I'm self-critical but I hated how it looked on me....
edo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 10:46 PM   #53
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
AP ROOs are not for shrinking violet apologists who constantly go on about being under the radar whatever that means, plenty of brands for those guys.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 11:18 PM   #54
civico
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by civico View Post
Both the 44s and 42s are great looking watches. 44s dials tend to have a sharper looking dials while the 42s dials offer a classic look that may age well with time...IMO.
Which ever one chooses, you will not go wrong as it offers excellent wrist presence.

I have a 7.5” wrist and a 42mm ROO RG. With the combination of its size and height on my wrist, it has the right feel and look to it.
Ultimately, beauty is in the eyes of the beholders and it is the reason why we buy what we had bought.

Wrist shot to show proportion of my arm and ROO
Old 26 September 2017, 12:40 AM   #55
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
That looks nice. Would look great (to me) with a black ceramic bezel, playing off the pushers.
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 01:28 AM   #56
ezinhk
"TRF" Member

Design wise, 44 is in a class of it’s own...probably the best looking high-end oversize sports watch IMO. If you put a ceramic bezel and rectangular pushers on a 42, it looks kinda strange. Again, not so much about wrist size (unless you have super skinny wrist and tiny arms) but the overall appearance of carrying a 44 is what really matters.
ezinhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2017, 01:53 PM   #57
Davetay
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio G-shock
Hi all, new owner of a 42mm 'navy' here. I really do think both 42mm and 44mm are as beautiful in their own right. My wrist is only 6.5" but i do find the 44mm wear more comfortable. Unfortunately I'm not rich enough to up the dollar for just a wider case size and ceramic bezel given the fact that both are using the same movement. That being said I don't think 42mm are inferior. This is my first AP and i hope it can be a keeper
Davetay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2017, 04:59 PM   #58
bluebeamer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetay View Post
Hi all, new owner of a 42mm 'navy' here. I really do think both 42mm and 44mm are as beautiful in their own right. My wrist is only 6.5" but i do find the 44mm wear more comfortable. Unfortunately I'm not rich enough to up the dollar for just a wider case size and ceramic bezel given the fact that both are using the same movement. That being said I don't think 42mm are inferior. This is my first AP and i hope it can be a keeper
nice pic. i feel like trading in my black themes for the new navy
bluebeamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2017, 12:09 AM   #59
Tomas Eriksson
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15707CE
42mm is a good size for us skinny people
Old 29 September 2017, 01:34 PM   #60
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
AP ROOs are not for shrinking violet apologists who constantly go on about being under the radar whatever that means, plenty of brands for those guys.
They're under the radar for good reason. If these gentlemen strapped on a 44mm offshore, they'd be immediately attacked by paparazzi and armed gangs of bandits

Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote